Carabao Cup & FA Cup Thread

Sheva.

Ended 2-0.

Just checked, 2-0 was the score in the home game against Boro that season with Kalou scoring both.

And like I remembered, away was 0-5 with the Belletti screamer. Kalou scored two goals that day as well.

Match reports for both games:

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/1536899

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/1424476

Well we're out

What a pathetic attitude to take before a cup game. Anyone can win on the day and we've shown we can give United a damn good game already this season.

Isn't this the point of football? To see the best players go up against one another?

Standard clause IIRC - if the opposition wants to field the player, they have to get approval from CFC and the FA/EPL

It's to do with match fixing etc...

Oh ok. I new one of the rules was a team cannot field a player from the parent club if they are in the same league, but thought they had to have that clause in thier contract if they were in a lower league...

So the answer will be, that he won't play.

Thanks. :)

What a pathetic attitude to take before a cup game. Anyone can win on the day and we've shown we can give United a damn good game already this season.

Isn't this the point of football? To see the best players go up against one another?

Excuse me? You call 'those' performances damn good games? Maybe from the neutral point but all I saw was a team bringing in a shit mentality from the start of the first game and a team that could barley finish off United's B team and youth players at the second game. BOTH AT HOME. Sorry to be pessimistic but we need to display an ambitious performance to take down United at Old Trafford, and considering I have yet to see a performance of such since Tottenham away, i don't think we can pull it off given our circumstances with the players and manager ordeal.

If our players don't make this cup their main ambition, which anything of such has been absent under Benitez, we won't win.

Our best chance is to take United out with a CL hangover or to bring a replay to the Bridge

Excuse me? You call 'those' performances damn good games? Maybe from the neutral point but all I saw was a team bringing in a shit mentality from the start of the first game and a team that could barley finish off United's B team and youth players at the second game. BOTH AT HOME. Sorry to be pessimistic but we need to display an ambitious performance to take down United at Old Trafford, and considering I have yet to see a performance of such since Tottenham away, i don't think we can pull it off given our circumstances with the players and manager ordeal.

If our players don't make this cup their main ambition, which anything of such has been absent under Benitez, we won't win.

Our best chance is to take United out with a CL hangover or to bring a replay to the Bridge

No offence, but I completely disagree with the notion of going into a FA Cup game with the view that we're going out. United aren't that good and we're capable of playing great stuff so I really don't see the need for such pessimism.

We've shown away to Everton and at home to Arsenal (for 45 minutes) that we can beat top teams, so there's really no reason to fear a United team who have other priorities. This is what the cup is all about.