Chelsea 5-4 Manchester United (AET)

Jase

Man Of The Match  

179 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

Hazard on another planet.

Great Oscar

Good Moses

Mata a real poor performance. I don't know why you are overrating his game. He gave one assist on a corner, ok and for the rest, he was not on the pitch

What!? i thought he was our best player, he was fucking brilliant.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mata was good enough, obviously not as good as in the last United match but completely ok performance.

Romeu, Azpilicueta, Piazon and Sturridge on the other hand had a real poor game, especially Romeu was sadly just a disaster pretty much each time he had the ball. Sturridge also despite the goal shows why even Torres starts over him, Azpilicueta had two huge chances and gave away a completely unnecessary penalty.

Hazard was just amazing when he came on and Ramires and Oscar were also great. In the end it's the victory that counts and not losing 3 games in a row, but there was definitively some players that needs to do a lot better.

And guys open your eyes, Luiz is not good enough, he was awful again tonight, so many mistakes., when is he going to learn?

Also Sturridge was poor tonight, i don't care if he's not 100 percent fit, why is he still so fucking selfish?

As i stated earlier, that January transfer period when we bought Torres and Luiz was a total disaster.. we bought a striker who cant score, and a defender who cant defend... fucking great.

Sorry to be so downbeat, we won and i'm happy (even if it's against man united's second string team), but if we want to win the PL we have to sort this out.

I agree, but we need someone who knows when to pass, not shoot every fucking minute.

Go watch the game again, there's only one real selfish moment from Sturridge, apart from that I can't see what else you're trying to complain about. People need to lay off him, it's his first start all season and he had a decent game where he scored with a tidy finish, nearly had an assist as well. Caused havoc with his pace upfront. He's not as sharp as he could be obviously due to lack of game time but that was a decent outing by Sturridge.

Mate, you did something really wrong. You have placed only 12 Chelsea Players and dived it by 14 (to get 19.9). You forgot Bertrand and Romeu.

The right average is 23.07

But still, our average age is lower and they are going on about how they played their kids... we played our kids two, it just so happens that ours are fucking amazing... :)

I am pleased with the result, but not satisfied with the game in general. It shouldn't have gone to extra time, United were playing a championship team at best yet we still struggled. Our only real reserve player was Piazon, who only played half of the game. Put it this way, our squad would challenge for top 4 in the league, United's team would fight for lower-middle places if not relegation.

I don't like that Mata had to play 130 minutes, I don't like how we conceded our goals. Oh well, I'm not trying to bring the mood down, I'm just pointing out that despite the good result the road to getting that result was far from ideal. I don't know how much our defence can hold on like this, we played our current strongest central pairing and goalkeeper yet they still let in stupid mistakes. Maybe it was tired legs from 3 days before and/or lack of concentration, I don't know, but it mustn't happen in the league or Champions League.

I still didn't see that anywhere near to being a revenge. The real thing will take place at Old Toilet.

Anyway, onwards and upwards :blue scalf:

I really think now we should start to make cahill first choice CB to play with JT then David Luiz can be a great sub who is a very useful defender and can also make an impact when needed off the bench. He does provide some pace which is useful and has been better this season than last but as we saw tonight he is still a liability and whilst against smaller teams it may not show against the bigger teams it does. Hopefully he will work on that side of his game and improve and be challenging for his spot back but GC looks like the way to go for now at least (after Swansea game of course cos of JT's suspension)...

I am pleased with the result, but not satisfied with the game in general. It shouldn't have gone to extra time, United were playing a championship team at best yet we still struggled. Our only real reserve player was Piazon, who only played half of the game. Put it this way, our squad would challenge for top 4 in the league, United's team would fight for lower-middle places if not relegation.

I don't like that Mata had to play 130 minutes, I don't like how we conceded our goals. Oh well, I'm not trying to bring the mood down, I'm just pointing out that despite the good result the road to getting that result was far from ideal. I don't know how much our defence can hold on like this, we played our current strongest central pairing and goalkeeper yet they still let in stupid mistakes. Maybe it was tired legs from 3 days before and/or lack of concentration, I don't know, but it mustn't happen in the league or Champions League.

I still didn't see that anywhere near to being a revenge. The real thing will take place at Old Toilet.

Anyway, onwards and upwards :blue scalf:

It only went to ET because of pretty stupid mistakes, their first 2 goals should have never happened. Even the commentators were saying, "Chelsea will not believe how they're down in this game" it also didn't help we kept missing chances, but some of those players had not played in a while so can't really blame them.

In the end they all gave it their all and made sure we didn't lose 2 in a row to Man utd, and for that alone, i'm happy.

Also championship team is pretty harsh on the United 11, except from the defenders, that team could challenge for a Europa League place. Just look at their strikers alone, certainly better than what most teams have.

Oscar playing in the double pivot today shows that when we are chasing a game, we can take off Mikel, bring on Moses/Marin and drop Oscar back to the pivot.

--Ramires--Oscar--

Moses-Mata-Hazard

Incredible attacking midfield.

Yeah, we were really dangerous once we went to this formation. I actually would like this lineip as a regular thing with Mikel instead of Ramires (Ramires then becomes a possible sub at every position), and I think long-term Oscar in the double pivot makes some sense.

It only went to ET because of pretty stupid mistakes, their first 2 goals should have never happened. Even the commentators were saying, "Chelsea will not believe how they're down in this game" it also didn't help we kept missing chances, but some of those players had not played in a while so can't really blame them.

In the end they all gave it their all and made sure we didn't lose 2 in a row to Man utd, and for that alone, i'm happy.

Also championship team is pretty harsh on the United 11, except from the defenders, that team could challenge for a Europa League place. Just look at their strikers alone, certainly better than what most teams have.

That's what's worrying, it's become a norm for us to concede from stupid mistakes. Teams don't often picklock us when we are properly organized, we just hand them the opportunities on a silver plate. We lose our shape or heads in random situations.

It's probably a side effect of the philosophical transition, we can't expect our team to be amazing offensively while maintaing defensive integrity. It's frustrating but we will be relying on outscoring our opponents much more now than before. As long as we do that and points roll our way, I'm happy. But there will be periods when results won't be pretty, and we need to keep straight heads.

And guys open your eyes, Luiz is not good enough, he was awful again tonight, so many mistakes., when is he going to learn?

Also Sturridge was poor tonight, i don't care if he's not 100 percent fit, why is he still so fucking selfish?

As i stated earlier, that January transfer period when we bought Torres and Luiz was a total disaster.. we bought a striker who cant score, and a defender who cant defend... fucking great.

I thought Luiz was one of our better defenders in the opening games of this season. To be fair, our entire defence has been shocking since the Spurs game.

Maybe try Ivan in the centre with Cahill, & Azpi at RB?

Sorry to be so downbeat, we won and i'm happy (even if it's against man united's second string team), but if we want to win the PL we have to sort this out.

Sturridge was good, and Luiz was also good.

Second goal was Cahill's fault, Luiz lost the ball in the middle of the field, and Cahill was unable to stop Hernandez. There was cover enough to stop United's player, but Cahill as usual react really slow.

Keep blaming Luiz, while our biggest problem in the defence is Cahill.