Fernando Torres

Del Bosque can be an idiot at times. The decision to use Negredo for the first time in a semi final was farcicle. Everyone could see Torres should have played and he could have scored if he did, due to the space in behind the back four. We should have more belief in Torres.

it must be hard to be a cf under del bosque, because negredo reveals after the match that he was only on the pitch to make the defense tired ... not very glorious, if you ask me ;)

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3284/euro-2012/2012/06/28/3206006/negredo-portugal-clash-was-very-ugly

To weigh in on the Del Bosque-Torres saga..

I truly believe Torres was only taken to make up the numbers in Villa's absence and his use of him sparingly proved that. I was actually more disappointed that he didn't call on Llorente to replace Negredo.

To weigh in on the Del Bosque-Torres saga..

I truly believe Torres was only taken to make up the numbers in Villa's absence and his use of him sparingly proved that. I was actually more disappointed that he didn't call on Llorente to replace Negredo.

That makes no sense. Torres has at least played, whereas Llorente hasn't seen a single minute of gametime. So, wouldn't it mean Llorente was taken to make up the numbers?

That makes no sense. Torres has at least played, whereas Llorente hasn't seen a single minute of gametime. So, wouldn't it mean Llorente was taken to make up the numbers?

Fair argument, but that match was perfect for Llorente to showcase his strengths, he would've offered a lot more movement and finishing ability than Negredo. Torres has lost the faith Del Bosque once had in him, where as Llorente hasn't found it at all.

I'd be very surprised if Torres were to start v. Italy, which he should tbh.

You guys need to fucking realize that Torres IS going to be our main striker whether you like it or not and I can guarantee you that talking shit about him is not going to lead us anywhere.

What the fuck man. Who's talking shit? I like Torres a lot as a person and a player but he just hasn't produced and some of the fans are worried because Drogba isn't here to save our asses anymore. Capish!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3JUdryT9zI

Was just looking at that, his goals in Liverpool and I just remember the hate-love I had towards him. I hated him because he always scored against Chelsea but loved him due to the absolute magnificant CF he was.

Do u guys think he'll ever get at least that confidence back? I do see glimses of his movement sometimes and I do believe he has it in him, he just has to believe in himself. It would be an absolute delight to see him back in his old self like in that clip.

Well take a look at Essien.

He was good till he got injured.

Likewise Kaka.

If he was younger he might have a chance, but giving that he is 28 and is downhill like these two mention I don't think we will ever see that old Torres.

So nope, he is just a poor version of Sheva.

Biggest flop in the entire history!!!

BTW Real Madrid payed 80mill for Ronalda because of what he could do for the team.

So far Ronaldo has done greater things at Madrid then what he did at United.

Will Torres give you a better return then what he did at Liverpool?

Nope, which is why the worst transfer Chelsea has ever made for the price paid!

I would love it if Torres proved me wrong but there has been nothing in his whole Chelsea career that suggest's he can.

Even his so called greatest moment for us in Barca came after he lost the ball in a dangerous area and if it weren't for Bosingwa's (of all players) interception would have lost us the tie, then Cole hit it up and he went from near villain to hero.

I would love it if Torres proved me wrong but there has been nothing in his whole Chelsea career that suggest's he can.

Even his so called greatest moment for us in Barca came after he lost the ball in a dangerous area and if it weren't for Bosingwa's (of all players) interception would have lost us the tie, then Cole hit it up and he went from near villain to hero.

Torres might score, but it is not going to be enough of his 50 mill price tag.

He will have to do better then what he did at Liverpool, and it looks like it's not going to happen.

He might be on the same road like Kaka, shows some brief flashes here and there and scores a couple of goals but he will not live up to the expectation of his price tag as Ronalda has.

I would 100% like Torress to succeed at Chelsea but I have high doubts and will continue to. We saw Drogba come up big for us when needed last season but Torres just doesnt turn up in these sort of games. He hasnt proven himself at us and how many chances are we going to give him. Hopefully we do buy another quality striker do provide competition and keep Torres on top of his game. Against Arsenal home and away last season he was just invisible in attack as was he against Liverpool as well. People may want to back him now but come next season if he does not hit off, many people here may have to change their words. That is why I am fully supportive of the move for Hulk as he can step in up front if Torres is not on form.

He was very sharp in games against QPR and Genk but he did not deliver on a consistent basis. He scored 2 well taken goals against Ireland but their level of calibre is quite low and next season we don't have Drogba to turn to if Torres is misfiring. I am excited of what the new season brings ahead for us but we need another striker for sure IMO like the situation at Real Madrid who have 2 quality strikers. As Justin said he will not be the same player at Liverpool, he will get goals but do I have trust in him for a whole season? No, he has had many chances and not turned up. He was very outspoken of the signing of Mata claiming that he would help him score goals but after that Swansea game it just dried up. What will be the difference next season? That is why with the absence of Drogba we should look to buy another striker as Sturridge is not a proven striker for us and other teams, no matter how much he wants to play there

Hopefully he does kick on next season though and score much more goals because it is about time you served us with a 20+ goalscoring season

Torres starting on the bench, Spain with no striker. Embarrassing.

I wish Roman was more ruthless and sack players as he does with managers!

If he done that we would have never had to support the Kalou and Malouda for so long.

Look at Barcelona, they screw up royally with Ibra, but they got rid of him fast.

And here we are going to make him our main striker.....