Brighton Vs Chelsea

James

There's no real excuse for not thrashing Brighton this time.

Expect a totally different match to the former preseason games, when Lukaku has been our prevailing front man. With Torres who is actually able to hold up a ball and create goals and space with his movement, our attack is provided with further options.

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as we win, couldn't care we win it by how many margin though a thrashing would be nice but the important thing here is the performance. Need to improve from previous matches and hopefully, we get to see one!

I like the lineup, but i think RDM will stick to his 4-2-3-1. With hazard in the middle ramires on the right and Lamps and Mikel holding... Hopefully Mata is back soon in time for community shield.

I like the lineup, but i think RDM will stick to his 4-2-3-1. With hazard in the middle ramires on the right and Lamps and Mikel holding... Hopefully Mata is back soon in time for community shield.

If you see last game against AC Milan, Chelsea not playing with 4-2-3-1, but 4-1-4-1. So I hope rdm will use formation like that :rolleyes:

absolutely! we need Mata asap! but maybe he need some rest after olympic and after he raged to the referee :wub:

So many here expecting a thrashing of Brighton. Wonder how many will say "It's only pre-season" again if we don't beat them...

lol :D

*sorry for my bad english* :fainthv9:

If you see last game against AC Milan, Chelsea not playing with 4-2-3-1, but 4-1-4-1. So I hope rdm will use formation like that :rolleyes:

absolutely! we need Mata asap! but maybe he need some rest after olympic and after he raged to the referee :wub:

lol :D

*sorry for my bad english* :fainthv9:

It was only an occasional 4-1-4-1 when lampard drifted forward, it was not an intentional 4-1-4-1, as that is far too open for us too play... Would work vs Brighton but probably get smashed by Man city.

It was only an occasional 4-1-4-1 when lampard drifted forward, it was not an intentional 4-1-4-1, as that is far too open for us too play... Would work vs Brighton but probably get smashed by Man city.

It was not occasional we played 4-1-4-1 for the most part, i actually saw Hazard receive the ball deep from midfield as much as Lampard. If it was 4-2-3-1 Lampard positioning was absolutely dreadful because he did not play anything close to resembling a double pivot.

We actually may see a lot of 4-1-4-1 this season, beside the Milan game, there were many occasions in the US tour where our formation resembled a 4-1-4-1.

It was not occasional we played 4-1-4-1 for the most part, i actually saw Hazard receive the ball deep from midfield as much as Lampard. If it was 4-2-3-1 Lampard positioning was absolutely dreadful because he did not play anything close to resembling a double pivot.

We actually may see a lot of 4-1-4-1 this season, beside the Milan game, there were many occasions in the US tour where our formation resembled a 4-1-4-1.

Lampards advancing was caused a lot by our innefectiveness in attack, with Raul meireles, Lukaku, and Ramires not doing too much, however when we get our full team back, i seriously doubt we will play a 4-1-4-1 formation... Against brighton, it may not matter, but imo we won't play it this season...

People saying that Lampard and MIkel slow down the play, they do, and its vital, we can't just go gung ho the whole time, If they didn't we'd be completly raped on the counter attack.

To those saying we should win by 3 goals or whatever, shut the fuck up, Its preseason, we're trying things out and our new lineup is trying to get to know each other.

People saying that Lampard and MIkel slow down the play, they do, and its vital, we can't just go gung ho the whole time, If they didn't we'd be completly raped on the counter attack.

To those saying we should win by 3 goals or whatever, shut the fuck up, Its preseason, we're trying things out and our new lineup is trying to get to know each other.

You are right , we can't just go hung ho all the time but you cannot slow down the play most of the time especially when we have 4 quick attacking player that need the ball quicker to be effective

You are right , we can't just go hung ho all the time but you cannot slow down the play most of the time especially when we have 4 quick attacking player that need the ball quicker to be effective

We have Oscar to come deep, and the attackers are capable of speeding up the tempo themselves.

Lampard and Mikel are there in a pivot, Mikel to sit infront of the back four, and Lampard to pass the ball from deep, break up play and to get forward occasionly. Oscar will come deep and quicken the tempo, giving the ball to the attackers or running with it, Where as Hazard and Mata will do what we know they can, and Torres will finish the chances created for him (We hope)

I don't want or expect a thrashing. I mean, it would be nice if we do thrash them, but I know the players won't go into this match aiming to humiliate Brighton. I'm just hoping to see some improvement on some of the problems that were highlighted in the previous match as well as some signs of improved fitness levels and team chemistry.

I don't want or expect a thrashing. I mean, it would be nice if we do thrash them, but I know the players won't go into this match aiming to humiliate Brighton. I'm just hoping to see some improvement on some of the problems that were highlighted in the previous match as well as some signs of improved fitness levels and team chemistry.

Same, I expect an easy 1-0 win. I don't know why people are expecting a thrashing. The players won't be putting 100% effort in.

The reason i said 3 goal margin was because we're 1 week away from the community shield and another week from the premiership.

I think its about time we put in a performance, and we should play as much of a full strength squad as possible. Its a Championship team.

A good performance will be great for confidence in terms of interplay, but goals are vital too.

Theres no need for me to shut the fuck up. Its the last game of Pre-season. I want a convincing win. You should too.

Our team needs a convincing win, along with a convincing performance. Whether it is 2 goals, 3 goals or more. It should be convincing, as there arent any more friendlies after this.

We have Oscar to come deep, and the attackers are capable of speeding up the tempo themselves.

Lampard and Mikel are there in a pivot, Mikel to sit infront of the back four, and Lampard to pass the ball from deep, break up play and to get forward occasionly. Oscar will come deep and quicken the tempo, giving the ball to the attackers or running with it, Where as Hazard and Mata will do what we know they can, and Torres will finish the chances created for him (We hope)

exactly like Tiote and Cabaye at Newcastle except Tiote is much more mobile. that's the problem with Mikel, his strength is good but his mobility to break up attacks is not essien or tiote or yaya toure-like.