The Thread is Dark and Full of Spoilers: "Game of Thrones" discussion

manpe

On 29/04/2019 at 11:20 AM, bakayokofan said:

Wow. And not a good wow.

Nonsense episode.

So let me get this straight -

1. You know that if you die, there is a decent chance that you get resurrected as a wight. But no counter measure taken.

2. Dothraki are your best fighters, so what do you do? Tell them to charge against zombies who massively outnumber them rather than defending the castle.

3. Arya can't get past a bunch of wights but suddenly jumps straight on to the night king.

4. Jamie, brienne, tyrion, Sansa, hound, Arya, bran, Sam, davos, Jon (lol just lol, he seems undieable at the moment) and literally any "big" character survives irrespective of actual fighting skills.

5. Vicerion is fucking up winterfell. Dany is fighting her ass off against the wights - nothing. Everything ends and she starts crying - drogon comes back. Comvinience. 

Seriously, just shit lazy writing. Even shittier direction. The show was great (season 1-5). Now it's just another high profile, big budget drama. 

They have been building up the "others" from episode 1. "Winter is coming", "winter is coming", "winter is fucking coming" and it lasted 1 freaking night. Wow.

For a split second I thouhht, things might take a good turn, specially when drogon burns the night's king only for him to smile back. I thought "maybe this is where they would show the "others" to be an intelligent race, not just mind numbing villains with no agenda. And with resistant to dragon fire, that means a targareyaen. Something , something which might surprise and make things interesting". But no, nothing.

Now we will have to go from "saving humanity and fighting for it" to "let's bitch each other about how my claim is greater than yours".

#rantover

The Night King was a First Man, from more than 6000 years before other groups of men (ie Andals and the Rhoynar) came to Westeros and 8000 years before the Targaryens conquered it, after the Doom destroyed Valarya.

There has to be a twist. What was Bran doing whilst Theon was fending of the Wights? He worged into a crow and flew of somewhere. That was a set up for a plot twist. Surely?

On 29/04/2019 at 0:20 PM, bakayokofan said:

Wow. And not a good wow.

Nonsense episode.

So let me get this straight -

1. You know that if you die, there is a decent chance that you get resurrected as a wight. But no counter measure taken.

2. Dothraki are your best fighters, so what do you do? Tell them to charge against zombies who massively outnumber them rather than defending the castle.

3. Arya can't get past a bunch of wights but suddenly jumps straight on to the night king.

4. Jamie, brienne, tyrion, Sansa, hound, Arya, bran, Sam, davos, Jon (lol just lol, he seems undieable at the moment) and literally any "big" character survives irrespective of actual fighting skills.

5. Vicerion is fucking up winterfell. Dany is fighting her ass off against the wights - nothing. Everything ends and she starts crying - drogon comes back. Comvinience. 

Seriously, just shit lazy writing. Even shittier direction. The show was great (season 1-5). Now it's just another high profile, big budget drama. 

They have been building up the "others" from episode 1. "Winter is coming", "winter is coming", "winter is fucking coming" and it lasted 1 freaking night. Wow.

For a split second I thouhht, things might take a good turn, specially when drogon burns the night's king only for him to smile back. I thought "maybe this is where they would show the "others" to be an intelligent race, not just mind numbing villains with no agenda. And with resistant to dragon fire, that means a targareyaen. Something , something which might surprise and make things interesting". But no, nothing.

Now we will have to go from "saving humanity and fighting for it" to "let's bitch each other about how my claim is greater than yours".

#rantover

1. What counter measures could they have taken? Somehow burn them all while fighting zombies?

2. Agreed, that was kinda dumb but made a good scene with the fading lights in distance showing newly found hope quickly dying. But what their actual plan was, I don't know.

3. She knew where Bran was, she knows this forrest well, so she probably found a hiding place and camped out until Night King appeared. She didn't need to go head-to-head with a bunch of zombies this time. It looked easy and I wish they would have shown how she did it, but it was a typical "last second save" scene (of which there were plenty in this episode) so showing that would have ruined it. But it was kinda obvious it was gonna be her, they never showed her after that epiphany scene with the fire lady so she was the only left who could do anything.

4. Have to agree it is ridiculous how Jon has survived all the odds in situations where any other side character would have been killed in seconds. Like the scene where Night King resurrects the dead and he's surrounded by fucking hundreds or thousands, give me a fucking break that he still has the stamina to fight them off as long as he did. But it's all fiction, so...

5. Don't understand what point exactly you're trying to make here.

The winter didn't last 1 night, what do you mean? It's still lasting and will last for a while longer. The first ~5-6 seasons were during the long summer, now it's the long winter. These are seasons.

11 hours ago, DDA said:

There has to be a twist. What was Bran doing whilst Theon was fending of the Wights? He worged into a crow and flew of somewhere. That was a set up for a plot twist. Surely?

I honestly don't think he was doing anything meaningful. I think he was merely using the birds to track Night King's movement, that's it.

Btw, I also thought the Night King was a Targaryen given that he can fly a dragon and survived dragon flame. I guess he was just a very salty and mute badass zombie. But I REALLY hope that they give him some more backstory in the next episodes, his character and his end left a really shallow feeling in the end.

27 minutes ago, manpe said:

1. What counter measures could they have taken? Somehow burn them all while fighting zombies?

2. Agreed, that was kinda dumb but made a good scene with the fading lights in distance showing newly found hope quickly dying. But what their actual plan was, I don't know.

3. She knew where Bran was, she knows this forrest well, so she probably found a hiding place and camped out until Night King appeared. She didn't need to go head-to-head with a bunch of zombies this time. It looked easy and I wish they would have shown how she did it, but it was a typical "last second save" scene (of which there were plenty in this episode) so showing that would have ruined it. But it was kinda obvious it was gonna be her, they never showed her after that epiphany scene with the fire lady so she was the only left who could do anything.

4. Have to agree it is ridiculous how Jon has survived all the odds in situations where any other side character would have been killed in seconds. Like the scene where Night King resurrects the dead and he's surrounded by fucking hundreds or thousands, give me a fucking break that he still has the stamina to fight them off as long as he did. But it's all fiction, so...

5. Don't understand what point exactly you're trying to make here.

The winter didn't last 1 night, what do you mean? It's still lasting and will last for a while longer. The first ~5-6 seasons were during the long summer, now it's the long winter. These are seasons.

I honestly don't think he was doing anything meaningful. I think he was merely using the birds to track Night King's movement, that's it.

Btw, I also thought the Night King was a Targaryen given that he can fly a dragon and survived dragon flame. I guess he was just a very salty and mute badass zombie. But I REALLY hope that they give him some more backstory in the next episodes, his character and his end left a really shallow feeling in the end.

1. I would definitely have had some counter measure. If I remember correctly Edd even says, "the last one standing burns the others". I mean is not it obvious. If you lose 10000 soldiers while killing 100,000 wights, what's the point? NK gained another 10,000 to his army. I don't know how that counter measure would and could have been, but given that they took 2 Yeats to show 7/8 episodes while spending millions, I sure as hell hoped they would have shown something truly spectacular. 

3. Fair point. Still feels a bit like a hasty moment.

5. Basically convenience. They wanted to show a moment of absolute despair. Ice dragon in winterfell creating havoc, NK upon bran, no way out yada yada yada. Given that 2 dragons and one massive werewolf is still alive, where were they. When everything ended, drogon popped up, he might as well have tried a bit harder to save his own mother and most of humanity.

26 minutes ago, bakayokofan said:

1. I would definitely have had some counter measure. If I remember correctly Edd even says, "the last one standing burns the others". I mean is not it obvious. If you lose 10000 soldiers while killing 100,000 wights, what's the point? NK gained another 10,000 to his army. I don't know how that counter measure would and could have been, but given that they took 2 Yeats to show 7/8 episodes while spending millions, I sure as hell hoped they would have shown something truly spectacular. 

3. Fair point. Still feels a bit like a hasty moment.

5. Basically convenience. They wanted to show a moment of absolute despair. Ice dragon in winterfell creating havoc, NK upon bran, no way out yada yada yada. Given that 2 dragons and one massive werewolf is still alive, where were they. When everything ended, drogon popped up, he might as well have tried a bit harder to save his own mother and most of humanity.

1. Dragons would have probably been the best bet to burn the corpses, yeah. But as the writers at the end of the episode explained, their whole plan was fucked the moment Dany got on her dragon too soon, so from there on they were all pretty much improvising. Maybe they had a plan, but couldn't execute it anymore. I don't know exactly what their plan was tbh, but their goal was to lure out the Night King somehow. Another thing is that other people were put into the crypt with a bunch of dead bodies lol... but I give them the benefit of doubt, they probably didn't know that people who died earlier or weren't close to Night King could be resurrected.

5. Yeah I don't know where the dragons were. One of them was fighting off zombies from itself, the other I don't know or don't remember what happened. Did it die? But without Dany and Jon guiding them, they were probably confused, tired and scared themselves and didn't know what to do. So once Drogon fended off the zombies and gathered its composure it came back looking for Dany. Werewolf I remember only in the beginning for a few seconds, I don't remember seeing it later. It would die quickly anyway in a fight with zombies, don't think it survived long (or was scared shitless and fled south lol).

1 hour ago, manpe said:

1. Dragons would have probably been the best bet to burn the corpses, yeah. But as the writers at the end of the episode explained, their whole plan was fucked the moment Dany got on her dragon too soon, so from there on they were all pretty much improvising. Maybe they had a plan, but couldn't execute it anymore. I don't know exactly what their plan was tbh, but their goal was to lure out the Night King somehow. Another thing is that other people were put into the crypt with a bunch of dead bodies lol... but I give them the benefit of doubt, they probably didn't know that people who died earlier or weren't close to Night King could be resurrected.

5. Yeah I don't know where the dragons were. One of them was fighting off zombies from itself, the other I don't know or don't remember what happened. Did it die? But without Dany and Jon guiding them, they were probably confused, tired and scared themselves and didn't know what to do. So once Drogon fended off the zombies and gathered its composure it came back looking for Dany. Werewolf I remember only in the beginning for a few seconds, I don't remember seeing it later. It would die quickly anyway in a fight with zombies, don't think it survived long (or was scared shitless and fled south lol).

The dire wolf is alive. There's a shot of him in the preview for ep 4. 

They just killed my favorite show. D & D destroyed Dany's character to make her look like the villain for no fucking reason. Spoilers basically confirm Jon will kill Dany in the last episode, he will go back to Castle Black to help the wildlings rebuild because of guilt and Bran takes the throne. One of the most ridiculous endings ever.

4 hours ago, Nicco said:

They just killed my favorite show. D & D destroyed Dany's character to make her look like the villain for no fucking reason. Spoilers basically confirm Jon will kill Dany in the last episode, he will go back to Castle Black to help the wildlings rebuild because of guilt and Bran takes the throne. One of the most ridiculous endings ever.

Bro, I know the title says this thread is full of spoilers but I was always of the thought that was for episodes already aired. Why the fuck would you start posting about endings in here. If thats what happens then fuck you very much.

1 hour ago, DDA said:

Bro, I know the title says this thread is full of spoilers but I was always of the thought that was for episodes already aired. Why the fuck would you start posting about endings in here. If thats what happens then fuck you very much.

Sorry, I saw people have been posting ending theories and since no one was minding the spoilers I posted what I saw on reddit here to vent some of my frustrations.

I heard D&D made multiple endings to avoid this so it might be a fake leak to fool the fans, I sure hope so because it sounds awful.

4 hours ago, Nicco said:

Sorry, I saw people have been posting ending theories and since no one was minding the spoilers I posted what I saw on reddit here to vent some of my frustrations.

I heard D&D made multiple endings to avoid this so it might be a fake leak to fool the fans, I sure hope so because it sounds awful.

Yea, I heard there are multiple endings too. I really hope it isn't what you said. That would top off what so far has been a pretty mediocre season.

Just watched ep 5

The story is just so ridiculous in season 8.

Like i'm sorry but Dany goes from being " i wanna free people from tyranny" to burning women and children in the fucking streets.

Like come on now.