Chelsea 4-2 Reading

BlueLion.

After letting my emotions simmer I have come to the conclusion that last night was a good night for us.

We started off in fantastic shape and was knocking the ball around the best I have seen us do for a long, long time. Eden was everywhere and at last what we have been craving for we finally have....movement!

I know we shouldn't be going 2-1 down at home to a newly promoted side but these games are difficult and it is only the second game of the season. Having said that their first goal was an excellent header which most sides wouldn't have defended in the PL and their second goal was an absolute howler by Cech.

The way we came back in the second half really excited me. We showed determination, movement, pace and a bit of luck, most of all RDM wasn't afraid to change things positively by throwing on Oscar. I know Oscar didn't have a great game when coming on but the simple fact that he is prepared to stand high up in the middle of the pitch is just so satisfying, something we have lacked for a long time.

I also noticed that when we was chasing the game we had 6 players in the box when Ivan swung a ball in which Hazard eventually hit a shot that was blocked. Positive to say the least, I can remember last season at times when we were attacking there was only 2 or 3 players in the box if that which was horrifying to see.

Not the best result in the world but a very good one in my eyes. Still early doors and if we can come away with all 3 points from the game with Newcastle then damn what a great start to our season.

A RB is desperately needed as Ivan has been getting raped by pace and another striker is definitely needed. Azpi and Hulk would be ideal but Cavani would more than satisfy our needs.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mikel was surprisingly good in the last two games. We should have won this easy if it wasnt for Cech's clanger. Hazard has been ridiculously good. Lampard has been poor in the last game. Torres looked confident in the first half but looked like the Torres of last season in second half. This guy needs goals and must stop taking that extra touch in the box and just shoot. I remember Steve McManoman mentioned that he could have just shot the ball with his left foot but he tried to play it on his right and got blocked.

What worries me is that lack of plan B. Lets be honest, the Goal Keeping error on Reading's part brought us back in the game. it isnt like we created alot untill then. It will get tough at places like Everton and Stoke.

I can truly say that for the first time since 05-06 we have a team that can hurt the opposition on the counter attack or through a possession based game. The problem we had for a while was barring 09-10 teams could keep a good shape and we would struggle to break through but now we have the players to unlock the door. We won't win the league because we don't have enough upfront but we'll easily get a CL place. If we want to win the league then we'll have to sign a centre forward to compete with Torres and a right back to compete with Ivo !

I disagree. We looked short of Plan B untill that Goal keeping error from Reading and then an Offside Goal. We didnt create much untill then and were pretty much passing horizontally.

I disagree. We looked short of Plan B untill that Goal keeping error from Reading and then an Offside Goal. We didnt create much untill then and were pretty much passing horizontally.

Nope. We weren't creating much before the Cahill goal, but before Reading equalised we bossed it. After we equalised we started to create chances again too. We weren't that horizontal in the game, there were a lot of diagonals and decent off the ball movements that really helped us play well.

The way we are playing right now is really dangerous... we are pushing so much bodies upfront that I am really scared of exposing ourselve at the back.

We can't always rely on Cech though...

Finding it funny how Torres's offside yesterday has caused so much furore but yet nothing has been said about Tevez's offside goal against Southampton last Sunday. Also, the media said we got lucky with Cahill's goal after a blunder by Adam Federici but yet no one said Reading were lucky with their second. :doh:

From Reading's official Facebook page, I didn't know they were this bitter

3d5kk.png

Is this guy implying that it should've been 0-2?

2edtidw.png

Tbh, apart from 20 minutes or so we were all over them, and even though they put in a good performance we still deserved the three points.

From Reading's official Facebook page, I didn't know they were this bitter

3d5kk.png

Is this guy implying that it should've been 0-2?

2edtidw.png

Tbh, apart from 20 minutes or so we were all over them, and even though they put in a good performance we still deserved the three points.

Goodness me. Talk about being bitter! Someone needs to remind them they also scored a 2nd 'fluke' goal then.

But we scored another...so even if the offside goal didnt count and we still scored at the end still would've been a 3-2 win...no point getting bitter and every team is gana get crap decisons this season..we'll probably get one soon.Way it goes with the standard of refs/linesmen.Things annoylingy dont always be judged correctly

'Fluke goal with no keeper'...error lies with him!Not really a fluke,he took the risk and didnt pay off

But we scored another...so even if the offside goal didnt count and we still scored at the end still would've been a 3-2 win...no point getting bitter and every team is gana get crap decisons this season..we'll probably get one soon.Way it goes with the standard of refs/linesmen.Things annoylingy dont always be judged correctly

'Fluke goal with no keeper'...error lies with him!Not really a fluke,he took the risk and didnt pay off

Thing is though, had the linesman ruled Torres's goal for offside, Reading wouldn't have to push forward for an equalizer, thus leaving themselves wide open to concede yet another goal. They'll probably just hold on to what they have and might escape with a draw in the end.

The only thing they can complain about is the offside goal (that fan talking about penalty and fluke goal is just being an idiot) and it's fair enough really, we would have done the same if it was the other way around.

But it's not our fault, it's the linesman that let it stand, so blame him :lol:

Thing is though, had the linesman ruled Torres's goal for offside, Reading wouldn't have to push forward for an equalizer, thus leaving themselves wide open to concede yet another goal. They'll probably just hold on to what they have and might escape with a draw in the end.

True but then I guess with the possiblity of a win and things looking in their favour with them having a corner and time running out etc might still taken the risk...hey ho didnt happen goal stood and volia!Bad for them but still 36 games to go...

The only thing they can complain about is the offside goal (that fan talking about penalty and fluke goal is just being an idiot) and it's fair enough really, we would have done the same if it was the other way around.

But it's not our fault, it's the linesman that let it stand, so blame him :lol:

I think the were too distracted by the pace and precision of the build-up play that led to that goal. My word it was good.

I think Cole's celebration afterwards was the best part. You can see just how much of a pure competitor he is haha

considering the amount of decisions that go against us we are owed a few... but we can all do the if, but, then x y z would have happenned... If it was ruled offside we would have gone at it even harder to get the winning goal and would have had more chances.... If rambo had passed the ball early on torres should have scored and we would have been further ahead. If cech didn't spill it... etc We were the best team on the night and deserved the win...

I think the were too distracted by the pace and precision of the build-up play that led to that goal. My word it was good.

I think Cole's celebration afterwards was the best part. You can see just how much of a pure competitor he is haha

Beautiful one touch passing, more of that please :D

considering the amount of decisions that go against us we are owed a few... but we can all do the if, but, then x y z would have happenned... If it was ruled offside we would have gone at it even harder to get the winning goal and would have had more chances.... If rambo had passed the ball early on torres should have scored and we would have been further ahead. If cech didn't spill it... etc We were the best team on the night and deserved the win...

Agree! Apart from the last 20-25 minutes in the first half, Reading didn't trouble us too much. They didn't threaten at all in the second till we went 3-2 up. We looked the more threatening and attacking of the two sides. But the English media love the romance of smaller teams upsetting the big boys and those who puts in the commitment, passion, work ethic etc...