Oscar

themightyblue

He is a fine player but if we were hypothetically looking for someone to replace Oscar it wouldn't be Koke... He doesn't play there, and I wouldn't put him down as a creative number 10. Most of his assists have come from crosses and set pieces (IIRC).

Hypothetically...would Koke fit in our 'pivot'?

He seems like an upgrade on Ramires in my opinion...

Hypothetically...would Koke fit in our 'pivot'?

He seems like an upgrade on Ramires in my opinion...

I was thinking the exact same - if we did get rid of Ramires (which is unlikely), Koke would be an astute replacement, considering he can play on the right wing as well.

I was thinking the exact same - if we did get rid of Ramires (which is unlikely), Koke would be an astute replacement, considering he can play on the right wing as well.

I think he is bit too attacking type. In atletco, he has usually two CMs behind (Suarez and Gabi), giving him more freedom and not so crucial role in deep midfield, resulting more assists, and if he loses ball, it can be recovered by two CMs behind him.

I think he isnt suited to play such important role in middle of field, he definately needs few years of playing in CM first to master it. I think effect would be same as was when we put Lamps in pivot few years ago; he wasnt suited for that role at all...

I think we need someone who will be very comfortable and reliable in CM.

Kroos/Koke/...are all bit too offensive midfielders, we need Xabi Alonso type I think; who posses same creativity/delivery as those two, but generaly operates deeper and can defend/position better. Gundogan would be perfect or even Strootman, but both got injured...

don't know where to post it, but I'll do it here.

Felipão confirmed that the four Brazilians (in addition to Paulinho) are going to the world cup. In addition to them Thiago Silva, Julio Cesar and Fred were mentioned as possible captains for the team - which he confirmed that for a player to be a captain, they need to go (Luiz is also one of possible captains).

Felipão said he went to London and talked to those 5 players (ours and Paulinho), so they already know they're going, which makes some people's assumptions that they were under-performing because of their position in the NT unfounded - as I said it was back then.

Does anyone still think he's better than Coutinho?

I think as far as hard work goes he is definitely better than Coutinho.

Offensively I dont think he is though. Even without as good as strikers as Coutinho has I feel he lacks that creative spark that Coutinho is able to pull off when asked to. A lack of imagination more so than skill.

'The two years have been unbelievable for me. I think next year will be the same for me and Chelsea. I want to stay here for many years like Terry and Lampard have.'

'Chelsea is such a big club and every year we try to win titles. I like this so much. Last season it was the Europa League and this year we are in the semi-finals of the Champions League and fighting for the title in the Premier League. The season has been good.'

'Last season I played so many games and it has been the same this season as well. Sometimes it is better to be on the bench and to play the second half. If I start and I play 70 minutes before being changed that's also okay because of the amount of games I have played.'

'When I play I know I can play well and with intensity because I have played a little less.'

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3786797/title/oscar-final-flourish

You forgot to highlight the best part :)

'The two years have been unbelievable for me. I think next year will be the same for me and Chelsea. I want to stay here for many years like Terry and Lampard have."

Maybe he just has his head on the WC? I hope he becomes better, i really like him.

That assumption is so pathetic!

Chelsea is fighting for two of the most important trophies there is. We are in the fucking Champions League semi-final, how is his head in the World Cup?

Oscar has incredibly lost his form, but the reasons behind it dont come close to the World Cup...

I actually think he will play on Wednesday and if he does I'd think he will have a great game!

That assumption is so pathetic!

Chelsea is fighting for two of the most important trophies there is. We are in the fucking Champions League semi-final, how is his head in the World Cup?

Oscar has incredibly lost his form, but the reasons behind it dont come close to the World Cup...

I actually think he will play on Wednesday and if he does I'd think he will have a great game!

What's pathetic about that? Oscar is a young Brazilian AM that will play for Brazil in the World Cup that will be held in Brazil.

And i said 'maybe', i didn't say he HAS his head on the WC. I get it that you try to defend your compatriots but come on, i didn't even offend him.

I just think as soon as you saw the word World Cup in the Oscar thread you just hopped into the reply box. Don't be angry mate, i like Oscar as much as you do.

I made an assuption but i still don't get how's that pathetic?

Anyone still think Oscar will stay our number 10 next season? Seeïng our line-up now it doesn't even make sense he was rested against Liverpool... Wouldn't be surprised where on the market again for another AM come summer.