Fernando Torres

If he doesn't have at least 6-8 goals (in all competitions) at the end of October, I'll be ready to give up. By then we should have a creative midfielder, and if that doesn't work, then fine. Sell him in January or next summer. But I'm not ready to give up on him yet.

Simple we should've never bought Torres. Sturridge should've played, and if not then we should've brought Suarez or Dzeko. Oh only if you could change teh past :(

I disagree. Sturridge can still start even with Torres being in the same line-up. As for Suarez, we now have Mata and Dzeko has been on the same level as Torres until yesterday. I'm sure that Torres will have such a day sooner or later this season. One day he'll explode.

I disagree. Sturridge can still start even with Torres being in the same line-up. As for Suarez, we now have Mata and Dzeko has been on the same level as Torres until yesterday. I'm sure that Torres will have such a day sooner or later this season. One day he'll explode.

You didn't understand me. We had a hungry Sturridge on the bench and Carlo didn't want to try him as a striker. Suarez wuz raping in Holland and Dzeko was banging them also in Germany. What we did? We brought a injury prone player for HUGE money who was underperforming for quite some time already. With that we risked a lot. What if he gets injured? What if he's never the same again? Will he fit into our style of play?

But again, it's easy to say all this now, fact is that forum crashed and many pants were wet after he became our player.

Easy to say that now :whistling:

Damn right you are :P

Oh well, at least El Nino rapes in FM, 41 goals in 45 matches :giggle:

If he has another poor performance against Sunderland, we gotta start someone else at CF against United. The problem with Torres right now isn't that he's not the Fernando Torres from 2 years ago, it's that he doesn't even look like a Premier League level player. God please help Fernando

You didn't understand me. We had a hungry Sturridge on the bench and Carlo didn't want to try him as a striker. Suarez wuz raping in Holland and Dzeko was banging them also in Germany. What we did? We brought a injury prone player for HUGE money who was underperforming for quite some time already. With that we risked a lot. What if he gets injured? What if he's never the same again? Will he fit into our style of play?

It's easy (and possibly fair) criticizing the club in hindsight but back when the move happened you could count the sceptical forum users on the fingers of one hand.

It's easy (and possibly fair) criticizing the club in hindsight but back when the move happened you could count the sceptical forum users on the fingers of one hand.

I think back then, all that "happiness" (do not know if it's the right word...) was more due to the fact that we were about to buy a big name and due to all media's stories/news around this transfert, than anything else.

When we slate Torres lack of goals our other forwards have hardly been lighting up the world since he arrived either, since El Nino's arrival Anelka has only scored 3 goals and Drogba has only got 2 (mabye 3) so its obviously runs deeper than Torres just being "finished".

Great post! :yes:

Those saying why do we need to build around Torres - because whether you like it or not, we paid £50 million for him to supposedly salvage our season. That one move indicated that he's the main man here and he'll continue to be so whether Drogba stays or goes. So let's think logically here - you make someone your focal point, next thing you do is go and build a team around him. This team and it's established set up is suited to Drogba who's more likely to find himself on the bench than on the pitch as things stand. Strangely enough this is not spoken about or pointed out nearly as often as it should be. Instead all the blame falls on Torres.

Fair enough £50m is alot of money and you expect bang for that kind of buck. But if anything it's the negotiators who should be blamed for facilitating that sort of deal. Torres didn't hang around Anfield holding a placard saying buy me for 50m. Don't know why he gets beaten with that stick.

It's never a good idea to build a team around a single player, let alone one who's performing a lot under-expectation.

We've given him support by signing the likes of Mata, Villas-Boas has let him start all our games so far, and yet he still isn't improving to the extent we hoped he would. Clearly his summer hasn't given him (or us) any more confidence in his abilities and so it's very dangerous to build a squad just to suit him.

We have other players ready to fill in for Torres who can make do with what we have. Sturridge comes to mind first..

It's never a good idea to build a team around a single player, let alone one who's performing a lot under-expectation.

Like Tomo already pointed out, what have Drogba and Anelka done so far? They've been playing this system for years, meaning they should be banging in goals left, right, centre. But the midfield is just too uninspiring to create chances for the forwards. It's simply undeniable.

We've given him support by signing the likes of Mata, Villas-Boas has let him start all our games so far, and yet he still isn't improving to the extent we hoped he would.

How long did he and Mata play together for? 4 mins, maybe 5. No good buying those players if you're not going to play them together.

He was MOTM against Stoke, did quite well against WBA as well, despite the horrendous lack of service. Only disappointing outing so far has been the Norwich one, where Drogba didn't do any better either, but again nobody says anything at all about that.

We have other players ready to fill in for Torres who can make do with what we have. Sturridge comes to mind first..

Sturridge is not going to play as a striker, it's clear. That ship has sailed.

@Tomo the worrying thing is Torres has actually had his chances and he has failed to score. How many times has he had a chance and we have all been at the edge of our seats and he has skied it. We can not just keep playing him hopping the Torres of old comes back because it ain't. Face it people we have been ripped off, 50 million pounds wow. Don't get me wrong i really hope you post this message and laugh at me if he does rediscover his form because nobody wants it more then me.