Fernando Torres

I want to read Torres's thoughts... He should go to sport-psychologist or something... I've never seen such a decline in form before this.... I'm really sorry him!

It pisses me off to del bosque needs a good torres so why not give him a good chance to score goals today!!! :rant:

It pisses me off to del bosque needs a good torres so why not give him a good chance to score goals today!!! :rant:

Absolutely! This is a really easy match for them, and their qualification is safe... He must score some goal, to improve his form...

To be fair though Torres doesn't deserve to play, he is not in form. We complain about Chelsea players playing when they are not in form e.g Lampard, Malouda, etc. Del Bosque has other players to play that are in form to choose from and they deserve a chance over the likes of Nando. It's easy for us to want players picked on their reputation but then be hypocritcal and complain when players are picked on reputation for Chelsea. Torres needs to win his place back, and that's down to him performing

He hasn't been a starter for a while and deservedly so. Negredo, Llorente and Soldado (for some reason Soldado doesn't get called up) are all in much better form. Del Bosque has been good to Torres until now but if he keeps this up, he'll loose his place.

Absolutely. Soldado has been red hot for around 15 months now. Spain's striking options are terrifying.

To be fair though Torres doesn't deserve to play, he is not in form. We complain about Chelsea players playing when they are not in form e.g Lampard, Malouda, etc. Del Bosque has other players to play that are in form to choose from and they deserve a chance over the likes of Nando. It's easy for us to want players picked on their reputation but then be hypocritcal and complain when players are picked on reputation for Chelsea. Torres needs to win his place back, and that's down to him performing

Indeed.

Negredo is on much better form, even Llorente is. Torres, of all players, knows how much competition there is for the NT, even the bench. It's up to him now.

He hasn't been a starter for a while and deservedly so. Negredo, Llorente and Soldado (for some reason Soldado doesn't get called up) are all in much better form. Del Bosque has been good to Torres until now but if he keeps this up, he'll loose his place.

DB has been good to Torres but that goes both ways. A main source of friction at Liverpool was Torres/Spain NT/Liverpool. He'd leave Liverpool, join the NT, come back hurt, and Liverpool would miss him for weeks. Liverpool would rush to have him back, another international game/friendly, off Torres would go to join Spain, and he'd get hurt again. It was pissing off Rafa who wanted Torres to rest, it was pissing off Spain who said he was ok, and it was pissing off Torres who wanted to play for club and country.

DB brought Torres for the WC because of his history with the NT, his Euro Cup winning goal, etc (similar to Lampard - a good servant for his country). In hindsight it was probably one of the worst things to happen - Torres was only 6-8 weeks post-op knee surgery (second in 6 months) and he wasn't 100%. He probably wasn't even 75% and it affected his game.

For me personally (and I don't count according to AVB or DB), Torres needs to stay healthy, needs to play with his club, find a rhythm with his teammates, and find the back of the net. The rest will take care of itself. For me now it seems to be a mental block more than anything else.

The hate he receives from the media, "fans", makes me wonder what he's done to piss off so many people other than leave holier than thou Liverpool. He even gets it in Spain which Atletico fans say is because he's repeatedly pledged his loyalty to Atletico and thumbed his nose at RM. In Madrid, if you're not playing for RM, you're sh*t and that permeates a lot of the Spanish media.

Bottom line - he needs to work hard, start scoring, and that'll shut up his critics.

Let's face it, this is Spain. Aside from defense, they've got multiple top class players for each position. Torres wasn't going to stay on the team forever with his recent form. Yes, still a shock to actually see Torres dropped off the team but logically it makes sense. I'd have preferred Del Bosque to keep his democratic rotation of CF's (meaning it was Llorente's turn to start and Torres to sub since he didn't start the last game) and given Torres some easy chances to notch a couple of goals. Any team Del Bosque started tonight would have won 6-0 against Lichtenstein. But obviously Del Bosque was all business and treated the game properly as a Euro qualifier. Anyway, it's better early for Torres to get a warning from Del Bosque rather than to get it by being dropped right before Euro 2012. He'll have the whole season to fight for his place.

It's not just Torres, Silva will have to look out for Mata now. Llorente is under the same pressure from Negredo.

Guest justin_3d

Too many top strikers in form right now in Spain.

While as Chelsea got none in form.

AVB what he needs to do is just stick to one striker and make him the focus, giving that all our strikers are not in good form.

I vote for Torres. And if he continues doing bad by December, then no excuses can save him!

I have to add this, I know it's a little petty...Torres scores a brace against Lichtenstein, he bullies the weak teams. Negredo scores a brace against Lichtenstein and he's in the form of his life and unquestionably the best CF for Spain.

Not true. Negredo has scored 12 goals in the last ten league matches he has played (add 5 goals in 7 matches in the NT to that), that's why 'he's in the form of his life'.

Not true. Negredo has scored 12 goals in the last ten league matches he has played (add 5 goals in 7 matches in the NT to that), that's why 'he's in the form of his life'.

He is of course in much better form than Torres. Perhaps I shouldn't have used "form" but reading the Marca comments, many of them were about how great Negredo for scoring 2 against Lichtenstein whereas Torres did the same thing in their 1st qualifying game and there was nary a peep about how great that was. And that while recovering from his World Cup injury. But after that game, it was mostly, ah he only scores against the minnows.

Anyhow, it was a petty gripe more to do with fickle Spanish fans.

Torres hits new low as £50m Chelsea flop is dropped by Spain with swipe from Del Bosque

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1XGf6Cm40

oh they just love calling him a 50m flop...it's not that he has proved that he isn't that, but I have a feel that journos get an orgasm whenever they write bad about Torres...

http://www.sportyou.es/blog/futbol/2011/09/07/la-encrucijada-de-torres-2-362970.html

Let's look at the numbers behind all the punditry, the moaning, griping and hyperbole.

You would think Torres is the worst striker ever for Spain and has failed over and over again for Del Bosque and thus he needs to dropped. Or maybe is it something more mundane, like he's been okay, could do better, could use more minutes to show it and a few more starts would be nice. Right now, Negredo is doing well and starting. That's great for him, deserved. But does Torres need the whole of Spain (and elsewhere) to shit on him from great heights? Meh.

Check out the minutes to goal ratios. Torres has started ...wait for it, wait for it...TWO games for Spain since the World Cup. Two--one he scores a brace and the other he leaves early with a concussion. The longest he's been on the pitch is 57 minutes. Two starts, the rest are sub appearances. Again, meh.

Nothing there tells me Torres has been horrid for Spain. If Del Bosque feels he can do better than Torres, that's fair. He's the boss and he can start whoever he wants. I just wish the gross exaggeration of Torres effectiveness would abate. He's having a horrible time at the club level of course but his national team numbers aren't anything that deserve public humiliation. I'd be happy with a striker who scores every 98 minutes on the pitch.

Meh, a mountain out of a molehill. Unfortunately Torres has to put up with the press and certain fans blowing it all out of proportion.

Guest justin_3d

oh they just love calling him a 50m flop...it's not that he has proved that he isn't that, but I have a feel that journos get an orgasm whenever they write bad about Torres...

It use to be the same thing with Berbatov.

So this is not new.