Oscar

themightyblue

Who creates our chances?

Hazard uses his dribbling, fabregas uses his passing and vision, and pedro crosses.

If hazard and fabregas are failing to do their jobs individually then all that is left is one of our top assists makers in oscar.

I'm not hyping oscar, I'm being realistic of our terrible situation.

Me too.

Oscar in/out isn't the issue.

We play terrible football most of the time, have an unbalanced team with several underperfoming players and a manager who has run out of ideas.

Our issues run a hell of a lot deeper than whether Oscar plays or not; the reality is he's part of the problem too.

there are two aspects of Oscar that are as clear as day, but only one of them is overstressed by most (there's a minority who stresses both or the other one).

1) Oscar in form is one the key players for our team because he gives the balance for players much better than him to shine (Cesc, Hazard, Matic)

2) Oscar isn't in form nearly long enough.

So we've played shit with him when he was shit, but we NEVER and I say that very emphatically and absolutely sure of myself, we NEVER played as good as we did when he was at the top of his form. Every time someone points out the good stretches of good football we played in the last couple of seasons it had always been the same time Oscar was playing his best (so I guess we're supposed to believe this is nothing but a big coincidence?). He has a huge problem which is his consistency. The fact he isn't creative enough or doesn't have a brilliant vision for a #10 aren't that much noticeable if he's on form because he compliments and complements players more talented than him. Also he isn't as bad in those two aspects as people make him out to be. When he's playing well, he would get a 7-8 on both things imo. When he's playing bad 2-3.

We desperately need Oscar now, but only if it's the good Oscar and as we never know how long we can count on the good Oscar, we have a problem. Oscar needs to fix it, José needs to fix it and the club needs to have an alternative. Willian isn't it no matter how much you guys lick his crouch. It's funny all of you have been saying he's been one of our best players since the New Year, but the exact same people and some others say we haven't been good enough since New Year. What does it say to you? That Willian is our best performer (let's exclude Hazard from the talk altogether as he's our best player) when we're playing like shit and instead of addressing it the right way - which is Willian doesn't contribute directly to improve our play - you guys prefer to take the route I can't follow: Willian should be our #10. Even in the matches he didn't play in the wing and played as #10 we continued to suffer... we have never - as far as I remember - played really well, outplaying opposition, being creative, fast, direct and all the other adjectives you could find about us in the first 3-4 months last season when Willian has been our #10. We were playing bad and with him in this position we slightly improved but he has never been or will ever be a game changer. It's not that hard to be the second best performer when the team has been playing bad for months. Oscar dropped his level horribly, and it was the time for Willian to take matters into his own hands, bring us back to where we were before (although not all by himself because Cesc and Diego were missed too through suspension, injuries and Cesc dropping his level as well), but he wasn't able to do that. Yes, I know being Ivanovic babysitter detracts his chances, but in 10 years of senior football he has never been the player to shine with stats, but neither with carrying a team towards the right direction, and Ivanovic has been part of only 3 of those years.

I'm able to give Willian some credit today - something I wasn't in the past. But while most people here recognizes and cries about Oscar inconsistency, they aren't as ready to recognize the heights he brings when he's in form. I partially blame this because Oscar isn't flashy and his work is more about enabling others to do their best rather than him shining through and through, but I also see a veiled reason, especially from some members, and well, Oscar has been born the way he is, he may change his football profile someday, but he won't change who he is. It means some people will always look at him in a certain way.

Very cryptic.

well if you could understand it ,, could you explain for me in just 4 lines :halo:

I think she's trying to say some of us dislike Oscar, not because he's an average and inconsistent footballer, but because of something he's unable to change...

I'll let you figure it out. :tophat:

I think she's trying to say some of us dislike Oscar, not because he's an average and inconsistent footballer, but because of something he's unable to change...

I'll let you figure it out. :tophat:

so he is a leopard and can't change his spots ,,,, Thanks ...Actually I like him. Are you sure she meant Oscar and not Jose ?

What we are missing is the combination of Willian and Oscar pressing . We are allowing other teams the freedom to attack us at ease

What are we missing can be put into one word - balls. Everybody so afraid of losing, beating a man, making mistake blablabla... Grow them back and try again! That's how I do it at least.

Very cryptic.

it was meant to... the ones who feel the way I think they do will know what I meant...

But what about all the rest? Care to refute everything I said about Willian being our second best player when we sucked or about the team playing its best collective football whenever Oscar was playing well? Both things can't be a coincidence if it keeps happening for long stretches of time.

Look, I've never been a big Oscar fan, but after all the debates regarding his consistency and lack of a pre-season, I think it's just best to wait till the end of the season and if he manages to perform consistently throughout the year then no problem. If he doesn't, it's fair to say Oscar wasted his last chance and desrves to be sold.

it was meant to... the ones who feel the way I think they do will know what I meant...

But what about all the rest? Care to refute everything I said about Willian being our second best player when we sucked or about the team playing its best collective football whenever Oscar was playing well? Both things can't be a coincidence if it keeps happening for long stretches of time.

Very similar contrast of Willian to Mata - our best player for 2 absolute shite seasons

Willian will always try hard - but is not good enough for fluid attacks or counter attacks

I do miss Oscar - when is he back?!?

Ask what or who is causing the fear ?

This is the main mistake people make (and in life also).

There isn't a single answer, it's a reaction to various factors.

* Pressure from being champs

* Higher league quality

* Short pre season

* Costa's fitness

* Oscar's injury

* Unlucky

* Predictable

* Scandal with medical staff

* Uncertainty about player future (Oscar, Willian, Ramires, Cuadrado, Ivanovic, Remy)

* bit of individual mistakes

And there you have it, confidence is gone.

Massive mistake fans make is trying to blame our bad results on one or two factors mentioned above.

It's all of those COMBINED that are doing this to us, and time will fix most of those problems very nicely.

Very similar contrast of Willian to Mata - our best player for 2 absolute shite seasons

Willian will always try hard - but is not good enough for fluid attacks or counter attacks

I do miss Oscar - when is he back?!?

have no idea, there's nothing in Brazilian media about his recovery

You know Real madrid didnt knew what Makelele offers so they sold him. But soon the rest of the team become shit. Maka wasnt some flashy player, but he was vital. He was vital despite being invisible in games. He made others be able to do their job.

I dont say that Oscar is on same level as Maka. But he might have some similar impact on our team. All we know we played the best football when Oscar was on fire in first half of last season. He turned shit and rest of team didnt have the same balance and control either after. Costa was less efficient, Cesc out of depth, Matic...

I think Oscars pressing is helping Matic, the way he goes in middle to pick the ball, and connect with attack helps Cesc, the way he moves in attack, drags on players, makes simple yet key passes helps our attack. And he adds couple of goals and assists on top.

Yes our form is not the best and Oscar is not sole reason, but maybe Oscar in best form is what the real key for this team is. He might not be the motor of team, but someone who makes the motor click and work properly.

I know this sounds a bit silly, but never underestimate the impact of a player just because he isnt flashy.