Thiago Alcantara

OneMoSalah

No, isn't any need for this lad at all, same as Isco. Spend the money elsewhere please.

Terrible post and you should be banned for it as well.

He's a complete midfielder and would be the answer to all our problems in midfield. He's better than Gundogan, Modric, Schweinsteiger and co.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's incredible. If either Xavi or Iniesta didn't exist he'd be worth £40m starting games for Barcelona regularly. It's almost scary how he can go from dictating tempo like an Xavi or Pirlo to running forward and scoring/assisting like Iniesta or Mata. He's a beast.

No more Nr 10's, Please!

In what way is he a #10? He's an 8 like Gerrard, Scholes or Lampard.

It's not as if he's a defensive liability like Mata either. He's just as hardworking as Wilshere, Gundogan and Ramsey who play in a similar role.

Pair him with someone who dominates aerially and wins a shitload of challenges like Sandro, Lucas, Ramires, Javi Martinez etc and we're easily the best team in the country.

He's an 8 like Gerrard, Scholes or Lampard.

He's as hardworking as Wilshere, Gundogan and Ramsey who play in a similar role are.

like Sandro, Lucas, Ramires, Javi Martinez etc

Wow he must be class.....Can he fly kites and make people out of play doh too?

If Hazard was groomed to be a central playmaker this is basically the player he'd be I feel:

How the argument "WE HAVE TOO MANY PLAYERS IN THAT POSITION!" is still valid is beyond me. We can barely play without Mata on the pitch and we get dominated by relegation contenders without him even with Hazard filling in for him (which then leaves a void on the wing which Moses can't really fill, or Marin for that matter). At a top club you need proper depth. It'll probably be argued he's not a pure #10 anyway! He's more than capable at excelling in the role but his natural position is a deeper one. Y'know, the position we've been crying out for a player to fill? Give him time and the proper coach and you have the next Xabi Alonso.

Ozil/Kaka/Modric

Silva/Nasri/Isco (potentially)/Navas (potentially; and yes I know he's a winger but he will play more central at City if he moves.)

Muller/Kroos/Shaqiri/Gotze

Kagawa/Rooney/Potentially this man Thiago himself

All of those are better than having Mata/Oscar contending for the central role, unless you include Hazard as I did with Shaqiri, Navas and Muller.

You're only as good as your bench.

Why exactly should we not replace Benayoun with Thiago, eh?

(I haven't counted De Bruyne as I believe if he comes back he'll be used out right almost exclusively.)

Having the following all able to play central - Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Thiago, De Bruyne is frightening.

Then if you consider Hazard being out left and De Bruyne being out right while Mata starts central, you get to choose between Oscar/Thiago coming off the bench, rotating games or even displacing Mata if they earn their place. Right now if Oscar gets injured we're absolutely fucked for depth.

Mata won't be this age forever too. Seasons go by quickly. One day when he's ready to be moved on or is sitting on the bench, we'd have his country compatriot Thiago then doing the job or our current gem Oscar. But what if Oscar doesn't realise his potential? Thiago is then our undisputed #10 and we look back fondly on the transfer.

Would be a great buy he is not a number 10 and all people saying that just dont watch him enough.. He is a 8 or a 6 an would be a class player in our pivot with a strong player.. BUT i believe in josh so i dont want him!

He is one of the players i like the most that dont play for chelsea and I have been watching the barca games that he has played! And I also read various stuff that pep wanted him to be the next xavi!

172cm no thanks. he is a great young midfielder but we would benefit more from one in the mold of pogba.

He would be a player to pair with a player like pogba/mikel/romeu! But i get your point we need a player like pogba more than him!

He is a fantastic player, technically for me, better than Xavi.And talk about 172 cm is not very clever, Scholes was the best midfielder for twenty years and he does not need to be Peter Crouch to succed, and Thiago remembers me of Paul.

World class stuff...It's why he is on the bench, found his feet at youth level and will end up playing in the Israeli league or Championship.

Hi ! dont insult the Israeli league!

thats my job. :Goober:

He is a fantastic player, technically for me, better than Xavi.And talk about 172 cm is not very clever, Scholes was the best midfielder for twenty years and he does not need to be Peter Crouch to succed, and Thiago remembers me of Paul.

So can KDB not become that? Can Lukaku not become our Falcao or Cavani etc?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You