Fernando Torres

people complaining and wanting him gone after (i'll be fair) 5 goals in 3 games? thats pretty decent in my mind, no matter the team...

AND since he is here next season, one would think we would WANT him to keep up this record, no matter the team.

on second thought, nando, please dont score again because you are going to be in the CFC squad next year and we WOULDNT want that...

kinda pathetic, just give the guy some credit and cheer him on. He is still a blue. end of story.

keep up the good work el nino.

go blues.

well it's now looking as if he will certainly be here next season ...so we must just KTF

Completely agree. He's not going anywhere so atm the best we can do, imo, is to have some hope that he continues his scoring form of the last 2 months of last season. We can have all the criticism about his general play (and trust me I have quite a few) but you just can't argue against that scoring rate if he does manage to recreate it.

I don't see how scoring 4 goals against Tahiti and 1 against Nigeria suddenly suggests his form with Spain remains good. He only got back into the Spain NT for the Confederations Cup because of his late flurry of goals towards the end of last season and even then, all but 1 came in the Europa League. Prior to that, he was hardly getting picked by Del Bosque at all.

Believe me, I know what his actual form is, but numbers are what most people go by these days, and years from now numbers will be what most people remember as that's the only thing that will be recorded. His record, incredible as it seems, will now most likely include another golden boot, in addition to the one he got last year..and he also remains his nation's 3rd highest goal scorer. His record is what I stressed in both my previous posts, which is why I feel he has an argument when he says 'I have nothing to prove' for the national team.

All fair points, just saying that the opposition does matter as Tahiti skewed all stats in this competition.

Abel Hernandez, pretty average player, is the leading goal scorer because of them. That also applies to pass completion, tackles, etc.

people complaining and wanting him gone after (i'll be fair) 5 goals in 3 games? thats pretty decent in my mind, no matter the team...

AND since he is here next season, one would think we would WANT him to keep up this record, no matter the team.

on second thought, nando, please dont score again because you are going to be in the CFC squad next year and we WOULDNT want that...

kinda pathetic, just give the guy some credit and cheer him on. He is still a blue. end of story.

keep up the good work el nino.

go blues.

Think people complain and want him gone because of what has happened in the 2 1/2 years since he's been with us. Nothing to do with just 3 games in the Confederations Cup.

And really, just because people criticize Torres here doesn't mean we won't support him for the sake of the team should he remain. Aren't we all allowed to voice our opinions anyway, regardless of the situation? We all criticize players in the team but we still cheer them on in games.

He is more deluded than his fanboys, we need to get rid of him.

Lukaku has more goals in the EPL in one year at West Brom - where he was not first choice, than Torres has had in 2 and a half years in the club. He has held us back cost played ahead of superior players like Drogba; Lukaku; Sturridge; Kalou; Anelka - as soon as he is dropped he will throw his toys out, like he did after the CL Final; like he stormed out when subbed against QPR. He is a mental midget who has no place in a club challenging for honors specially on the retarded wages we are giving him to score less than 15 goals in the EPL in 1260 days.

wtf??? its easier to make a name how??? how many 10th placed team strikers have scored 17 league goals playing half the season from the bench. and how is it easier to score goals for wba than for chelsea. they have morrison, brunt in their mid compared to mazacar, ramires , lamps in ours. should i refresh your memory as to how many goals chelsea scored in the last season compared to wba.

thats the point we have scoring midfielders while they dont

He is a fucking dirt bag if he is saying that.

Cost the club a lot of money and coaches.

Not to mention we lost sturridge because we had to give the princess all the time in the world to get his confidence back.

And now he wants everyone to be merry and forget all about the past?

Mourinho please do bench him!

Look I don't want Torres to stay but lets say he does, as fans all we can do is support the clubs decision to keep him, I said that I don't think I could watch another season of the shit he serves up on the pitch but in the end I am watching for Chelsea and I hope we can find a balance. What would everyone's reaction be if Jose decides to use Torres as the Main striker next season?