Oscar

themightyblue

http://espn.estadao....icao-de-lampard

Oscar expects to be a starting XI in one month, he also revealed RDM wants to use him in Lampard's position, but he say he can also play in Mata's position.

wow, and if he succeeds there (in lamps spot)..............these teams are fucking screwed over big time!

we'll be singing this every year surely,

http://espn.estadao.com.br/noticia/276775_confiante-oscar-diz-que-espera-ser-titular-do-chelsea-em-um-mes-e-que-pode-jogar-na-posicao-de-lampard

Oscar expects to be a starting XI in one month, he also revealed RDM wants to use him in Lampard's position, but he say he can also play in Mata's position.

So in the double midfield like i have been saying all along :) and i think it is the best solution!

If you think about it, that really is the best option, his role and play style will hardly be effected (offensively), he will have to freedom to attack like Lampard, and he"ll will track back and collect the ball from the defense like he was doing when he was the no.10 for Brazil. He will just have to shoulder a slight defensive duty, which shouldn't be that difficult, but if he can't adapt then he won't be fit for the position.

didnt a lot of people doubt his ability to play in that position??? :P

oscar could be the signing of the decade :D :D

hahaha,, i've never doubted his ability to play there in fact im on record saying which ever position he plays best in the opposite will be the one we need to strengthen. so if plays great in cm then we'll just get a winger and be on our way. but if he plays good in Cam/rw then obvs a cm will be needed. and your right he has the potential to be signing of the decade 100% agree. because like KDB his versatility is second to none.

http://espn.estadao....icao-de-lampard

So, @KonohasOrangeFlash and others... What did I say? He will be converted in the double pivot player...

He looked nervy when he came on, misplaced a couple of passes. Was probably nervous since we were under pressure to chase the game when he came on. Otherwise, though he did alright. Helped to inject pace and tempo to the attacks.

He looked nervy when he came on, misplaced a couple of passes. Was probably nervous since we were under pressure to chase the game when he came on. Otherwise, though he did alright. Helped to inject pace and tempo to the attacks.

I agree, was his first game for us at home, probably eager to impress but Raul meireles came on and did similar, but oscar impressed in the last 20 mins. A few more weeks, and when he gets integrated into this team it really will be a site to see. :)

A month to claim a starting spot seems about right. He hasn't had the benefit of a full per-season with the team. He looked uncertain or indecisive at times in possession. I think he'd be great pivot player. If we start playing a more possession based game, he wouldn't need to worry too much of being a midfield destroyer. His sleight frame reminds me a bit of busquets. Proves that you don't need to be built like a Vieira or toure to be a good pivot player, as long as you have intelligence and good positional sense. For the latter, I'm sure he will develop tactically over the season. On the former, he strikes me one who has that in spades already judging by his displays in the Olympics and how his former coaches speak of him.