Fernando Torres

I can't believe we paid 50M for a striker who needs the system AND squad built around him to score when 50M strikers should actually be creating chances for himself and others. People point to the lack of service, but he barely scores for Spain either. There are a lot of excuses being made for him, but there's clearly something wrong with him right now and I just hope he fixes it quickly. We need him.

Exactly. Killamanjaro makes this point often too and it's very valid.

Building a squad around 1 player can be disastrous on it's own, let alone building it around a 27-year old who's not performing.

Don't make excuses that it's 'the lack of service'. Have you seen him play with Spain in South-Africa? He was terrible despite being 'serviced' by Xavi, Iniesta, Silva, ..... Yes, he has no confidence, but that's going on for over 2 years. He puts pressure on coaches because he is 'worth 50m', Kaka cost 56m and he is on the bench. Come on AVB, if José can do it..

Exactly. Killamanjaro makes this point often too and it's very valid.

Building a squad around 1 player can be disastrous on it's own, let alone building it around a 27-year old who's not performing.

Sometimes I suspect some of these Torres apologist are actually on the Spaniards payroll. The pathetic excuses has been that overwhelming.

Sometimes I suspect some of these Torres apologist are actually on the Spaniards payroll. The pathetic excuses has been that overwhelming.

I'm glad we have 2 more strikers waiting in the background when Villas-Boas gets fed up of Torres. Lukaku & Sturridge have both shown glimpses (more so, in the latter) that they're more than ready to step up.

Torres knows this and when Torres is dropped, he'll really realise he does need to fix up. He probably thinks Mata's been signed for his cause, so now it's time for him to, personally, show it was worth it. Otherwise, Danny's more than happy to fill in.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but he's proving to be an expensive flop. Not the first Chelsea striker to fall into that category though.

Malagas £20 m bid is cheeky one, and should be ignored, but times running out.....

Yup, we're quite unlucky when it comes to these big money, forward signings. Sheva was unfortunate, because he actually was proper on form when we signed him, he just couldn't adapt. Torres was bought at a time where even his own performance hadn't been great.

I wouldn't say sell him yet though :lol:

Don't make excuses that it's 'the lack of service'. Have you seen him play with Spain in South-Africa? He was terrible despite being 'serviced' by Xavi, Iniesta, Silva, .....

You know he had knee surgery 8 weeks before the first game right? Take it up with Del Bosque why he played Torres.

Yup, we're quite unlucky when it comes to these big money, forward signings. Sheva was unfortunate, because he actually was proper on form when we signed him, he just couldn't adapt. Torres was bought at a time where even his own performance hadn't been great.

I wouldn't say sell him yet though :lol:

Thats true -the hype was incredible -helicopters at Anfield etc hair gel trucks at Cobham etc -yet you're right his recent performances nationally and at club were waning. Chris Suttonesque...

I must ask for a raise...

Or maybe it's because we've seen him at this best and know what he can do? And hope that he can return to it?

Dzeko realised that the EPL is no fun and games so we whipped some ass by scoring 6 goals in 3 games.

Yeah, that's it. Dzeko woke up one day and said "I'm going to take down names and kick ass" and poof, six goals. Nothing else has happened at City.

It's all up to him now. He needs to wake up. Poor, poor display against Norwich. Hope that Stoke performance wasn't just a one-off. He needs to score against Sunderland. If he doesn't then we should drop him against Man Utd.

Drop him for who?

Drogba probably won't be fit for then and you can't expect Lukaku or Sturridge to lead the line against Man United.

It's all up to him now. He needs to wake up. Poor, poor display against Norwich. Hope that Stoke performance wasn't just a one-off. He needs to score against Sunderland. If he doesn't then we should drop him against Man Utd.

While we're at it can we also drop Frank because he's been just as bad or worse.

Drop him for who? Drogba probably won't be fit for then and you can't expect Lukaku or Sturridge to lead the line against Man United.

If he's as poor as he was against Norwich then is there any point to playing him? You remember how dire he was at Old Trafford in the CL away leg last season? I'd rather play Sturridge.