Brighton Vs Chelsea

James

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people have to remember also is that it's not as though we've completely changed our whole starting 11. Our football, tempo and way we pass the ball is not all of a sudden gonna be faster and improved. We came 6th for a reason. Judge when we have everything together. Notice how when Marin comes on and he plays with hazard, we look at whole lot better. You can't judge how next season will go or even how robbie will do from those 4 games, not only because they have no significance and aren't competitive, but also for that reason that we don't have all of our players. It's all well and good saying 'I want to see better passing in this game' but when we're playing the same group of players from last year, it's not all of a sudden gonna better. Please just hold judgement

Just looking for a clean sheet at the back and a coherant striking unit, that creates several chances... Being against Brighton we really should win, but the performance is still the main priority at the moment and if we do that the win should come... Torres also needs as much time as possible so surely HAS to start.

I hope we set up with the starting eleven of:

Cech

Ivan Luiz Cahill Cole

Lampard Mikel

Marin/Ramirez Mata Hazard

Torres

Highly doubt Mata will play, he took part in the Euros and still has to see out his final game with Spain at the Olympics. Community Shield if anything is where he will be expected to play

I'd expect the first 11 we see on Saturday will be the same as for the Community Shield (It pretty much picks itself IMO). We need as much game time as possible for these new players to gel.

Couldn't agree more... The time of making 7 changes to experiment with players has surely passed and now we need to step it up, and give torres, hazard, and marin as much time together as possible, as it looks extremely likely they could be the crucial 3 in attack in the community shield, dependant upon when mata comes back...