The Thread is Dark and Full of Spoilers: "Game of Thrones" discussion

manpe

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, nachikethas said:

Wasnt impressed much with the latest episode. The best thing was the reunion between Jaime and Bran!

I think it was a decent start. The horror-cliche-style umber boy scene gave me goosebumps albeit i expected it. Happy to see Tormund survived too (classic case of plot armour, no way he should have survived the breach of the wall). All Samwell scenes where excellently played. The scripting of the dialogues (esp the Dany-Jon ones) was not as poor as season 7 but obviously not as good as the seasons before. 

btw my theory for how it all ends: Bran is the Night Kind obviously. Jamie kills Cersei. Cleganebowl is a draw, Arya finishes the mountain but spares the Hound. Danerys dies at childbirth, Kid is heir to throne but Tyrion, who gets resurrected by Melisandre at some point will rule for him. Jon dies too but no idea how. Bronn dies saving Jamie who dies saving Bran. Tormund and Brienne get their happy end, Grey Worm and Missandei not. 

On 4/16/2019 at 6:29 PM, Magic Lamps said:

btw my theory for how it all ends: Bran is the Night Kind obviously. Jamie kills Cersei. Cleganebowl is a draw, Arya finishes the mountain but spares the Hound. Danerys dies at childbirth, Kid is heir to throne but Tyrion, who gets resurrected by Melisandre at some point will rule for him. Jon dies too but no idea how. Bronn dies saving Jamie who dies saving Bran. Tormund and Brienne get their happy end, Grey Worm and Missandei not. 

Wow, that could be some ending! :D

2nd episode was great, lots of emotional scenes and a nice build up for the war that is on the way.

On 4/16/2019 at 6:29 PM, Magic Lamps said:

It's way too obvious if bran is the night king. Hope the writers don't go down that road.

Is not dany unable to have kids now?

4 hours ago, bakayokofan said:

It's way too obvious if bran is the night king. Hope the writers don't go down that road.

Is not dany unable to have kids now?

That witch was ambiguous if she can have children or not but I'm pretty sure Jon and Dany will have a baby, fits perfectly with the story.

Wow. And not a good wow.

Nonsense episode.

So let me get this straight -

1. You know that if you die, there is a decent chance that you get resurrected as a wight. But no counter measure taken.

2. Dothraki are your best fighters, so what do you do? Tell them to charge against zombies who massively outnumber them rather than defending the castle.

3. Arya can't get past a bunch of wights but suddenly jumps straight on to the night king.

4. Jamie, brienne, tyrion, Sansa, hound, Arya, bran, Sam, davos, Jon (lol just lol, he seems undieable at the moment) and literally any "big" character survives irrespective of actual fighting skills.

5. Vicerion is fucking up winterfell. Dany is fighting her ass off against the wights - nothing. Everything ends and she starts crying - drogon comes back. Comvinience. 

Seriously, just shit lazy writing. Even shittier direction. The show was great (season 1-5). Now it's just another high profile, big budget drama. 

They have been building up the "others" from episode 1. "Winter is coming", "winter is coming", "winter is fucking coming" and it lasted 1 freaking night. Wow.

For a split second I thouhht, things might take a good turn, specially when drogon burns the night's king only for him to smile back. I thought "maybe this is where they would show the "others" to be an intelligent race, not just mind numbing villains with no agenda. And with resistant to dragon fire, that means a targareyaen. Something , something which might surprise and make things interesting". But no, nothing.

Now we will have to go from "saving humanity and fighting for it" to "let's bitch each other about how my claim is greater than yours".

#rantover

14 hours ago, communicate said:

I thought the episode was a bit anticlimatic. Too easy

There will be a twist yet. Seemed too straight forward with Arya yeah but dont think its as simple as that. Was a decent enough episode.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

There will be a twist yet. Seemed too straight forward with Arya yeah but dont think its as simple as that. Was a decent enough episode.

Hopefully there is. I think we have been waiting for white walker to cross the wall since season 1 episode 1,to end them just like that sounds too easy. May as well just forget about them. 

The episode was way too dark for me. Can't see anything.

37 minutes ago, Weckerz said:

Why resurrect Jon Snow at all? That whole storyline is pointless now..

They really threw away the whole Azai prophesy. Jon resurrection among others make no sense, 7 seasons of building up just to die because of underestimating a child. We didn't even get the Night King's reasons nor at least explain the whole Brain shit, at least make the Night King say something, very disappointing, hopefully there is indeed more to it.

1 minute ago, Nicco said:

They really threw away the whole Azai prophesy. Jon resurrection among others make no sense, 7 seasons of building up just to die because of underestimating a child. We didn't even get the Night King's reasons nor at least explain the whole Brain shit, at least make the Night King say something, very disappointing, hopefully there is indeed more to it.

Without the books, the show has become a standard fantasy show. There is no longer fantastic story, it just drama after drama. 

The Dothraki charge was beautiful but pretty much pointless. The whole world know it will fail.

Btw Jon was a total failure in battle of bastard. I have no idea who appointed him to be the leader in humanity last war.

15 hours ago, bakayokofan said:

They have been building up the "others" from episode 1. "Winter is coming", "winter is coming", "winter is fucking coming" and it lasted 1 freaking night. Wow.

#rantover

This. Longest winter ** *** .