Fernando Torres

Torres: "People remember my first year at Chelsea more than the current situation"

http://www.marca.com/2013/06/24/en/football/international_football/1372096918.html

I think he has a point there to a certain extent. He's been gradually improving from his horrible second half of the season in 2010/2011. However he either fails to realize or doesn't want to admit out loud his overall performance is still not good enough for a club like Chelsea. I can't see him leave, because no one would pay his sky high wages and he still has 3 more years of his contract, so one can only hope he'll be better this time around.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8793084/Fernando-Torres-feels-people-should-stop-judging-him-on-past-showings

Fernando Torres feels people should stop judging him on past showings

Sorry Torres, but fuck off.

There's a reason why you don't want people to talk about your past at Chelsea, it's fucking beyond terrible.

He's going into his 3rd year here and he's done pretty much nothing to note (Oh, but he did win a corner!). Every year he promises the sun, moon and stars for the next season...we're not stupid though. Does he think we can't see him when he's been sulking around the pitch for the majority of mid-season? 5 months to score a PL goal Nando? How do you explain that one?

He's some piece of work. Every interview he does annoys me further and makes me believe that every player who plays at Liverpool becomes as delusional as the club thereafter...

He talks and talks and talks but hardly even prove it on the pitch consistently! So much delusional thinking and words being spouted out of his mouth every time when he talks about this!! :rant:

I wouldn't underestimate Torres' effect on Mata; they are best friends by the looks of it and it was Torres who convinced Mata to come. We need to ensure we treat Torres right; primarily so it doesn't effect Mata.

Can see where you are coming from but think Mata is big and mature enough to survive and live independently without his close friend Torres at the club. And besides, Torres isn't the only close Spanish friend of his here, or just generally for that matter.

Can see where you are coming from but think Mata is big and mature enough to survive and live independently without his close friend Torres at the club. And besides, Torres isn't the only close Spanish friend of his here, or just generally for that matter.

Not denying that; but I know if my best friend was treated like shit (ala like Malouda) at the company we worked for I'd be pissed and probably reconsider my position...

Not denying that; but I know if my best friend was treated like shit (ala like Malouda) at the company we worked for I'd be pissed and probably reconsider my position...

Is Torres being treated like shit though? You can't compare the Torres and Malouda situation in that sense.

As Skipper has already alluded too, I think the club have treated Torres very VERY well already by being patient (perhaps forced too) considering he has never really hit any sort of heights and perform consistently throughout this 2 1/2 years at level he should be with us.

Look I don't want Torres to stay but lets say he does, as fans all we can do is support the clubs decision to keep him, I said that I don't think I could watch another season of the shit he serves up on the pitch but in the end I am watching for Chelsea and I hope we can find a balance. What would everyone's reaction be if Jose decides to use Torres as the Main striker next season?

Bring back Benitez????????

I wouldn't underestimate Torres' effect on Mata; they are best friends by the looks of it and it was Torres who convinced Mata to come. We need to ensure we treat Torres right; primarily so it doesn't effect Mata.

If anything, it's probably the other way around. Torres seems like a timid person whereas Mata is one of the most friendly and outgoing personalities in the entire league. Mata will have no problem fitting in and being loved anywhere he goes or whoever he's with.

As Skipper has already alluded too, I think the club have treated Torres very VERY well already by being patient (perhaps forced too) considering he has never really hit any sort of heights and perform consistently throughout this 2 1/2 years at level he should be with us.

I'm not saying we have treated him like shit as a club; I just saying we need to be careful about how we treat him from now on.

Either way, saying Torres' departure wouldn't effect Mata is wishful thinking I feel (IMO).

I'm not saying we have treated him like shit as a club; I just saying we need to be careful about how we treat him from now on.

Either way, saying Torres' departure wouldn't effect Mata is wishful thinking I feel (IMO).

Professional's should just be able to get on with it, even if their mates he must know deep down Torres just isn't good enough.

They can still keep in touch and hang out outside football and tbh if Mata is that mentally fragile then he should hang up his boots and join whatever romantics are in the crown.

Why is Torres looking sharp again?? Dont start this bullshit mate... I'd prefer it if ypu stayed shit soo we don't have the Nando is back claims for you to go missing mid season again.