Fernando Torres

Do you think the manager is showing confidence in him? Questioning publicly whether he should have started Torres against United. That makes it too easy to place the blame of the United losses on Torres' shoulders.

I THINK it's what should be done. Whether it's happening or not, ask Ancelotti.

Interesting stuff from Carlo in post-match interviews, saying Torres didn't have many chances because when he came on, we didn't play so well. He also said he'll play the next game.

It's so frustrating seeing the media focus on Nando every game. It's not like he's not getting the chances or hitting the target. We're all behind him as fans, regardless of what the media want us to think.

Interesting stuff from Carlo in post-match interviews, saying Torres didn't have many chances because when he came on, we didn't play so well. He also said he'll play the next game.

It's so frustrating seeing the media focus on Nando every game. It's not like he's not getting the chances or hitting the target. We're all behind him as fans, regardless of what the media want us to think.

Interesting stuff from Carlo in post-match interviews, saying Torres didn't have many chances because when he came on, we didn't play so well.

Where's the rest of the quote where Carlo said, "...due to the fact that I insist on playing Anelka, Drogba and Torres together"?

I will just be happy if he gets a full ninety minutes on the pitch. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think that's happened yet. For a striker that's low in confidence, being substituted at every turn most certainly does not help. I understand that with other players such as Drogba playing their way back to form, Torres cannot be an automatic starter. The team needs the goals, the points and therefore the striker on form should rightly start each game. But do think Ancelotti hasn't done a good enough job with Torres. Starting him against Liverpool was a massive mistake. He started off on the wrong foot and has never really recovered. Giving him ten minutes against easy sides when we were coasting was also a colossal blunder. Instead, Torres will probably play against a rival top team when the spotlight will be at its harshest. I don't understand how and why Ancelotti thinks this is the way to manage Fernando.

I will just be happy if he gets a full ninety minutes on the pitch. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think that's happened yet. For a striker that's low in confidence, being substituted at every turn most certainly does not help. I understand that with other players such as Drogba playing their way back to form, Torres cannot be an automatic starter. The team needs the goals, the points and therefore the striker on form should rightly start each game. But do think Ancelotti hasn't done a good enough job with Torres. Starting him against Liverpool was a massive mistake. He started off on the wrong foot and has never really recovered. Giving him ten minutes against easy sides when we were coasting was also a colossal blunder. Instead, Torres will probably play against a rival top team when the spotlight will be at its harshest. I don't understand how and why Ancelotti thinks this is the way to manage Fernando.

Yeah, hindsight between 20/20, Ancelotti's management and specifically his time management of Torres has been...hhmmm...assbackwards. Started him straight away. Held him out against the weaker sides and started him against the top teams. Now he's playing him less and in the very formations that don't help him. I'd rather Torres not start against West Ham and certainly not with Anelka.

Liverpool fans abusing Dani Pacheco (@dani37pacheco) on twitter for congratulating Torres for scoring. Dani has since removed the post. Posts left up said how much Torres helped him as a person and what a Spanish hero he was to him and he was happy for him and his family. Liverpool fans are morons.