The Thread is Dark and Full of Spoilers: "Game of Thrones" discussion

manpe

Well, it's true that this season it feels like they are focusing more on special effects than coherency of the story. It felt rushed already last season and this is just continuing the trend. Sure there are cool scenes with nice effects, but it shouldn't be so prominent compared to making sense in the story. I still like the show, but expected so much more from the ending considering all the complicated and intriguing stuff that had happened in previous years. I hope they somewhat redeem themselves with the grande finale.

9 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

Don't know about others, but I am just pissed with the lack of story and motive on here. Dany turning "mad" did not surprise me one bit. They had tried to show dany going over to the dark side through out the season. Her treatment of varys should have been an indication of what was about to happen. But again, the character is behaving in a way it's made to behave rather than it's supposed to behave (if I am able to explain myself). Things are happening with such convenience. Arya can survive anything because she has plot armour, somehow within all the fire and chaos she now gets a horse. Tyrion suddenly has turned into one of the dumbest characters on the show. It's all just so stupid 

Even the way the whole dragon sequence was shown. I mean you know the danger, so why would only one of your ships have the scorpion bolts. They should have shown each of the ships having those bolts, coupled with a sneak attack by drogon and dany at night. Here drogon is seen burning through castle walls, while "that stone" which has providing shelter to jon in 2nd episode is still intact. 

If I wanted to watch cgi wars, I would rather watch endgame again and again or John wick this week, but that's not why we watch GoT. Everything right now is being done to "kill people off", just don't see the point.  will it be a surprise to anyone that jon kills dany? It's just predictable , rushed and stupid at the moment for me

The whole point of Daenerys vertically attacking the ships was to isolate them so only one was in range to shoot at a time from the angle. Every ship had scorpions and bolts but they can not shoot vertically. Drogon  is way  faster thean the other Dragons. Drogon is also faster than the bolts as the previous episodes showed. With Dany on it she can make him dodge the bolts easily.

With the Winterfell battle at night and no one could see shit, I understand they did the last battle at daylight.

Dragon fire is portrayed to be powerful enough to melt stone in the books consistently but yeah not in the series

Also the John Wick series was made especially to NOT feature much CGI. It is produced as an old-fashioned action movie but with modern day choreography, extras, high-speed cameras etc. that is what gives it such unique visuals

apart from that you are right. Danys character turn was way too rushed. One should have at least one scene were she was needlessly killing civilians to make her burning all of Kings Landing believable. Also even if her moment of snapping was kinda believable in the way that all the deaths were for nothing if they just surrendered that easily, her incredible relentlessness in burning the City was OTT.

You are also right about Tyrion. He has made like 5,6 huge blunders in a row. If I were Dany I had long lost faith in him. Especially with the ease she took Kings Landing, she could have done it straight away when she came there. and still had friends and allies, would have made fighting the Night king much easier as well. Tyrion really can not blame her for turning on him after he badly advised her all the time.

Arya surviving is indeed plot armor at its best. The white horse (symbol for death throughout the series, also looked pretty much like Harry Stricklands horse) will carry her to Dany but no way she will be able to the shows 2 most powerful characters. Dany will kill her and Jon then prolly kill Dany, go back to the nights watch and Sansa becomes queen

7 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

You are also right about Tyrion. He has made like 5,6 huge blunders in a row. If I were Dany I had long lost faith in him. Especially with the ease she took Kings Landing, she could have done it straight away when she came there. and still had friends and allies, would have made fighting the Night king much easier as well. Tyrion really can not blame her for turning on him after he badly advised her all the time.

I think the TV show make it too easy. At this point just forget logic, just enjoy the sight of dragon burning city, war and death people. 

36 minutes ago, communicate said:

I think the TV show make it too easy. At this point just forget logic, just enjoy the sight of dragon burning city, war and death people. 

Yup they do.

points out some of the bullshit writing like Eurons beaming, aim, and shipbuild superpowers , and the interview were benioff honeslty wanted to sell us that Dany forgot about the iron fleet . Since the show deviated from the books the writing has been atrocious

Btw since you can't really tell whether bran is a good guy or a bad guy or he is being controlled by some alien.  I don't know why you want him to be king.

The writer need to be fired. If they knew since the beginning that bran is going to be the king, they should develop his story more and gave him more personality. It just feel like 7 seasons go down the drain. 

Loved this show but the ending was mehhh to me. Still one of those shows that will go down as truly one of the most memorable in the history of TV series, definitely one that at some point in the future I will gladly rewatch with my children. 

But for me nothing beats 'The Wire'. So far.

GoT, The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, First season of True Detective, Band of brothers all memorable shows and special mention to Sherlock and Peaky Blinders and probably some others that I might forget in this moment. (Not counting the comedy stuff like Two and a half men, Friends, South Park etc etc) 

All remarcable TV series but for me 'The Wire' is in a league of its own. All the shows that I have mentioned, I waited for something to really blow my mind and surpass 'The Wire', but none has done so. Maybe I set the bar too high, but I know at some point there is going to be something better. 

Hated the ending. So disappointed with the last half of the last season, loved the rest of the 8 years. Epic series that really needed Martin to finish those last 2 books before they finished it though. Once they ran out of the original book material it went a wee bit wonky.

Oh, well, I cannot wait for the prequel series next year!

The Age of Heroes 10,000 years before the current series is supposedly the setting.

Bran the Builder, et al.

Might be two other spin-offs as well,

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Hahaha they completely TANKED it. [emoji23] I have no words, I laughed so much watching this. Most epic finale flop job ever! [emoji38] I was thinking I was watching a parody. [emoji1] I was hoping the ending would at least be something that can be discussed and analyzed, but this was just banter lololol [emoji3]

1/10 for story value

10/10 for comedy value

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, manpe said:

Hahaha they completely TANKED it. emoji23.png I have no words, I laughed so much watching this. Most epic finale flop job ever! emoji38.png I was thinking I was watching a parody. emoji1.png I was hoping the ending would at least be something that can be discussed and analyzed, but this was just banter lololol emoji3.png

1/10 for story value

10/10 for comedy value

It is like the 7 previous seasons mean absolutely nothing. 

I honestly don't really care even if they make Sam to be the king. It doesn't matter as long as it make sense. It is one thing to be predictable, it is another thing to make people do something because the script say so. 

It is like the 7 previous seasons mean absolutely nothing. 
I honestly don't really care even if they make Sam to be the king. It doesn't matter as long as it make sense. It is one thing to be predictable, it is another thing to make people do something because the script say so. 
Making sense is one thing, but the bad forced dialogues, the bad acting, the corny everything were also something else [emoji1787]

43 minutes ago, manpe said:

Making sense is one thing, but the bad forced dialogues, the bad acting, the corny everything were also something else emoji1787.png

I have pretty much given up on the show. 

Btw what is the point of Jon resurrection? 

If there is no meaning then resurrection is just bad plot tool. 

Unlike many, I liked this season prior to finale, but this was awful. The only way I can value it is as a comic relief, everything else was bad. 

Maybe it wasnt so bad ending in general, but given you waited 8 years to see what will happen with Jon, Dany and Cersei; this was a complete shite.

If Dany killed them all off and ruled alone with Drogon, it would make more sense than this shit. Jon goes from she is my queen at any cost to stabbing her in 5 seconds. Then he gets sent to the wall to make snowmen?

Knew Jon would kill Dany after he revealed his true identity to her few eps back, or she would kill him, either way predictable. Greyworm is a massive cunt too 🤣

Drogon melting the iron throne was also shite. All that build up regarding a throne, be it people wanting the throne for themselves or not wanting anything to do with it in previous seasons for a fucking dragon to melt it... great....

Wee Bran as king too, was always going to be him or Jon for me which became even more obvious after the Nightking didnt skewer him but other than that didnt think the 8th season was all that bad, bit predictable but they had less episodes and a lot to cram in. Still much better show in the previous seasons.

A prequel from upto to 10000 years before is apparently in the works.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/6/2019 at 7:04 AM, Nicco said:

They just killed my favorite show. D & D destroyed Dany's character to make her look like the villain for no fucking reason. Spoilers basically confirm Jon will kill Dany in the last episode, he will go back to Castle Black to help the wildlings rebuild because of guilt and Bran takes the throne. One of the most ridiculous endings ever.

Seems like this is theory was right.