The end of Robbie

I must say i do miss Robbie, what a passionate bloke he was.

The best moment of Robbie was when Torres scored that goal and ran at the end of the sideline with Eddie Newton like we had won the Champions League, what a great bloke.

Liverpool had there Dalglish, United had there Charlton, but we had our Di Matteo.

My favorite RDM moment was when Supa Frank scored that 30 yard bomb vs spudz, effectively putting that match away. Remember this?

rdm_en-1.gif

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite RDM moment was when Supa Frank scored that 30 yard bomb vs spudz, effectively putting that match away. Remember this?

rdm_en-1.gif

I remember when AVB got sacked after a loss against West Brom, it was one of the darkest moments we've ever had at Chelsea and even before Roman times, it looked like we where going downhill and it could only get worse.

Robbie first game in charge we beat Birmingham 3-1 i think, and that puts a bit of light into the dark time. And then against Napoli, when we won 4-1, that proved not only football is the best sport in the world, how much Di Matteo loved this club, he ran out to the players and almost strangled them with his hugging lmao, especially Torres (i need a gif for that one). It was like we already won the competition the way how he was, you can call AVB passionate but i just think he's an over excited tosser, however Di Matteo was just great.

And all i can say is not many people may of remembered this, but Di Matteo saved this club, had we of been trophyless that season we wouldn't of gotten all those players and financial fair play would've hit us and we would of had a lot more bad seasons. Despite the sacking he will always be one of the best legends if not the best legend this club has.

I remember when AVB got sacked after a loss against West Brom, it was one of the darkest moments we've ever had at Chelsea and even before Roman times, it looked like we where going downhill and it could only get worse.

Robbie first game in charge we beat Birmingham 3-1 i think, and that puts a bit of light into the dark time. And then against Napoli, when we won 4-1, that proved not only football is the best sport in the world, how much Di Matteo loved this club, he ran out to the players and almost strangled them with his hugging lmao, especially Torres (i need a gif for that one). It was like we already won the competition the way how he was, you can call AVB passionate but i just think he's an over excited tosser, however Di Matteo was just great.

And all i can say is not many people may of remembered this, but Di Matteo saved this club, had we of been trophyless that season we wouldn't of gotten all those players and financial fair play would've hit us and we would of had a lot more bad seasons. Despite the sacking he will always be one of the best legends if not the best legend this club has.

:worship:

Absolutely. Good post

And then against Napoli, when we won 4-1, that proved not only football is the best sport in the world, how much Di Matteo loved this club, he ran out to the players and almost strangled them with his hugging lmao, especially Torres (i need a gif for that one). It was like we already won the competition the way how he was, you can call AVB passionate but i just think he's an over excited tosser, however Di Matteo was just great.

I don't recall that, but I remember this:

DiMatteo-slip.gif

Look @ Mikel's expression. He was like WTF

I remember when AVB got sacked after a loss against West Brom, it was one of the darkest moments we've ever had at Chelsea and even before Roman times, it looked like we where going downhill and it could only get worse.Robbie first game in charge we beat Birmingham 3-1 i think, and that puts a bit of light into the dark time. And then against Napoli, when we won 4-1, that proved not only football is the best sport in the world, how much Di Matteo loved this club, he ran out to the players and almost strangled them with his hugging lmao, especially Torres (i need a gif for that one). It was like we already won the competition the way how he was, you can call AVB passionate but i just think he's an over excited tosser, however Di Matteo was just great.And all i can say is not many people may of remembered this, but Di Matteo saved this club, had we of been trophyless that season we wouldn't of gotten all those players and financial fair play would've hit us and we would of had a lot more bad seasons. Despite the sacking he will always be one of the best legends if not the best legend this club has.

Was 2-0 against birmingham, Robbie's first game in charge, proud to say i was there. His celebrations were as passionate as any die hard fan. I remember his first interview in charge he said "I love this club and it hurts me to see it in this position." The Champions league win was worth so much to this club, I wouldn't like to see the position we'd be in now if we had just finished 6th in the league last season. We certainly wouldn't have signed players like Hazard.

I don't recall that, but I remember this:

DiMatteo-slip.gif

Look @ Mikel's expression. He was like WTF

He styled that out like a boss haha!

Despite me strongly believing that he's not good enough to coach a very top club (I have zero reason to believe he can develop good players into great players, be innovative with tactics etc.), I miss him an awful lot.

Sometimes I wish we were a slightly smaller club again, but still challenging the top 4 - (like just before Roman came) so we could afford to not have 'the best coach in world' etc. at the helm.

This news/sacking made me sad, and till today still a bit sad.

Roman has now alienated a lot of fans, and the only way he will make it up is with bringing back the Special One.

After that, the club has to figure out plans into how to survive if Roman where to leave the club.

Roberto Di Matteo's stint at Chelsea has set him up for a succesful career.

He had the chance to pick up a CL medal, a chance he almost certainly would never have got elsewhere.

He has increased his legend status with the fans i doubt he is that far behind Zola and Ossie now if he is atall.

He got a massive pay off.

He will be aloud back at Stamford Bridge any time he likes, and will probably get the best seat in the house along with complimentary wine to go with it.

Napoli and Valencia want him as their manager, just over a year ago he was getting turned down by Birmingham City.

While the timing of his sacking was extremely harsh yes, to say the club treated him like shit is untrue, he would have given anything for a day in the Chelsea hotseat let alone 9 months the club gave him that chance and the chance to win the CL (which he took) not only that but because of this job there will be very good clubs around Europe willing to take a punt on him.

RDM is and always will be a Chelsea legend, we love him, the feeling's mutual, but to say he got treated like shit by the club is untrue, he got a chance he never thought he would get and has been given the platform for the hugely successful career i have no doubt he is now going to go on to have.

• 4 weeks later...

Its so hard to actually put into words how much Robbie Di Matteo did for us.

He took over when we were in a pretty bad place,on the verge of crashing out of the Champions League & not doing that great in the league.And he kinda saved us really.How much things changed with him at the helm was almost miraculous!

Robbie was an immense part of us becoming the Champions of Europe and he wont ever ever be forgotten.His name is in the history books,as a player and manager.

"The caretaker who took care of everything." ♥