Fernando Torres

Torres doesn't look great to me, either that or the team isn't up to his thought process...either way they are BOTH a problem. I'm not sure that can be fixed before next season. I'm not sure what we are going to get out of him if anything...I think i'd prefer Hernadez right now.

Torres doesn't look great to me, either that or the team isn't up to his thought process...either way they are BOTH a problem. I'm not sure that can be fixed before next season. I'm not sure what we are going to get out of him if anything...I think i'd prefer Hernadez right now.

I've been saying that for ages. Unless we change the way we play he will not score goals. He will not score with Malouda on the pitch and I don't think he will score this season....

Good things come to those who wait.

The thing with January transfers though...you kind of want and need an instant return eyebrows.gif.

I was slagging off Torres the other day and my bro said this - No point in hating him right now because in 2 or 3 years time, when Anelka, Drogba, Malouda, Lampard etc. are all gone, he will still be there winning games for us etc.

It was an interesting point for me to think about but waiting is so hard? No? I've got him down to score his only goal of the season with us vs Everton away to make us beat them for once at their ground blue%20scalf.gif.

I've been saying that for ages. Unless we change the way we play he will not score goals. He will not score with Malouda on the pitch and I don't think he will score this season....

Well with Rooney hitting form, we definitely have some problems ahead of Utd

People are expecting too much from Torres. In his first game, he was subbed in the 60th minute, he was subbed against Man City even though he was playing well and he didn't start in two games; against Copenhagen 2nd leg and against Stoke. I'm expecting Carlo to sub him early in the 2nd half if he starts against Manure, or even worse, leave him on the bench and give him the last 20 minutes of the game, then the saga will continue.

The same happened with Shevchenko. He was constantly either substituted too early or not given the full 90 minutes.

The support that Torres has from the fans despite his poor performances is outstanding. Really love how we haven't given up on him, he needs to get his act together at some point. I truly believe that he's gonna score in one of the games against United.

Well with Rooney hitting form, we definitely have some problems ahead of Utd

The Torres problem can be resolved easily for me and I hope the club do this at the end of the season....play him up front with Drogba, 2 years ago they were the best 2 strikers in the premier league....any club in the country would have wanted them as thier strike pair.....All we have to do is go 4-4-2 with Torres and Drogba up front with either Zhikov or Yossi on the left, it is simple. We paid £50 million for Torres and are not using him correctly. Malouda has to go in the summer.....

Watching that and his games for us, there isn't much of a difference in his play, only the service he's received.

When the team starts giving him something, Torres WILL be deadly.

We've had the luxury of Drogba, a player who does it himself, Torres is not that player but he is brilliant in his own ways, support must come.

Even Lamps has had chances to play him in and has gone it alone. Can't wait for Yossi.

He will come good and the goals will flow in time.

I am a Torres supporter from his Atletico days. I want to believe but I'm beginning to lose the faith that he will be personally successful this season with Chelsea. He will continue to work for the team to go as far as possible in the CL games and the drive for Top 4. I don't think he is on the same wavelength as the other forwards or midfield. I don't get it either because I don't think he is football stupid and I don't think the players around him are either, barr Malouda. I watch Torres with Chelsea and it's the way I feel watching him with the Spanish NT and their formation and style of play - a square trying to fit into a circle.

The best I hope for this season is he continues to work hard, continues to give the opponent's defense a player to watch/mark, hopefully his teammates can be freed up to make something happen for the team.

I would love to see Drogba and Torres work but I don't see it happening. I think they are too similar in the way they want to play and where they want to play on the field. I see Torres working better with Anelka or Kalou then Drogba. I know they haven't spent much time on the pitch together but do you see Carlo giving them that time? I don't. Instead I see Carlo continue to force Malouda on the pitch while everybody and their brother wonders WHY?????