Fernando Torres

What people (mainly journalist's and scouse twats) dont realise is that despite the horrific pressure on his shoulders and his goal drought he is still playing with a SMILE on his face and im more than happy with the effort he is putting in (more so if you compare it to other team members).

The end of the day he might not have hit the ground running with us but ive seen more than enough to convince me he will be a class player for us for a good 5 years, thats how long weve signed the guy for not 5 months, when he starts scoring he wont stop and the scousers will be laughing on the other side of their faces.

What people (mainly journalist's and scouse twats) dont realise is that despite the horrific pressure on his shoulders and his goal drought he is still playing with a SMILE on his face and im more than happy with the effort he is putting in (more so if you compare it to other team members).

The end of the day he might not have hit the ground running with us but ive seen more than enough to convince me he will be a class player for us for a good 5 years, thats how long weve signed the guy for not 5 months, when he starts scoring he wont stop and the scousers will be laughing on the other side of their faces.

Well said. :)

Poor Nando, it's really not working for him this season. Hopefully, he won't play a single minute of football this summer, rest up, clear his head and comes back strong. Keep prancing El Nino.

So apparently Ray Wilkins said that Ancelotti did want Torres. Wonder how true it is? Guess there wouldn't any reason for Wilkins to lie about that. If that was the case, why has Ancelotti made such a hash of handling Torres?

I don't care what anyone says, the guy has looked fucking wank since he arrived, I saw it first hand tonight, (did he do anything), you have Drogba, best player for our last 3 games, so you play torres who is fucking woeful....Playing into Utd hands, it was an obvious outcome. I think this was a big mistake. Rather have sturridge any day. Tonight sturridge would have done 10X what Torres did. Fact. At least he would have tried.

People saying he's still playing with a smile on his face.....really? He looks like he doesn't wanna be here to me. His body language is off. As i say, since his arrival everyone cranking up saying hes going to notch each game is bullocks. He looks shit.

He will be a proper and quality signing after the summer break, ie from the start of the new campaing. I have no doubts about that. He was supposed to help us in the Champions League but he is not fully at the team. That will change though.

Thank the lord, Spain has declined the invitation to play in the Copa America this summer. Torres wouldn't have gotten much playing time anyway but still he would have trained with the team, spent over 3 weeks in S. America and missed the pre-season with Chelsea. First summer off since 2007!

I was going to type something witting or enlightening about Torres but I just can't be bothered. Its like watching a slow moving car wreck right now.

I have no idea what the future holds for Chelsea, Carlo, Torres, Drogba, et al. All I know is the man with the scruffy beard forked over 50 million pounds for Torres and even though he's rich as hell you don't fork over that amount of money and just give up on it.

The rest of the season - let Torres come on as a super sub with Yossi. Let Drogba start and continue to be the top dog. Then reassess after the season.

Anyone tired of this "next Sheva" label they're putting on Torres.

Firstly, Sheva wasn't bad, just not as incredible as his price might have suggested.

Secondly, how can you judge him now, if Torres is top goal scorer next season, nobody will say "Oh, what a player", no they'll just ignore it.

I'm behind him all the way!

Thank the lord, Spain has declined the invitation to play in the Copa America this summer. Torres wouldn't have gotten much playing time anyway but still he would have trained with the team, spent over 3 weeks in S. America and missed the pre-season with Chelsea. First summer off since 2007!

good news at last

Fernando Torres is way too good to be a flop, and he can't be called as one. The media and football fans love calling players flops if they don't perform as good as people would have expected them to. But next season he will regain his confidence and all what is needed to become the league's top scorer. The thing that worries me is that he has no confidence in himself atm, which is why the defenders aren't as scared of him as they used to be. He just needs that first bloody goal, then the pressure will ease, and he will start scoring for fun.

50 million for a young talented striker for the UP-COMING seasons ahead, and for the drive for success. He has the drive, hence why he came here, and he will be like a new player next season and will show doubters or the parasites what he can really do in a blue shirt! All hail the Torres!