The London 2012 Olympics

Hutcho

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The closing ceremony was brilliant apart from that annoying bitch Jessie J. The Freddy Mercury and John Lennon parts were wonderfully done. So many famous british bands on show, it was a true festival. Also was a message to the world to stop fighting and war etc. I know it won't ever stop but it was touching none the less. The Olympics was a huge success and it was nice to see the 204 countries as one big family. Now they can go back to killing eachother...

Really pisses me off because they will never get away with it. The athletes are tested almost every day multiple times, i dunno why they do it. And then they will be banned for a long period. Stupidness.

Thank you very much.

Gold medal winner of the women's shot put got tested positive for metenolone therefore got stripped of her medal, which means another gold for us!!

Bloody dopers, really kills sport

I really don't understand why they do it. They're not going to get away with it, whole things just pointless then.

It's not the same without people getting thrown out for doping. I reckon that Aussie female cyclist will be done next, someone with an arse that big shouldn't be so quick on a bike. Come on gold number 30 :P

It is a bit gutting to be 1 gold away from 30 but it's still been a great games, the best i've personally ever seen. Probably wasn't seen as being so good overseas, maybe you needed to be in the UK to feel the vibe and understand the opening/closing ceremonies in an emotional way but hopefully Brazil in 4 years will be just as good. I'll look forward to Brazil now with their samba atmosphere, watching it at 2am...

Got a while to go for that tho, i'll be coming up to my 30th birthday, oh god.

It's not the same without people getting thrown out for doping. I reckon that Aussie female cyclist will be done next, someone with an arse that big shouldn't be so quick on a bike. Come on gold number 30 :P

It is a bit gutting to be 1 gold away from 30 but it's still been a great games, the best i've personally ever seen. Probably wasn't seen as being so good overseas, maybe you needed to be in the UK to feel the vibe and understand the opening/closing ceremonies in an emotional way but hopefully Brazil in 4 years will be just as good. I'll look forward to Brazil now with their samba atmosphere, watching it at 2am...

Got a while to go for that tho, i'll be coming up to my 30th birthday, oh god.

had my 75th watching these

I might even see Australia win a football world cup by that time. Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales qualify for one, Liverpool win the PL and Man Utd get liquidated. Could be an interesting next 50 years.

It's not the same without people getting thrown out for doping. I reckon that Aussie female cyclist will be done next, someone with an arse that big shouldn't be so quick on a bike.

I know you're joking but I take that quite seriously, because there's a pretty decent chance Meares is on something better than whatever Pendleton was on. The Australian Institute of Sport is one of the most notorious places for encouraging and then concealing/protecting dopers. And cyclists go through the AIS, typically; track cyclists certainly do, so I would say there's a reasonable chance Meares is doped.

Not that it means Pendleton is clean. I'm pretty sure we're in an era now where things like the Seoul '88 100 m mens final (where all eight competitors were doped to the eyeballs!) is commonplace across most Olympic sports.