Oscar

themightyblue

I wasn't talking about Oscar per se despite this being his thread, what I am trying to say is it may sound good signing a flashy number 10 and a "right midfielder like Hazard" but unless there prepared to do donkey work we will face the same problems against well balanced sides just like Real do against Atletico (I called it in the summer that Leti will have the beating of Real this season, im not remotely surprised by the record Real simply have too many "best players" if that makes sense).

Also Oscar's productivity has improved a lot this season anyway, he has scored 6 goals this season and 5 have opened the scoring, Palace and Newcastle especially could well have ended up in dropped point's if Oscar didn't score when he did and the Villa and Swansea goals set the tempo for an easy match.

If we lift the title in May, Oscar and Willian have earned their medals as much as anyone.

Exactly. He's not perfect but unless there is absolute quality available there's no point in throwing away our 4th goal contributer.

Wasn't talking about his passing, but overall performances. When he goes AWOL, even our pressing suffers.

His overall performance mostly has to do with an attitude of Oscar to not know how to pass a ball for 45mins in some matches once in a while but he's one of our top scorers and he's found a way to score while playing bad, which is a good trait.

Anyone who says we should sell him is wrong. He's still 23, plenty of time to improve especially as midfielders tend to get better later in their careers.

But we know his weakness and his strengths so far and because of his poor 2nd half to the season last year people are scared it's happening again.

I don't mind him sticking around. He'd make an excellent squad player. Just don't think he's good enough as our starting #10.

When he goes AWOL, even our pressing suffers.
I suppose we would want to be able to say that if he's having a shocker, at least he will still be contributing well to our pressing, but TBH his best pressing games this season have been his best passing/creating games as well if that makes sense.

Not excusing his woeful performance yesterday, but as I said before and after the City game last weekend, Jose has been wanting to rest Oscar for a long time. The only reason he's kept his place recently is due to Cesc's injury.

From a mate inside the club, I can also say that Oscar played the Villa game with an injury concern over his right quad muscle. Can't comment on cause/severity etc., but there was a concern of some degree there. Again, not excusing his performance though.

i'm personally very happy that Oscar is a Chelsea player and I wouldn't sell him unless we recieved an insane amount of money. I appreciate all the hard work that he is doing but football fans tend to go for the flashy players with wierd names and wierd hairstyles. That's not for me, I believe in the kid and will support him, and I'm 100% sure that he will be a very important player in the future. As a former pro football player myself I learned to appreciate players such as Oscar - he does a lot of hard work and gives his best to help the team instead of thinking about himself like so many other players. Teammates love that when you play together every day and it's good for the team spirit which is often ignored by people who haven't played on a fairly high level themselves.

If he goes for big money like 35m plus then it will show one of two things that we indeed have the best negotiators in the business or that the club willing to pay exorbitant fee for him have such a mediocre team of scouts and analysts and haven't been watching his performances thoroughly. The talk of selling him for huge sums of money certainly isn't based on talent and performance. there's no justification for believing he will or should command a very high fee in the market.

From a mate inside the club, I can also say that Oscar played the Villa game with an injury concern over his right quad muscle. Can't comment on cause/severity etc., but there was a concern of some degree there. Again, not excusing his performance though.

Oh? I was wondering what the hell was this thing on his leg:

tumblr_njf2pnNlj01qeprgro1_500.gif

I thought we were to some extent disciples of Jose Mourinho? Football is played at both ends of the pitch....

Against Newcastle Oscar played 78mins had a goal and an assist. He also had 3 tackles, 1 interception and 4 clearances.

Against Swansea he played 90mins had 2 goals no tackles or interceptions(probably didn't need any with the way Swansea played that day)

He didn't play against Liverpool away...

He then goes on a run of games where he plays 90mins against Bradford, 120mins vs Liverpool(5 tackles, 93 touches), 91mins against City(4 tackles despite being woeful), so in the span of 8 days Oscar has played 300mins of football and has ran the entire way not taking plays off or complaining about fatigue. I haven't been able to look up the distance he's covered but if someone wants to look that up it would be well appreciated because I KNOW he covered tonnes of ground.

This is very unusual for a no.10, you will not find another player replicate this fellas workrate in that position and still contribute 6 goals and 7 assists, IT IS PHYSICALLY DEMANDING!

I'm not saying he's been fantastic, he has room for improvement but the amount of flack this guy gets its unreal! This is a guy who makes it possible for others on the pitch to play their football because he works so tirelessly. He also is very difficult to play against because he never lets up. This is what Jose wants from his no.10, he's not looking for someone who makes incredible passes that split open teams and dribbles past 6 players to set up the striker for a goal, no, Oscar is our facilitator! He is the cog in the engine. When you ask players to chase people up and down the field, win tackles and be a nuisance AND at the same time create scoring chances and score goals while playing 300 mins in 8 days he's going to start to break down... Its just a fact of life.

If you guys actually think Isco, Eriksen or LOL Coutinho can actually perform the role Oscar has in this team you are joking yourselves... When those guys play the 10 they're assignment is very different to that of Oscar's.

Seriously, Oscar works a lot and he is a good player. But we don't need good players in our starting team, we need great players. There is certainly room for improvement at that position.

Seriously, Oscar works a lot and he is a good player. But we don't need good players in our starting team, we need great players. There is certainly room for improvement at that position.

Not saying he's been fantastic, but if you can find me another no.10 who can win tackles, interceptions, mark a deep lying playmaker out of the game, score and assist and be a threat to score from set pieces please tell me who he is!

If he goes for big money like 35m plus then it will show one of two things that we indeed have the best negotiators in the business or that the club willing to pay exorbitant fee for him have such a mediocre team of scouts and analysts and haven't been watching his performances thoroughly. The talk of selling him for huge sums of money certainly isn't based on talent and performance. there's no justification for believing he will or should command a very high fee in the market.

Luiz went for 37mil £ and despite being on the bench or being played in mid for half the season last season, still made the fifa team of thw year. U still think that any of that had to do with his skill or talent? Its all about marketability

Luiz went for 37mil £ and despite being on the bench or being played in mid for half the season last season, still made the fifa team of thw year. U still think that any of that had to do with his skill or talent? Its all about marketability

The state of the modern game makes me sick

Oh? I was wondering what the hell was this thing on his leg:

tumblr_njf2pnNlj01qeprgro1_500.gif

I never even realized the tape on pictures or live.

He can't cope with so many minutes in a row, just can't. He has low stamina and a fatigued Oscar is as useful as cold air conditioning in Siberia.

is that why belgium is such a good team or why Hazard is such a great player on Belgium national team.

Not saying he's been fantastic, but if you can find me another no.10 who can win tackles, interceptions, mark a deep lying playmaker out of the game, score and assist and be a threat to score from set pieces please tell me who he is!

Modric and that is it. Not cesc, not hazard, but only Modric.