Brighton Vs Chelsea

James

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pre-season............. lets experiment with 4141. dont see harm in it, 4231 been disaster so far, i like 4141 and i really think could be our savior before RDM has right idea of what he really wants and gets whatever added signings to adjust to EPL.

our other downfall can be with pressing....i mean we have to have clear idea of when (early in match, late in match middle of match) i read AVB got rid of some great workouts that held our players at such greater physical shape than opponents. if we get them back pplus our younger squad dont see why we cant press much more. also against lower teams we have to press much more. i mean vs all stars and with seatle it was non existant. if we dont press then counter attack but if we want to be more posesion orientated than pressing has to be our motto as well.

decisions decisions for RDM, thank God im not him..

Really doubt we will play that.. Will probably work vs Brighton, but i doubt would be great in the prem... I highly expect just another 4-2-3-1...

With players like Mata, Marin, Oscar, Torres we have to press the opposition and win the ball early because we know everyone is going to park the bus against us. Since we have so many new players it will take time to gel, we must create goals by pressing and winning the ball higher up the pitch because our offence wont be in sync for a while and we might find it hard to break teams down in the short run.

We need to try and press Brighton, I read somewhere that they like to get the ball down and play similar to what we have tried to do (and failed quite dramatically so far) so pressing is a must.

Also I read that AVB put electrodes on our players feet during training to make them run faster or something, even though it was the sun that reported it I wouldn't be surprised. Sounds like something that would be done in Spain or Portugal. It was used to see how much pressure they put on their feet and measure their fastest speeds etc.

first game of the summer where i even have the slightest care for how well we play. although essentially it`s still a game to further boost our match fitness and sharpness.

i`d still rather us go into the 60plus game season undercooked than overcooked tho. hoping for no major injuries above anything else.