The Benitez Thread

CHOULO19

274 members have voted

1. 1. Rafa Out?

I know people are annoyed at RDM treatment, but how do you NICELY sack somebody?

The club have thanked him, haven't made any derogatory comments, all been civil?

Can't see how else it could have worked?

Don't say not sacking, as that's clearly not the answer...

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really??? I totally disagree w/ that sentiment. Look at the facts:

qUq4Z.jpg

Now compare Telly Tubby's stats to our previous gaffers under Mr. Abramovich

I00qt.jpg

What a joke of an excuse. Some of you on here are clouded by bias and hate. Rafa is a decent manager. You don't accomplish some of the things he has without being one over a long period of time like he has.

Are you really quoting his time at Inter as something poor? He took over in one of the worst times in the clubs history. No one could have done better.

His time at Liverpool was a great success if anything. That team went a lot further and better than it should have with the talent they had available. Now he has an even better team here at Cheslea, and hopefully he can give us a spark going forward, since we can't seem to finish anything in front of goal.

wont chill ...thats the fucking trouble ...Roman does what Roman wants ,,fuck what we think

He's great when signing players we want though?

That's the trouble, can never win - do you honestly believe he's doing it to hurt CFC or like me do you think he's trying to do what's best for the club?

I'm not saying you have to like it, just trying to understand your view...

sorry but i just cannot stand by Rafa i dont think hes a good manager at all (dont care if he won the cup in 05), and i just know in the back of my mind that Roman has got him in to get the best out of Torres, it will never happan the twat is past his best im sick of saying 'he will come good' the guy dont care about Chelsea let him go back to spain i would prefer Ross Turnbull to play up front would deffo make more of an effort.

i just dont get what people say to Roman to make him do these things.

Yes Robbie was not doing amazing over the last month but god give the guy to the end of the season at least, these snap calls are making us become a massive joke in my eyes

and to see we are going back in for Drogba i mean i love the bloke but fuck me thats taking 10 massive steps backwards

also all the players mostly Torres and Luiz need to look at themself big time. would not be sad if both of them pissed off in January

and cos of all this crap whats to say that on Jan or at the end of the season players like Mata and co go sod this there is to much changes all the time and want to leave the club

What we need to do is find a manager they want and FUCKING STICK BY HIM!!!!

i know most of you will have ago or what not but thats my views on it

Mini Rant Over

CAREFREE!!!

I know people are annoyed at RDM treatment, but how do you NICELY sack somebody?

The club have thanked him, haven't made any derogatory comments, all been civil?

Can't see how else it could have worked?

Don't say not sacking, as that's clearly not the answer...

We will never know how he was treated, we can only expeculate.

If Roman said he would give him a 2 year contract but RDM would have to keep convincing him, then Di Matteo knew what the terms were. If Roman said he was the man going foward, then he was mistreated.

We also dont know how today`s meeting was handled.

If Roaman sad he would give him a 2 year contract but RDM would have to keep convincing him, then Di Matteo knew what the terms were. If Roman said he was the man going foward, then he was mistreated.

Agreed but there has been no bashing by either side (yet)

I think RDM expected this...

Benitez isn't the best but he did well for Liverpool and they are shit - so could do well for us...

Well I am under the belief that Rafadyce did more damage than good for l'puke. I remember that he went through something like 70 players @ l'puke. Even Sir Red Nose agrees w/ me.

If Roaman sad he would give him a 2 year contract but RDM would have to keep convincing him, then Di Matteo knew what the terms were. If Roman said he was the man going foward, then he was mistreated.

we know Wilkins was sacked at half time during a reserve team game,,,,

Well I am under the belief that Rafadyce did more damage than good for l'puke. I remember that he went through something like 70 players @ l'puke. Even Sir Red Nose agrees w/ me.

Fair enough :)

SAF is hardly a credible source on Liverpool and the article is actually a DIG at Rafa and bigging up Roy Hodgson... :)

also all the players mostly Torres and Luiz need to look at themself big time. would not be sad if both of them pissed off in January

RDM should have dropped those that weren't performing, especially the two that you mentioned and we would have probably gotten more wins this month, and he'd still have a job.

Yea, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1221975/Rafa-Benitezs-229m-spending-spree-The-76-players-signed-Liverpool-managers-reign.html

Rafa went through 76 players. The majority of the players were bought for 2 - 6 million...but he spent 19 million on an average Robbie Keane, spent 20 million on an injury-prone Aquilani..and also spent close to 12 million on Babel, who didn't even want to join Liverpool in the first place.

Well here is an article from the Daily Fail. Maybe this will show rafadyce in a better light for you.

Some great signings and some good profits

Maybe Keane and Acquilani were bad, but CFC managers have bought some shite too!

Some good players he signed cheap and are still at Lpool and doing well

I don't think that's too bad, seeing as we have done that amount of money in a few years...

Also lots of free signings - good bargain hunting skills :)

The one positive Rafa will bring is he rotates more than Robbie.

still not convinced that this move was necessary now. the overall objective of the season was to get back in the top 4 right? why then, go out and sack di matteo barely 3 months into the season and replace him with Rafa Benitez who averaged 13 signings a season and drove Liverpool to the ground. If it was Pep coming in, it makes some sense atleast but he's still whiling his days away at New York.

We'll see how this plays out but I have to say, it would take One hell of a 6 months to make me accept Rafa

Yea, http://www.dailymail...gers-reign.html

Rafa went through 76 players. The majority of the players were bought for 2 - 6 million...but he spent 19 million on an average Robbie Keane, spent 20 million on an injury-prone Aquilani..and also spent close to 12 million on Babel, who didn't even want to join Liverpool in the first place.

We spent 18m on Lukaku, we spent much more on Wright Philips, we bought an injury-prone Marin.

Its easy to forget Benitez got players like Mascherano, Alonso, Agger and Torres. Not saying he is a superb manager, but at least he is decent. Its just ridiculous right now this kind of thing, I just hope we have a nice end of season.

Yea, http://www.dailymail...gers-reign.html

That list is incredible. The players he signed, only a small fraction of them went on to actually play for Liverpool consistently. Lucas, Agger, Reina, Johnson, Mascherano, Alonso, Torres, Kuyt etc. Also seen that Mikel San Jose of Atletic Bilbao played for Liverpool before... wtf!!

Was reading that list and found this..

Gary Stevens

Cost: Free (Ross County, August 2007)

Where is he now? Part of Liverpool's youth setup.

If anyone watches the SPL (highly doubt it) that is Gary Mackay-Stevens now playing for Dundee Utd... hes from Thurso, which is 25 minutes away from Wick :D.... he did some class skill thing was on Soccer AM, I'll post a video when I find it.