Oscar

themightyblue

A month to claim a starting spot seems about right. He hasn't had the benefit of a full per-season with the team. He looked uncertain or indecisive at times in possession. I think he'd be great pivot player. If we start playing a more possession based game, he wouldn't need to worry too much of being a midfield destroyer. His sleight frame reminds me a bit of busquets. Proves that you don't need to be built like a Vieira or toure to be a good pivot player, as long as you have intelligence and good positional sense. For the latter, I'm sure he will develop tactically over the season. On the former, he strikes me one who has that in spades already judging by his displays in the Olympics and how his former coaches speak of him.

Oscar is obviously never going to be a midfield destroyer. He is the deep lying playmaker type with freedom. Ramires can be the destroyer I feel.

Oscar is obviously never going to be a midfield destroyer. He is the deep lying playmaker type with freedom. Ramires can be the destroyer I feel.

I think a Romeu-Oscar combo in the pivot might be better. Oscar as a dlp, with Romeu as the anchor. With all due respect to ramires, his passing doesnt seem accurate enough. He also doesn't strike me as someone comfortable in possession like Romeu (who's been trained in the la masia way). Hopefully ramires can improve as a pivot player. If I remember correctly, he used to play that position with brazil and looked pretty decent at it.

I think RDM did the right thing by bringing him on when he did, we needed a bit of calmness on the ball during that period of the game. Found it a little difficult to get straight into the pace of the game but it was a good sub from the manager, imo.

I thought he was very, very good considering he is 20 years old and had only played about 15 minutes of Premier League football beforehand. He certainly has an eye for a pass and is very quick. Really looked the part when he came on and seemed to be linking up very well with Hazard and Mata. Obviously he will need to bulk up a bit but he is only 20 and he has time to do that but overall he was really good. The Brazilian league is completely different but he adapted to English football quickly yesterday.

The best thing about Oscar is that he isn't afraid to make the risky pass.. He passes forward and into the whole behind the striker... Once your in that position you are dangerous. He does look a little skinny but he is definitely going to be a great player for us... his vision is second to none.. when he was on against Reading along with Mata and Hazard we looked lethal going forward.. was great to watch.

One thing I really like about Oscar now is his burst of pace. You can just see how quick he accelerates when there is a ball ahead to chase. Showed it against Wigan and produced a really good shot and 1-2 times against Reading too.

it's funny how we think of Oscar as a young and immature kid, when he's already married

Liverpool's young starlet Raheem Sterling is a father of two at the age of 17. Does being a dad make him more mature than someone else?

Liverpool's young starlet Raheem Sterling is a father of two at the age of 17. Does being a dad make him more mature than someone else?

Bloomin hell, my comment only comes from the fact that at the bridge the other day a few people were making comments like 'he's still only a baby' and stuff along those lines when in fact he's married and thus has a degree of responsibility and commitment in his life. That's all

He isn't married though, the two kids came from a fling. Marriage shows maturity IMO. Marriage and having kids isn't the same thing.

Oscar is very mature for his age.