Fernando Torres

He always makes runs on the shoulder of the last defender, attacks crosses, shoots regularly etc for Spain in comparison to with us.....

Think most of that happened against an awful Tahiti side that defended very naively as opposed to against Uruguay or Nigeria.

We know he got that in him but the problem is, he's not doing it enough, not what he SHOULD be doing. Too often he has been a statue for us upfront.

A pointless comment to make don't you think supposing Germany isn't in the tournament?

Obviousley you missed the point here. Point is, they're playing against shit teams. Who cares what Torres does or doesnt do and how he looks and plays?

Obviousley you missed the point here. Point is, they're playing against shit teams. Who cares what Torres does or doesnt do and how he looks and plays?

Point is he is scoring goals. He struggled to score against shit teams last year didn't he ? Not saying hes gonna score tonnes of goals or that this year but at least hes scoring goals albeit against Tahiti and Nigeria.

Point is he is scoring goals. He struggled to score against shit teams last year didn't he ?

Leeds, Wolves, Leciester..

So I ask again, who cares and what does it matter that he is scoring goals against teams like Tahiti? In all seriousness?

Leeds, Wolves, Leciester..

So I ask again, who cares and what does it matter that he is scoring goals against teams like Tahiti? In all seriousness?

Well himself and his managers at club and country probably do...

Can't believe if he scores 2(?) more goals in this competition he'll break yet another record. I know a lot on here don't believe he was the best striker in the world while at Liverpool like some claim, and I guess I agree, but he was definitely one of the best. And you know if he showed this Spain form consistently for us? (Anything is possible with Mourinho), I genuinely believe he'd finally get something like 15 PL goals at least with us next season.

I still want him gone, no doubt. But I think he can do the job next season if we slightly alter tactics.

Oh, and the Shevchenko transfer is still our worst of all time. The amount of money Torres won us (sort of) with the corner which got the ball to Drogba's head in Munich or his goal in the EL final can't just be written off.

Yes, I know we might has lost our faith in him. But as long as he wears Chelsea shirt, I always wish him well and good luck. Hopefully he has his confidence back next season especially with Jose in charge, as that's actually his main problem from the first day.

Found it amusing that some people have allowed Torres's goals in past few months to cloud their judgment over his actual situation. It's ridiculous how quick people have forgotten that for most parts of last season, we were like playing with 10 men in most matches with a statue-esque or non-existent ST upfront and he even went like 4 1/2 months without a goal in the league FGS! But 22 goals and 5 in the Confederations Cup later, people are suddenly wanking over him and thinking we should be keeping him when at some point last season, the same people were probably thinking of selling him off!

There is a lot of middle ground between those two ways of thinking about him. Whatever people might have thought about him, over the last couple of months he has picked up his performances and seems to be in some kind of form. That's not to say 'he's back' but whether we decide to sell him or not people have to acknowledge that something looks a bit better about him.

He lost his most important weapon - his pace. The same thing happened to Alan Shearer, but he adjusted his game and was still a threat. Maybe Torres is starting to re-mould himself into a different type of striker?