Carabao Cup & FA Cup Thread

Sheva.

9000 pissed up Chelsea fans on a midweek game. Police will absolutely hate it, will be a nightmare for them. I reckon it'll be cut down to about 6k or 7k.

Hahahaha, a nightmare for them? English fans are so civilized nowadays!

Imagine if they had to deal with 100k fans in a divided stadium for Corinthians vs Palmeiras...

I'll be surprised if we doesn't have a solid, consistent and efficient first team by the time this match kicks off.

Jose needs to sort out our various issues.

Best CB pair

Best pivot

Best No.10 (mayb he got that covered already)

Prolific striker

Then we're perfect! :-)

Hahahaha, a nightmare for them? English fans are so civilized nowadays!

Imagine if they had to deal with 100k fans in a divided stadium for Corinthians vs Palmeiras...

They'll all be too busy protesting over something about nothing...

Chelsea FC @chelseafc 20m

Our #CapitalOneCup game against Arsenal (a) on Tues 29 Oct has been selected for live TV coverage. Kick-off 7:45pm

And that game is just two days after we play City on Sunday. :doh: The police did not want Arsenal and Spurs to play at home on the same night..

And that game is just two days after we play City on Sunday. :doh: The police did not want Arsenal and Spurs to play at home on the same night..

Maybe the board can try with FA and TV to move the match against City to Saturday instead? Why couldn't Spurs match be moved to the Tuesday then? UGH!

Or no, Mourinho just said this in the PC

Chelsea FC @chelseafc 2m

Mourinho: 'We play Man City on Sunday before cup game v Arsenal on Tues, so our Under-21 side will probably have a great experience.' #CFC

So we'll play the u-21 against Arsenal? :lol:

Maybe the board can try with FA and TV to move the match against City to Saturday instead? Why couldn't Spurs match be moved to the Tuesday then? UGH!

Doubt it. And it was either us or Spurs to play on the Tuesday as the latter also play their league game on Sunday.

Chelsea FC ‏@chelseafc 2m

Mourinho: 'We play Man City on Sunday before cup game v Arsenal on Tues, so our Under-21 side will probably have a great experience.' #CFC

:lol: Will be surprised if Mourinho is actually serious about it. Obviously taking it with a pinch of salt.

I doubt it now that Arsenal are leading in the PL.

For them to beat us might make them boost more their confidence.

We need to beat them and make them remember that they are still shit!

I doubt it now that Arsenal are leading in the PL.

For them to beat us might make them boost more their confidence.

We need to beat them and make them remember that they are still shit!

we don't need to beat them ...we need to FUCKING DESTROY THEM ... make them bleed ....

Well, I want us to rape them in the League Cup just like you guys, but I also agree with Mourinho who said yesterday we should prioritize the league.

They have very complicated matches before and after the League Cup - maybe even more so than us - so who knows which team they'll play?

Is Arsene that desperate to finally have Arsenal raise a silverware again that he'll risk UCL and EPL because of a League Cup against us?

Also our bench (I don't buy the u-21) is better than theirs, so it's actually Arsene who has to make a decision: will he tire his main players up in a League Cup match when he has difficult UCL and EPL matches the week before and after? Let's see.

Mourinho is cool - as he should - as we have amazing squad depth... the one who may be worried about to do here is Arsene imo. Either way, let's rape them!!!!

Chelsea FC @chelseafc 2m

Telly talks and all...no chance of getting it moved

Loosing to Arsenal bad enough...loosing to kiddie Arsenal urgh....better beat them good or never hear the end of it

I think at the moment they are relying heavily on the good form of Mertesacker, Ramsey, Ozil and Giroud. Those 4 are carrying Arsenal at the moment. If we can stop Ozil, Ramsey and Giroud I have a feeling we will easily beat them.

• 3 weeks later...

Difficult match ahead.Arsenal are in a good form ( faced small teams, but still).At the Emirates it will be tough, we'll lose if we approach the game like we are doing right now (Possession, small passes, low tempo).Arsene wants to win against José, he never did, I hope it will never happen, so a draw would be great.MM cup isnt the priority for us.

I really hope not as a club we don't need to be embarrassed as we could put our under 16s on and the papers would still say 'Chelsea thumped by Arsenal.'