Chelsea 0-0 Fulham

Jase

Man of the Match  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

i dont think our attack has taken a hit under benitez, it has been going down hill for sometime now. also i dont think he has "fixed" our defence. all he has done is made us more organized and "defensive" which is making us suffer our attack. for the past 2 matches we have not had a true chance which we did against juve,pool,wba in our last games under rdm. so people need to wake up from their sleep of benitez is "fixing" something.

we have not scored in the last 3 games.

against wba it was a header (lucky one) by hazard.

against liverpool a JT header from a corner.

against shakhtar we might have had 3 goals but the 1st one was a lucky torres goal, 2nd one was a magical oscar goal, and 3rd one from a corner again.

against swansea , moses from a corner.

so i dont think we have actually scored a goal from a proper attack. we have not built anythin. and unless we take out torres and our over reliance on MAZACAR, i truly yhink we are fucked.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

times have come when we are satisfied with a clean sheet in SB against a mid-table team who hasn't won with us on our ground in like 30 or 40 years... Rafalution, what a fantastic performance that was..

Not sure what you mean. Romeu, Oscar, Hazard and Bertrand, I'm not sure if this a squad to win PL or a u21 team.

Starting Bertrand ahead of Mata......

Starting with 2 holding mids against a side that will park the bus.......

We are drawing at home & what time does he bring an offensive player on? & why not take off an holding mid & bring on Moses earlier too?

Just priceless!

Poor team selection, poor tactics, poor substitutions or lack of & to top it all it was terrible to watch - welcome to the world of Mr defensive don't lose & play safe Benitez!

That said, some of our players need a rocket up their arse, Hazards form is on a par with Torres, Oscar not been much better either & dead ball situations are doing my nut, not just tonight but in so many games recently.

I'm all for shoring things up at the back a little but would prefer to watch an entertaining game & us win than that rubbish......well Roman sometimes its better the devil you know!

Not sure what you mean. Romeu, Oscar, Hazard and Bertrand, I'm not sure if this a squad to win PL or a u21 team.

he bought Azpilicueta, Hazard, Oscar and Moses. I doubt it was his decisions to cut out the horrendous bill and loan or sell squad players.

he bought Azpilicueta, Hazard, Oscar and Moses. I doubt it was his decisions to cut out the horrendous bill and loan or sell squad players.

He, you mean RDM?

lol

RDM didnt buy anyone mate. He never had that kind of power.

One nice thing about Benitez: for the first time some fans realized that getting only 1 point against Fulham at SB is terrible.

If the manager was RDM, people would say: it was a nice game, and one point is not that bad.

One nice thing about Benitez: for the first time some fans realized that getting only 1 point against Fulham at SB is terrible.

If the manager was RDM, people would say: it was a nice game, and one point is not that bad.

we drew fairly twice against Swansea and QPR, we were shity in that game but we were robbed vs Liverpool by that cunt Suarez. Now Rafa has two draws. If it wasn't for that Man U game we would be at the top. And if you're saying that Robbie didn't have the power to bring players (some said that they liked the idea the manager presented to them) why do you blame him for having a u-21 team?

This is actually worrying that we draw at home to a team full of many changes and who had lost their last 2 games. For a start it was a stupid, stupid decision to start Bertrand ahead of Mata. WTF? At least start Moses or Marin if you are going to replace him, especially when we are the home team and the ones who should be on the attack. Yes, Benitez sured up the defence but hello Benitez, we want goals here not your tactics that produce boring football. I thought City was a let off considering it was his first game in charge and maybe wanted to tighten things up but we were awful that game and City dominated, we should have lost but any Chelsea fan would have been disgusted with our first half performance last night. Fulham looked closer to scoring than us and that is what worries me. Tbh I think Abramovich has to learn the hard way sometimes and reflect that no manager is perfect. It is crazy to think that we have an interim manager who is not even going to be in charge next season, that is quite fucked up. Where is the stability? While RDM was on a poor run before he got sacked they were difficult games on paper, but he had the team's backing but going into this game who realistically on our team feels a total connection with Benitez, other than Torres and thus shows in performances. Abramovich mae the sacking at the wrong time and we continue to drop points. I hope Benitez manages to lift the team for the game on Saturday because I am starting to forget are winning ways.

Another thing that pisses me of with some of us who IMO are too hasty with their reviews. Any game Hazard seems not to score, people say he is playing awful. The guy is 21, he many not be as good as he was at the start but that is expected, he has years ahead of him and is adjusting to a new team and he still created a brilliant opportunity for Torres this match. He is still one of our most threatening players going forward. Also while many of us think Lampard is ageing with performances, this game and others shows how much we do miss him at times, especially when looking to create and score goals.

Also not to sound harsh but before people claim Benitez has fixed our defence, reconsider. Remember everyone said the same thing about Steve Bould when he apparently "solved Arsenal's defence" however they began to get caught out despite the clean sheets at the beginning of the season. Well same to Benitez. In both games he has been in charge, City on another day would have finished of, they dominated the game but just couldnt score and we got lucky. They had chances and same with Fulham who had loads of chances but missed a few and we got let of the hook. We have a long way to go to see if Benitez has fixed our defence.

As people will see I am hugely unimpressed with the performance and the result, shame how things have changed considering our brilliant start, just want to move on this game and hope we can get victory a against West Ham.

if it had been anyother manager be it pep... and we had lost the last 2 matches we would have said .. its transition period and just because its a manager we don't like now draws are unacceptable ?

the team's morale seems to be low for some reason or i am just having a jaundiced eye :P

lol robert fleck, i remember standing in the old shed end when he scored a hatrick against us, i said to my mate wish we brought him,

we did lol and he went and done a Torres.

92 I think, shit I was 12 depressed my self even more.

Two goals all season mate. And one of them was a penalty against the might of Walsall in the League Cup!

Yupieeee!!! We are getting the much needed clean sheets, only thing is it there at the back and the front at the same time ....

So organised defense which is one way of looking but in reality the credit goes to the opposition that they played badly, boring tactical football, no tooth in attack, starting a defensive winger at home when we have an array of offensive talent, not hearing the boos of the fans .... So what's next from the big fat waiter ...

The way we are going now, i m sure we mite not even qualify with the new proposed UEFA format of the Champions league next season .... Good job, Roman! Good Job!

Just one of the most aimless games of football I think I've ever witnessed. No leadership, no passion, it was surreal at times watching them move in slow motion. This was the type of night where we needed Terry or Lampard to remind a few of the players that they were representing Chelsea.

Two clean-sheets is good, but I doubt anyone at the ground felt secure. I was convinced Fulham were going to score in the last 10 minutes and they would've deserved the win because we certainly didn't deserve it.

Mata probably did need a break after Sunday (he looked knackered) but Bertrand wasn't the right choice at the start of the game and that was even more obvious at half-time. Moses must be getting 90 at West Ham because we certainly needed him tonight.

And West Ham becomes must-win. We got lucky with other results tonight (I'm excluding the Manchester clubs because we ain't winning the league this year) but we need a win.

Bah, excuses. What if Chelsea beat eveyone 5-0 without Mikel?

Mikel is a good player, a very good player but to say he is the most imporatant is insane. It seems there is no middle ground when it comes to Mikel, he is either the worst or best player on the team.

Obviously we don't have a "most important player", I was exaggerating to make a point just like you exaggerated calling my exaggeration insane because at times Mikel is our most important player in a certain match or spell in a match.