Chelsea 5-4 Manchester United (AET)

Jase

Man Of The Match  

179 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

I wasn't on here last night and I just went through the live match thread. I must say I'm a bit surprised by some reactions here. The mistakes at the back aside, I thought we did very well in the match. We completely dominated the midfield even before we brought on Oscar, Hazard and Rami. Our youngsters put in a good shift, mostly, but mistakes were always on the cards when you played an inexperienced team.

Overall, the fashion in which we won makes all the more sweeter as well as seeing SAF's rose redder than usual :lol:But as I said before the match, this is not revenge; revenge will be on May 3rd at old toilet.

KTBFFH

i can't see us winning, they'll get special decisions from the referee and linesmen.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Luiz's role is to harass the striker, whilst JT/Cahill sit back. Of course he'll have more interceptions, foul more and be dribbled around more times. It's what's being asked of him.

my point is that we can't vilify cahill and defend luiz, especially not after a game where cahill was solid throughout and luiz made quite a few errors

i can't see us winning, they'll get special decisions from the referee and linesmen.

I think RDM needs to come out before the match and make a big deal about the decisions changing the results against utd. It's not exactly classy, but it has been working for big nose since forever.

my point is that we can't vilify cahill and defend luiz, especially not after a game where cahill was solid throughout and luiz made quite a few errors

And vice-versa. I don't think anyone was vilifying Cahill for yesterday, more about Sunday. Some of the Luiz criticism is over the top as usual, besides apart from the first half Luiz was actually very solid. From second half onwards you won't find him making the silly mistakes he committed in the first.

If Luiz had put in the performance Cahill did on Sunday he would've been destroyed even more - Cahill for me was at fault for United's second and Ivanovic's sending off.

To me these games have just reaffirmed how important JT is to our organisation in defence.

You guys whining about luiz and other shit when we won the game is fucking pathetic, how about enjoying the win and the fact that we knocked Utd out...

FYI, Cahill DID play shit defensively on sunday, if you can't see that then you're fucking blind. WE ARE GROWING AS A TEAM AND CHANGING TACTICS EVERY GAME, MISTAKES WILL HAPPEN!!!

Revenge is a dish best served cold B)

Really great score but the performance wasn't up to the mark. Piazon and Romeu definitely shouldn't have started. I still can't understand what harm would have occurred if Hazard and Oscar were present in the starting XI :blink:

Moving on, I have honestly forgotten how does a bad defense tastes like since RDM kicked in. For a while I thought we were once again stuck in AVB's tenure. Thank god it got a little better later on! But then again we should not have conceded 4 goals (well 3 to be more precise) against a reserves team.

The victory is always good to experience :getin: KTBFFH! :blue scalf:

]

I still can't understand what harm would have occurred if Hazard and Oscar were present in the starting XI :blink:

At some point, all players need to rest. We're going to play 60+ games this season. Last season, Mata started 48 games and was exhausted by the end of the year. If you're not going to sit players for this match, what matches are you going to sit them in? Also, if Oscar and Hazard start, Moses doesn't get a chance to earn more playing time. It was the right starting lineup from RDM. I think next round he'll go even more to the bench. Beating United was important.

lmao you're going to compare your work to a professional sports career? Terrible analogy.

They train every day. Sometimes twice. So how is it our striker, who has been fit for at least 2 weeks, cant do the basics in football. Sturridge and Torres both suck. End of.

And vice-versa. I don't think anyone was vilifying Cahill for yesterday, more about Sunday. Some of the Luiz criticism is over the top as usual, besides apart from the first half Luiz was actually very solid. From second half onwards you won't find him making the silly mistakes he committed in the first.

If Luiz had put in the performance Cahill did on Sunday he would've been destroyed even more - Cahill for me was at fault for United's second and Ivanovic's sending off.

To me these games have just reaffirmed how important JT is to our organisation in defence.

So you can blame the defenders, but when it comes to your beloved Sturridge he isnt to blame. He could have scored atleast 5 goals yesterday....yet Cahill makes one mistake and you talk about it.

They train every day. Sometimes twice. So how is it our striker, who has been fit for at least 2 weeks, cant do the basics in football. Sturridge and Torres both suck. End of.

It's not his fitness that's the problem, he played 120 minutes. It was his sharpness. There's a big difference.

I'm not sure if you'll agree with me but when Moses is playing the team just seems to flow a lot more smoothly. Moses is a natural wide outlet for the team, much like Antonio Valencia is for ManUtd. Dragging fullbacks outwide, running behind fullbacks, crossing the ball, harassing fullbacks with aggressive pressing are just a few of the tactical options Moses brings to the team. He isn't the most productive playing terms of assists and goals but he does bring attributes that Hazard, Mata and Oscar lack. With HMO essentially three 10s are playing and while they are completely different players in terms of style and ability they are in the same 'mold'. With Moses two 10s and one winger is played giving slightly more variety to the attack.

Moses is quite an interesting player, I don't believe he is capable of playing through the middle like Hazard, Mata and Oscar but he seems to be able to play with ease on both wings which is boon for tactical sake. But including Moses into the starting XI raises a dilemma: who is dropped? I can't in all honestly create any reasons why Hazard, Mata or Oscar should be dropped, it's just not in the realm of sanity.

I'd try to elaborate my points further but my right hand is really starting to cramp.

It's true, in the current system having two central midfielders makes some sense. However, I think we need to move long-term to add a winger to the front three. I can see Moses being that guy. Right now, we are too predictable in our attack and it is only through the incredible skill of Mata, Oscar, and Hazard that the system is able to work. Long term, against top teams, we'll need to be better tactically. My preference would be to move Oscar back into the double pivot. I understand why some would be reluctant to do that because it would take away some of Oscar's game, but I also think it takes advantage of him and is great for the team. There is such an unbelievable dearth of regista-type players in football today. Who's the best one in the Premier league? Arteta? Scholes? How many top ones are there in world football? Pirlo, Xavi, Alonso,and then?? It's a very tough spot to fill. To be able to take a guy and say "here is our midfield general for the next decade" would be incredible and provide long-term stability to the team.

BTW, your post is what I like about the forum. People who I disagree with, who provide alternate viewpoints intelligently and without hatred seething from every line. Informed debate is just the best.

Tactical wise, you guys are more than right.

Like Spike said, I have no fucking idea whom to becnh. To be honest, at this moment in time, our Trinity has better quality than Moses. He definetly is a must type of player in any squad. What could be done is RDM subbing him in quicker, so ha can play 30-45 min, if the team isnt going well.

I really, really do not want to bench neither Oscar, Mata nor Hazard. I honestly belive they are in another level...

Sometime in the future, i can see this lineup. Cech, Azi, Luiz (Chabolah), Cahil (Another CB), Bertrand, Mikel, Oscar, Moses, Mata, Hazard, Falcao(?).

So you can blame the defenders, but when it comes to your beloved Sturridge he isnt to blame. He could have scored atleast 5 goals yesterday....yet Cahill makes one mistake and you talk about it.

There's a difference between pointing out a mistake of a player and saying a player is shit. Grow up.

Dude - Danny said himself 'Training is not like a real game'

It's called Match Fitness - EVERY player in the world suffers from a dip in form when they have been out injured.

Example, go play pool on your own, easy to play brilliant shots and own the table, now jump into a professional game - it's not the same!

I normally agree with your views, but really think you are being a bit harsh on him, give him at least 4-5 games, full 90 minutes.

Worst case, you can tell me: Told You

Best case: Danny proves he has a future at CFC

I agree we still need a big-game Striker (see my posts on Falcao)

Whatever anybody says about Danny, at least the guy gives 100% and is not scared to keep getting the ball even after horrendous efforts on goal :)