Oscar

themightyblue

Great news. Good that it is finalised now. All that talk can stop now.

Very exicited to see all the boys playing together.

When do you reckon can we count on seeing i.e. Mata - Hazard - Oscar play their first game together ? Surely only in the first few games of the season.

It seems you know very little about the kid. He used to play a lot as right winger for Internacional, and thats is one of his favorite position. Manos Menezes is using him as a ACM in Brazil because we dont have anybody to create but him (Ganso is slow)., so if RDM use him as a RW, he wont be a "converted winger", because he is already one.

Well then, I stand corrected. As I said before, I've only seen him with Inter twice and a few times with Brazil. If he plays as a right winger, then this signing is finally starting to make sense.

Are you being serious? If we wanted too, we could field the exact same team minus Kalou and Drogba and even then they'd be replaced by Ramires and Torres. The core of that defence is still there in Cahill, Terry, Cole, Ivanovic, Mikel and Lampard and so we could easily still 'park it'

Torres cannot do a Drogba. As Term X said, we don't have any physical attacking players. At all. All we have are lightweights all over the attacking third. Kalou and Drogba for all their faults brought height and strength with them.

I'm not putting a negative spin on our signings so far at all, I think they've been brilliant, but with what's left of the window we should look to get players that have a bit of physique about them.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2861145,00.html

Roberto Di Matteo believes Oscar will prove to be a 'fantastic signing' after the Brazil international completed his transfer on Wednesday.

The 20-year-old arrives from Internacional to join compatriots David Luiz and Ramires in the first-team squad, though he is currently on Olympic duty having helped beat Team GB in a friendly last week.

'He is a fantastic player, one of the youngest to push through to the Brazilian national team and he will be a fantastic signing for us,' Di Matteo said.

'Oscar is a very exciting young talent, a creative midfield player who scores goals. He will add a lot of options and solutions for us in midfield.'

Oscar becomes the fourth young attacking midfielder to have joined the club this summer, following Kevin De Bruyne, Eden and Thorgan Hazard and Marko Marin, and Di Matteo admits it will be a challenge to bring balance to the line-up, though the signing can only help our push for honours.

'It will be a challenge to make sure we have the right balance within the team so we will have to see how we fit the team together with all the players.

'The club has always been competitive, looking to improve, get better and fight at the top end of the league so it will only give us a better chance in the Premier League.'

The fee is 25 million euros. Right? Why is the english media hell bent on making it look like 25 million pounds?

Or is it actually 25 million pounds? Some clarification please!

25mill Euros. Like ~19mil pounds.

Not paid all at once though, like ~10mil paid now, and the rest later on

The fee is 25 million euros. Right? Why is the english media hell bent on making it look like 25 million pounds?

Or is it actually 25 million pounds? Some clarification please!

It's €10 Million upfront and about €10-€15 Million in future add-ons. That makes the deal look much smarter.

I think he is a one for one replacement for lamps, only from what I've seen on short footages of him... he hasn't the passing range and not the class...yet... but he has a good shot and likes to score from in and around the box... its a logical addition for me, but like I said, I was expecting Pjanic or someone like that for the money, but if its really 10 Mio + addons its ok and just doesn't look so bad as the Media made it look like... spending 25 Mio right away is a bit much money... the same thing I said for Hazard... before anybody jumps the ship...

I expect him to be the more attacking thread in the double pivot...

I was reffering to him takeing over from Lamps and its the CM/CDM-Position I honestly see a place for him.

we have Mata and Hazard and (to come) KDB for that spot and we already don't know how to play mata and hazard together to be hones...

and this is the only spot I see him getting playing time... like I've said I don't know him, it's only my logical choice...

I was reffering to him takeing over from Lamps and its the CM/CDM-Position I honestly see a place for him.

we have Mata and Hazard and (to come) KDB for that spot and we already don't know how to play mata and hazard together to be hones...

and this is the only spot I see him getting playing time... like I've said I don't know him, it's only my logical choice...

Oscar is not a defensive midfielder...

Eventually he probably will drop into a deeper midfield position but I hope we don't put him there immediately. As has been mentioned elsewhere, look at what Man Utd did to Anderson, they restricted him, confined him to a deeper role and it has stunted his development beyond repair.

Oscar has far more about him than Anderson, this is Beazil's number 10, it would be a huge waste and a great shame were we to drain the creativity and freedom from his game. As it is he is a number 10, I hope it stays that way.