Fernando Torres

If you ask me, I'd say that they (Spain) have become a little narcissistic about that tiki-taka thing. Just like Barcelona.

I really hope England or Italy win this Euro.

You obivously haven't heard of Czech Republic, have you?

Anyway, it would be ridiculous to made a judgement based on his performace tonight, to be fair, I think he was the only one trying. End of story.

P.S.: This thread is getting ridiculous, have you noticed Spike? :D

If Juventus is going to offer 30m euros for Torres, I would consider selling this guy.

no point telling him he will be the main striker for next year.

anyhow, i really really hope we stick with him and he comes good.

man, it was so frustrating to see how scored against us when he was still playing for l'pool. you just knew he was going to score. the same as didier and arsenal.

Anyways getting a creative player like Giovinco plus cash, while selling the FLOP Torres will kill two birds with one stone.

Then we should have enough money to go and buy Cavani.

Not to mention Cavani said he would like to play for Chelsea! blue%20scalf.gif:dance:

Delusional!

You seriously blame him for this match?

I mean, what the flying f*ck was Spain doing? They played this tiki-taka, let's get 150 passes for the magnificient Xavi to break another record crap.

Torres asked for the ball countless times, yet no one gave him.

In my opinion, he gets less support from the midfield at Spain, that at us.

Couldn't agree more... Spain didn't look like they wanted the ball in the final 3rd and Torres was left to the wolves and got swallowed up by the back 4 cause no one wanted to advance and help him out... They just hung out in midfield... He called for the ball plenty but no looks, Spain looked VERY content with a draw... Hahaha

This game didn't mean shit, let's get real and let's hush this Torres debate, we all know he looks better now how about we be fans and have faith and just keep our mouths shut and wait till he is wearing Chelsea blue... Tired of all this... Deal? Deal...

Come on el niño... Come on you blues!!!!!!

24m would be a great offer for Torres, but I don't like the timing of it. We've already made quite a few changes for next season and will probably continue to make more changes in other areas of the team, and I don't feel we should make too many changes over such a short period of time. Besides, Torres hasn't looked this sharp in the past one and a half seasons he's been with us. Even though he seems totally out of sync with the rest of the team (Spain), you can tell he's a much better player than he was with us when he was complaining about our midfield. He's making better runs, and he strikes the ball with more confidence now. In a way that's assuring, but at the same time, I'm afraid he'll quickly fall out of favour with del Bosque because obviously he's not the kind of man suited to tiki taka (Pass him the fucking ball please already, no one likes to see Iniesta and Xavi fiddling with balls between themselves all day long). That's too bad because I felt how Torres did in Euro would be decisive in whether he'd do well for us next season. Hopefully, he won't be affected too much.

30 million is a very good deal. We're only losing 20 plus wages, we're not going to get a much better deal than that. It could then be reinvested in a new contract for Sturridge and a new striker. Someone like Cavani; perhaps, or Lewandowski.

I don't think it will happen, I don't think Torres would agree to go to Italy.

About Cavani, I really don't want to see him here, according to the media, Juve wants Torres because they couldn't get Cavani, since Napoli won't sell him under 70 million. That's ridiculously much.

Discussions over the possiblity of selling Torres are meaningless since Roman himself gave him a guarantee that he'll be our main striker next season. Yeah yeah, getting 30 million for him would be good and all, but it's not going to happen this summer.

Good point :(

Discussions over the possiblity of selling Torres are meaningless since Roman himself gave him a guarantee that he'll be our main striker next season. Yeah yeah, getting 30 million for him would be good and all, but it's not going to happen this summer.

It's true, this is possibly the last summer where he would have anywhere near value that would allow us to recoup some of his transfer fee - but that's not really something Roman cares too much about - if he decides he can sell him for 1 million in the winter. As long as he has Roman's backing he will stick around.

exactly my point

Roman guaranteeing stuff?

Like AVB said he had the unconditional backing of the owner?

Really? Did you saw Roman talking with Torres? It could be just to make Torres worth more money. If the team said he could leave, no one would pay more than 10m for the guy.