Oscar

themightyblue

This could be one of the reasons oscar lost form. Mourinho changed our tactics after we lost to sunderland in the league cup, exactly around the new year.

This must have been part of the reason.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/03/jose-mourinho-chelsea-oscar-dip-form?CMP=twt_gu

José Mourinho will demand improvement next season from his swath of attacking midfielders, principal among them the Brazil international Oscar, as the Portuguese seeks to eradicate some of the inconsistencies that have hampered Chelsea's challenge for prizes.

Oscar will miss the club's final home game of the season on Sunday, against struggling Norwich with a hip injury as Chelsea attempt to maintain their slim chances of securing the Premier League title. Mourinho has seen the form of his first-choice No10 tail off, Oscar scoring in only one league game since New Year's Day, though he expects the 22-year-old to revive for the World Cup.

"There are things you can't resolve," said Mourinho when asked if he was concerned the player was being distracted by the prospect of a major finals in his home country. "He was our best player for months, from August to December. He was absolutely fantastic. After that he's been up and down."

The Chelsea manager went on to suggest that Oscar's toils did not all stem from form and fitness on the pitch. "He was up and down, trying to arrive in a game but not managing it, or being a doubt when the game was too big for a doubtful player. So he arrived in the crucial moment of the season in a low. I can imagine, in a couple of weeks, he will be in a high and during the World Cup he will be in a high."

He said Oscar was our best player for months? From August to October for the first few matches, apart from a few games here and there, he has been below par since then contributing little in attack and getting subbed early. So that is a huge exaggeration from Mourinho.

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/41065/Fixtures/Oscar

Commentator today said at ESPN that he wasn't impressed with Oscar interview after Atléticos game: he seemed as passive as you like. Its not the kind of attitude you expect from a player after not playing in a big match like that. He also said Oscar seems to me more concerned with World Cup than anything.

I don't know if its his personality, but I'm afraid Oscar lacks the winning mentality. He seems okay after a defeat. The kid is really weird.

Commentator today said at ESPN that he wasn't impressed with Oscar interview after Atléticos game: he seemed as passive as you like. Its not the kind of attitude you expect from a player after not playing in a big match like that. He also said Oscar seems to me more concerned with World Cup than anything.

I don't know if its his personality, but I'm afraid Oscar lacks the winning mentality. He seems okay after a defeat. The kid is really weird.

True, and thus make the sale of Mata looks even more horrible at the moment.

Mata was a winner, remember CL final?

It's probably because he knows he's assured a place in the Brazil squad. World Cup year can make a player play as well as anything if he knows he's up for selection but no guaranteed.. But when the opposite is true, you're more concerned about staying fit to get on the plane.

Let's hope after the WC he'll go back to first half-season form!

he took a corner and missed a pen?

Mentality friend.

Remember what Drogba said after Bayern scored?

Mata came to him and gave him hope.

That's a strong mentality.

Would Oscar do that? I don't know, but according to Henrique his mentality of not caring after a big match leaves me a lot to desire.

Mentality friend.

Remember what Drogba said after Bayern scored?

Mata came to him and gave him hope.

That's a strong mentality.

Would Oscar do that? I don't know, but according to Henrique his mentality of not caring after a big match leaves me a lot to desire.

oscar is a quiet guy. he's hardly going to be shouting. especially if the interview was in english.