Chelsea 5-4 Manchester United (AET)

Jase

Man Of The Match  

179 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

Honestly we need a striker. Torres and Sturridge just arent good enough. We wont win the league because we just arent clinical enough. We had over 20 attempts on goal. And Sturridge was woeful. Tripping over his own feet and shooting from the byline. Idiot.

As much as Sturridge was average last night, there's no need to call him an idiot.

No doubt that some of his decision making was still poor but think some people need to remember that Sturridge has been out injured for awhile and hasn't been playing in this new team of ours. He needs time to get back into full flow and understand his teammates. Cut him some slack for goodness sake.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as Sturridge was average last night, there's no need to call him an idiot.

No doubt that some of his decision making was still poor but think some people need to remember that Sturridge has been out injured for awhile and hasn't been playing in this new team of ours. He needs time to get back into full flow and understand his teammates. Cut him some slack for goodness sake.

Im sorry why should I cut him slake? When Im off sick from work, I dont return and fuck everything up. Same goes for him. He struggled doing the simplest things yesterday.

Sturridge was selfish at times, but he held the ball a lot better than torres. I learnt he completed 50/56 of his passes.

Its a relief to have a match where our opponents are not guaranteed a counter attack everytime the striker touches the ball.

Sturridge needs to improve his decision making, maybe he can take shots and be a little stingy during build up play but should have more teamwork at counters, hazard is a perfect example.

Moses was a beast

Azpicueta was very good defending, it was so difficult beating him on a one on one, or even crossing from his flank. He also seems to like crossing, that's good. I like a player that the rest of the team knows what they get from him and understand well.

Luiz scares me everytime he is on the ball, a tickin time bomb.

(Ramires-oscar) was nice to see, oscar played like scholes for us. It would be marvelous if we can turn him into a pirlo type player.

Ramires is a beast.

Mata was tired.

Hazard's assist was even better than the one he gave mata against tottenham. Loved his celebration.

Piazon was lost, never involved.

Thank goodness we won.

This line up would be worth tryin against a small team

Azpi cahill terry cole

Oscar Ramires

Moses mata hazard

Torres

Let's be honest. We could have smashed these cunts by 4 or 5 goals. Outplayed them again. They should have had 2 players sent off (Which we would no doubt capitalise on goals wise), we should have had an earlier penalty for handball, Luiz and Hazard hit the post plus the Azpilicueta chance, the Sturridge one and especially Moses' chance right in front of goal.

The scoreline is deceiving, we outplayed them, even though it wasn't their first 11, it wasn't ours either untill late on and even then 3 players were missing.

What has been proven, is that when United's best player (The Referee) doesn't show up, we are definitely the better side.

Sturridge was selfish at times, but he held the ball a lot better than torres. I learnt he completed 50/56 of his passes.

Its a relief to have a match where our opponents are not guaranteed a counter attack everytime the striker touches the ball.

Sturridge needs to improve his decision making, maybe he can take shots and be a little stingy during build up play but should have more teamwork at counters, hazard is a perfect example.

Moses was a beast

Azpicueta was very good defending, it was so difficult beating him on a one on one, or even crossing from his flank. He also seems to like crossing, that's good. I like a player that the rest of the team knows what they get from him and understand well.

Luiz scares me everytime he is on the ball, a tickin time bomb.

(Ramires-oscar) was nice to see, oscar played like scholes for us. It would be marvelous if we can turn him into a pirlo type player.

Ramires is a beast.

Mata was tired.

Hazard's assist was even better than the one he gave mata against tottenham. Loved his celebration.

Piazon was lost, never involved.

Thank goodness we won.

This line up would be worth tryin against a small team

Azpi cahill terry cole

Oscar Ramires

Moses mata hazard

Torres

Im sorry why should I cut him slake? When Im off sick from work, I dont return and fuck everything up. Same goes for him. He struggled doing the simplest things yesterday.

Are you seriously comparing a sickness problem with a physical injury? It's a different situation altogether! :doh:

And you think he really wanted to mess everything up? Even he admitted himself after the game that he needs to be sharper!

lmao you're going to compare your work to a professional sports career? Terrible analogy.

I wasn't on here last night and I just went through the live match thread. I must say I'm a bit surprised by some reactions here. The mistakes at the back aside, I thought we did very well in the match. We completely dominated the midfield even before we brought on Oscar, Hazard and Rami. Our youngsters put in a good shift, mostly, but mistakes were always on the cards when you played an inexperienced team.

Overall, the fashion in which we won makes all the more sweeter as well as seeing SAF's rose redder than usual :lol: But as I said before the match, this is not revenge; revenge will be on May 3rd at old toilet.

KTBFFH

nah. i am not saying cahill is very good either. but there is no excuse to criticising cahill AND defending luiz. and just to clarify, decision making is pretty obvious but tackling - my basic criteria is the large number of mistimed tackles by luiz. also, if u looked at the game last night, cahill was excellent in tackling while luiz conceded lot of fouls and got a yellow card as well late on.

"Not the first time you try to make your opinion look like a fact" - let's just say its the kettle calling the pot black. anyway, agree to disagree.

edit - Fouls this season - Luiz - 10; Cahill - 2

no. of times dribbled by opposing player - Luiz - 5; Cahill - 1

but luiz interceptions are much higher - 16 to cahill's 5. that shows the difference b/w the two

Luiz has played 8 games while Cahill has played 6

Well, Luiz's role is to harass the striker, whilst JT/Cahill sit back. Of course he'll have more interceptions, foul more and be dribbled around more times. It's what's being asked of him.

Go watch the game again and tell me he struggled to do basic things again.

Unbelievable the bullsh*t people actually come up with.

Danny's dance moves are horrible. :lol:

A shame I couldn't watch the game properly because my ISP failed me and I could only use the internet connection I have for my iPad which is slow as fuck. I managed to get some laggy stream up and running but the quality wasn't good. A great win anyway, even though I would have preferred to win before extra time. Now Mata and a couple of other important first team players had to play the full 120 minutes and that's definitely not good but at the moment it's the victory that matters. :blue scalf: