Fernando Torres

It was against Everton away and I remember reading about it but never actually saw it in the stream I was watching. But yeah, it was point of discussion. At the time it was mostly scousers siding with Torres and telling Carragher to stop his stupid hoofing.

After the transfer, it was yeah, remember when that lazy cunt, Torres wouldn't run after a hoof and Carra told him off? Yeah, go Carra lad.

Reportedly Carragher tore into Torres at half time of that game too. But so many rumors floating so who knows. Like I said people were convinced and confirmed by the ITKs that Roy and Torres hated each other, etc. And then Roy said in an interview that Torres texted him after his transfer and they both have said nice things about each other. So there you go.

If Drogba signed for our big rivals, we would be on to him aswell I think. Scouser's main problem is that he signed to us, had it been anybody outside the country, they probably wouldn't give a damn. I heard one scouser saying that had he left during the Rafa/Hodgson crysis when they were under Hicks and Gillett, then they would have understood him... but now they have got their hopes up with new owners and a new manager and they thought Suarez was being bought to play alongside Torres. So they are bitter that their best player left them now that they have got their sinking ship a bit steadier.

If Drogba signed for our big rivals, we would be on to him aswell I think. Scouser's main problem is that he signed to us, had it been anybody outside the country, they probably wouldn't give a damn. I heard one scouser saying that had he left during the Rafa/Hodgson crysis when they were under Hicks and Gillett, then they would understand him... but now they have got their hopes up with new owners and a new manager and they thought Suarez was being bought to play alongside Torres. So they are bitter that their best player left them now that they have got their sinking ship a bit steadier.

We aint their rivals tho not anymore, we are a title challenging side and they are a top 6 team, Villa, Everton, Stoke are their rivals now.

If Drogba signed for our big rivals, we would be on to him aswell I think. Scouser's main problem is that he signed to us, had it been anybody outside the country, they probably wouldn't give a damn. I heard one scouser saying that had he left during the Rafa/Hodgson crysis when they were under Hicks and Gillett, then they would have understood him... but now they have got their hopes up with new owners and a new manager and they thought Suarez was being bought to play alongside Torres. So they are bitter that their best player left them now that they have got their sinking ship a bit steadier.

Agree. Also, as my daughter so eloquently says, they're "butt hurt" that he left under Kenny's watch. The cult of Kenny has its grasp on the scouse morons. They just cannot comprehend anybody not wanting to play for Kenny in their simple minds.

A mercenary does not stay at his boyhood club for 7 seasons while never finishing higher than 7th in La Liga when he had world class talent.

A mercenary does not leave his boyhood club while taking a pay cut so he can go to the northwest of England for CL football.

A mercenary does not turn down City's offer to be the highest paid player in England.

LFC fans simply can't fathom that they aren't that special. Yes, they are a big club. Yes, they have a great winning record in the past. Torres will no doubt say he enjoyed most of his time there and appreciates the club. There was obviously a great love affair between him and the fans. Yet he walked. And you know why? LFC aren't that freaking amazing. My god, he left his life club where he was captain and icon because he wanted CL football. Why wouldn't he leave LFC? Oh, because they're so, so special? Ah, no. I think that's what leaves them so 'butt hurt.' Torres treated them as a club of employment and not the club he adores (unlike Atletico). And horror, he disagreed with Dalglish's rebuilding plans and timeline. That's unforgiveable because Daglish is infallible it seems.

In other words, the degree of their anger and bitterness is tied in with their own inflated sense of worth and entitlement.

Liverpool paid him less than Atletico?

Yes, for the first season. Of course after his sensational first season, they brought him up to about 90-100K which was what he was making at AM anyway. And in 2009, they renegotiated him to about 120ish.