Fernando Torres

Bottom line he needs the summer off to get away from the English media and football. The team is currently built to Drogba's strengths which is not the same as Torres' strengths. Are the changes made or not? That's the 50M question.

Ah you big thief, your avatar is brilliant :champions:

Thank YOU!

I love Torres and it makes me laugh. Too bad it's not a .gif with the pigtails swinging as he moves. That's the only thing missing.

He should have something in his hand too. A daisy, a wand or a purse.

Any talented photoshop people here?

He should have something in his hand too. A daisy, a wand or a purse.

Any talented photoshop people here?

Or a basket with flowers in it. I still have the Atletico avatar on my screen so I'm not seeing the new avatar. Will have to check on another computer.

If I was Fernando in this situation, I'd be sleeping over at the training ground, and be starting training earlier and ending training after everyone has left. Break off almost all communications, and spend every hour of every day in cobham.

Because he needs the extra training? Or to keep the world away?

This is the worst patch of Torres' career, there's no denying it. And right now it doesn't look like he can unlock it. But let's keep things in perspective, it's not the end of the world yet.

Rooney went 9 months, not 9 weeks, nine MONTHS without scoring from open play for either club or country. Trust me I was wondering why Ferguson and Capello stuck with him. Look at the situation now, Man U are still in it for 3 major trophies and Rooney is hitting top form. Luckily for Rooney, he takes penalties and he didn't have to endure the goal drought game count that Torres is going through. Not fair is it?

David Villa, Spain's greatest national team scorer, starting forward for the best team in the world and backed by midfielders/teammates who also support him on the Spanish team, has gone 9 games without a goal. He also doesn't get dropped and subbed the way Torres does either. People have noticed his drought but has he even received 1/10 of the criticism and scrutiny that Torres has gotten?

I'm not saying Torres' bad patch isn't worrying and frustrating but shit happens for strikers. The big difference between the three strikers is that the first two did and are backed emphatically by their managers and were/are being handled well. Ancelotti says nice things about Torres but then comes out questioning if it was a mistake to start Torres. Come on, even if it's true, you don't say that as a manager. It looks like Ancelotti likes Torres personally but his man management of Nando has been pretty poor.

EDITED

Balague again...is theorizing the boy was wrecked emotionally by the transfer and it's affecting his game.

Talksport interview

There might be something to this actually. At the very least, the brouhaha over his transfer has not helped one iota.

Because he needs the extra training? Or to keep the world away?

This is the worst patch of Torres' career, there's no denying it. And right now it doesn't look like he can unlock it. But let's keep things in perspective, it's not the end of the world yet.

Rooney went 9 months, not 9 weeks, nine MONTHS without scoring from open play for either club or country. Trust me I was wondering why Ferguson and Capello stuck with him. Look at the situation now, Man U are still in it for 3 major trophies and Rooney is hitting top form. Luckily for Rooney, he takes penalties and he didn't have to endure the goal drought game count that Torres is going through. Not fair is it?

David Villa, Spain's greatest national team scorer, starting forward for the best team in the world and backed by midfielders/teammates who also support him on the Spanish team, has gone 9 games without a goal. He also doesn't get dropped and subbed the way Torres does either. People have noticed his drought but has he even received 1/10 of the criticism and scrutiny that Torres has gotten?

I'm not saying Torres' bad patch isn't worrying and frustrating but shit happens for strikers. The big difference between the three strikers is that the first two did and are backed emphatically by their managers and were/are being handled well. Ancelotti says nice things about Torres but then comes out questioning if it was a mistake to start Torres. Come on, even if it's true, you don't say that as a manager. It looks like Ancelotti likes Torres personally but his man management of Nando has been pretty poor.

Think you're absolutely right. It's a horrible time for Fernando right now. Despite his best efforts, things are just not clicking for him and the scrutiny is horrendous. But like you said., Rooney went through an even worse run of form. Say what you will about Sir Alex, and I'm no fan of the guy, but he stuck by his striker through it all. Because he knew Rooney hadn't lost his skills or his quality at all. It was going to happen for him and in the meantime, Rooney got all the support in the world from his manager and his team. Carlo, despite his best intentions, has not helped with the constant substitutions. Yes, Torres is underperforming but this is the time for the manager to show full confidence in his striker.

Thank God for the summer break. Fernando needs time off, the first he's had in years, and a pre-season camp with the the team. I have absolutely no doubts he'll be a different player next season. But in the meantime, Carlo has to manage him better than he has been doing imo.

There might be something to this actually. At the very least, the brouhaha over his transfer has not helped one iota.

Think you're absolutely right. It's a horrible time for Fernando right now. Despite his best efforts, things are just not clicking for him and the scrutiny is horrendous. But like you said., Rooney went through an even worse run of form. Say what you will about Sir Alex, and I'm no fan of the guy, but he stuck by his striker through it all. Because he knew Rooney hadn't lost his skills or his quality at all. It was going to happen for him and in the meantime, Rooney got all the support in the world from his manager and his team. Carlo, despite his best intentions, has not helped with the constant substitutions. Yes, Torres is underperforming but this is the time for the manager to show full confidence in his striker.

Thank God for the summer break. Fernando needs time off, the first he's had in years, and a pre-season camp with the the team. I have absolutely no doubts he'll be a different player next season. But in the meantime, Carlo has to manage him better than he has been doing imo.

We have 4 home league games this season remaining - he needs to play 90 mins of all of those games as he is still loved at the bridge and the pressure is less.

Loved by all but one at the bridge <<<<<

I don't think we should be playing him, starting him over Drogba if Drogba is leaving in the summer.

All we can do though is stick by him and hope for the best. His signing so far has been a disaster but lets just hope that he is not finished...

Some say he's trying/pressing too hard and doing things he normally wouldn't do if he was confident. I have no idea myself and I'm sure he is tryng variations of everything to find the magic answer. It's a head scratcher.

How about two pigtails for the West Brom game?