Jase

Man of the Match  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ramires has got only 6 votes for motm, i had thought he would be the unanimous choice today

A you serious? Why are all people here overrating Ramires? He is a good defender, but we need more, he can't make a simple pass. So MOTM? no way, never ever until he become like Fernandihno

I don't rate him higher than 5.5 - 6.

This is chelsea not a sub-top club, when need more than him. A regista like oscar or KDB in our double pivot

Why are all people here overrating Ramires?

people are not overrating ramires, u r underrating him. and its not even the question of how good rambo actually is (which i think - he is immensely good), but the point is how good he was today. i felt he rocked today. played brilliantly, was a good breaker, linked up well with the 3 upfront but unfortunately they could not do much and specially after mikel's sub i thought we might get a little overrun but he simply broke every attack that came our way.

not saying azpi dint have a great game but just think rambo was immense today.

u r underrating him.

Well may be you are right, but each time he wins the ball, he lost it right after. He seems unbrained and unskilled but he is a good defender, credit where it's due. But he is a CM, so we need some skills and brillant passes from him.

Well may be you are right, but each time he wins the ball, he lost it right after. He seems unbrained and unskilled but he is a good defender, credit where it's due. But he is a CM, so we need some skills and brillant passes from him.

very very harsh words... his skills lies in his energy and runs. the passing and all is where he is "supposed" to stay simple and simply give the ball to the people who are in the team to make those kinds of passes,

very very harsh words... his skills lies in his energy and runs. the passing and all is where he is "supposed" to stay simple and simply give the ball to the people who are in the team to make those kinds of passes,

Agree :)

The problem is our movement, or lack of it, which means we have to try world class passes all the time, no surprise they don't always come off..

Ramires is great bursting forward, but he needs a decent clear run from our forwards to play too - when that doesn't happen it's all going to fast and he ends up losing it, or trying ambitious said ball.

He's definitely better in the middle tho, please never on RW again :)

Agree :)

The problem is our movement, or lack of it, which means we have to try world class passes all the time, no surprise they don't always come off..

Ramires is great bursting forward, but he needs a decent clear run from our forwards to play too - when that doesn't happen it's all going to fast and he ends up losing it, or trying ambitious said ball.

He's definitely better in the middle tho, please never on RW again :)

It's not even the lack of movement, though Torres is generally extremely guilty of that. It's the fact that Mikel lacks the vision to see anything past the the next blue shirt along & Ramires' strength is in his physical assets rather than his passing. What we need is the playmaking partner for Ramires to complement his own abilities, the all-round distributor who can execute those world class passes to perfection & actually provide a long range threat to goal going forward.

& so once again I have to found myself left with the phrase that I have said more times in this single week than any other in my life - 'We need Frank'

One small thing bothers me a bit. We have taken just 2 points from 3 home games against Man United, Liverpool and Man City. Not ideal. Circumstances dictated the results but still slightly pissing off. Thankfully, we obtained 6 points away against Arsenal & Tottenham.

One small thing bothers me a bit. We have taken just 2 points from 3 home games against Man United, Liverpool and Man City. Not ideal. Circumstances dictated the results but still slightly pissing off. Thankfully, we obtained 6 points away against Arsenal & Tottenham.

we have lost only TWO PL games at home to Manclattenberg and away to Wba ,,teams currently 1st and 3rd ....

THIS is the FIRST positive post Ive made this week so don't fucking knock it :blue scalf:

People were asking for a clean sheet, today you had a clean shit.

That was a very good result. we started the game with Hazard and Oscar as starting XI. I have to remember that both are "players for the fufure". Not conceding silly goals is a good thing, after all.

Lets be honest, going back to the stats Leif posted about Benitez's Liverpool teams, they were very good at keeping clean sheets and conceding a low amount of goals. Jose's Chelsea was brilliant at keeping clean sheets. Imo to improve offensively we needed to improve defensively, Rafa said he wasn't satisfied with the offensive side of our game, he will improve that eventually, give the man time, that performance is the result of three training sessions. Our defence looked so much better so imagine after 6-8 more training sessions and more games, that back 4 could be brilliant together especially with the wingers dropping back to help out too.

couldn't agree more Ryan. there's only so much more you can achieve in his what 3 trainng sessions?

our offensive game was really bad, in the first half couldnt seem to cross half-way and City were just pushing us off the ball at will. the 'Trinity' didn't have that flair or understanding like we saw in that third goal vs Spurs where Mata got brilliant through ball from Hazard for his 2nd goal of the game. maybe their not forming enough triangles(passing options), and expecting too much individual brilliance idk right now, all i was focused on was the defense and boy did we hold on. Hopefully we can be more fundamentally sound in defense, and maybe even get more help from our trio in defense. because i'd rather nick games at the last then go into a full on offensive war which we have seen as of late we just can't win.

Could have gone either way, so it is a fair result. The ball just didn't want to cross any line whatsoever. Intense Match, great technical niveau but also many errors on both sides. Zabaleta shoudl have been sent off, cos he made three cynical fouls from behind but only got booked once. Rafa got his tactics right, but u can't deny a classy side like City all chances, esp with that amount of ricochets and deflections we saw today. Mazacar did not really set the world on fire today, which is quite sad. Since that stolen victory against Utd all has gone downhill, esp with Mazacar.

The thing that worries me is that MAZACAR is still without a goal against a top defence such as City and Juventus. Its not really their fault, but today they did not really create many clear cut chances. one problem is, they make it complicated, which does lead to a great team goal at times but it would probably yield more success, if they would play it more direct. Remember Mata and Oscar finding themselves within acres of space just at the edge of the box, both tryed to play the through ball but fucked it up. Yeah Torres could have made a run, but my first idea would always be to go for the shot. any old school attacking mid like Ballack, Lampard, Gerrard would have scored from there every other time.

Fact is, City could deny us easily most times, before we even had a chance of creating, cos our attack lacks pace and strength, whcih allowed City to tackle early. No idea if it is really necessary to have the same player three times. Barcelona and Real got the creativity in the middle and pace&trickery on the wings + some guys who can score, we only got a bit of all of these three fuckin times, but nothing to complement that. I would gladly trade one of our maestros for bale or sanchez who simply get past the defender every fuckin time without being bullied off the ball cos they are too fast, even though they are overrated twats, but they can run and shoot.

When Lamps returns, we will be fine.