Wilfried Bony

milka

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you mean? Remember Newcastle scouts scouted Yohan Cabaye and Pappis Cisse, eventually leading to them being signed for a fee smaller than what they were worth. Going on that their scouts must be very good as Cisse and Cabaye have been very very good for them so I'd imagine by the time they are being linked with Bony he must be a good enough player to lead the line for Newcastle, who are a good team at the moment, with better forwards than we have so surely he'd be worth a punt and good enough for us?

Cisse has so far been a one season wonder, Cabaye granted is more consistent.

Just don't rate him, would prefer Falcao - price is irrelevant - proven quality is what we need...

Just don't rate him, would prefer Falcao - price is irrelevant - proven quality is what we need...

But proven quality does not guarantee success. A lot of proven players have gone elsewhere and not done as well.

Really i'd rather gamble with 10m than 60m.

Also Demba Ba, who has scored a lot of goals in the last two seasons in the PL.. Ben Arfa, Tiote and Santon too. Their scouting has been very very good. So I'd imagine they see a decent enough player in Bony to rival Cisse and Ba (who are better than Torres and Sturridge) as will our scouts so he'd probably be good enough for us going on that. We'll have to wait though, I don't think we'll buy Falcao due to FFP. If we were going to we'd have bought him in the summer I reckon.

I think Bony could be that player we sign that surprises everyone. If we sign him and he scores at least 10 goals from January on wards I'd be delighted. Especially for the 8-10 million as quoted. Also you're not compared to Drogba unless your good enough.

Fine buy him

As long as we are also buying Falcao I don't really give a fuck..

Heard it here first - he will be a complete waste of money - I'm happy to stand by my comment.

That sums it all up nicely - wont bother again in this thread :)

And if he's shit and City sign Falcao who's not?

That's a big fucking gamble!!!

Kudos if it works - look like real fucking chumps if it don't...

City signing Falcao is unlikely, i'm pretty sure they have FFP in mind over there and not to mention they already have 4 strikers who get the job done when called upon. Falcao is awesome but if Chelsea had the strikers Man city have how many people would still want him?

And anyway no way we would look like chumps for signing a 10m striker who doesn't set the world alight. It's not even a big gamble, it's just getting in someone for cheap who looks to be better than the options we have now.

Don't think we will buy two strikers in January. Falcao sounds rather improbable to me, because of the heavy pricetag and us having already made some expensive acquisitions. Of course, Bony will by a bigger gamble than Falcao but it is also much easier for a guy like Bony to pay off than for a 50m striker. Hence i would not say he is 5 so the cost/risk ratio is in his favour.

What I see in that video is promising, more promising than Lukaku right now. Sign him up Roman! May sound stupid that I'm judging him from a video but his finishing is brilliant, uses strength to knock defenders off balance for some of his goals too. I might watch Vitesse vs Twente tomorrow to see him play.

Mind you he's 4 years older than Lukaku. Like I've said before, I think we can do better, find a striker that's a bit more suitable to the style of play we're heading to.

We can't wait till the summer, we have won many games in-spite of Torres but how long can that go on? recently he has even stopped playing well, which used to be his one saving grace for me, and just does nothing for 90 minutes.

And if the Chelsea scouts have seen enough to think Bony is good enough, then i'm fine with that.

Personally I'd rather wait till the summer. I know Torres is frustrating right now but patience is a virtue. Wait till the summer where the market is a lot more open in my opinion. Then we can really choose.

Hey, we will probably try sign world class striker in winter like Falcao. But its big chance he wont go in january, same for Lewandowski, Jovetic, Cavani,...and I would love then us to sign someome like Bony, rather then we dont sign anyone at all and pray Torres willl se revelation...

However, 50mio is big money, even for us nowdays. What if our next 50mio striker turns into flop too? Besides we are short on strikers. With big name possibly comming, Torres will leave and maybe even Danny. Lukaku needs at least two/three years to play regulary for us. Therefore I will be most happy if we will have world class striker AND Bony as backup.

In January, I dont see any top striker comming, except maybe Falcao. And if he wont come either, Remy and Schurle remain along with Bony. Among these three I would love to see Bony as he seems good player and also he is less than 10mio. Even if he wont perform that well, it was 10 mio and he will be sold for that money if we will want to. But at least we will have an alternative to Torres and Danny. Im pretty sure he cant be worse than them btw.

He will probably need about month to get used

to it and then score on regular basis if he is meant to be great player. Profit for us in any way.

Newcastle have made good signings but lets be honest - are the likes of Demba Ba, Cisse, Santon, Tiote, Cabaye et al good enough to lead the club? How many of them would start for us? Some would say yes, but I believe we at CFC are more ambitious than that. Granted they're all very good players, none of them would get into a Real Madrid or Barcelona regularly. I think we at CFC are as big as the aforementioned so we should aim for players that are not only very good, but players that have the potential to fit in our playing style and the potential to be world class. I'm talking about signings like Oscar, Hazard - Benzema, di Maria - Alexis, Piqué, Alba etc... just a couple of examples. For our centre forward I want us to sign the next striking sensation. Someone that has the same potential as Hazard and Oscar. I don't see that with Bony - I think Bony can become a very good player - just not world class. That's all well and good but I think at CFC we can do better. Just my opinion.

Hey, we will probably try sign world class striker in winter like Falcao. But its big chance he wont go in january, same for Lewandowski, Jovetic, Cavani,...and I would love then us to sign someome like Bony, rather then we dont sign anyone at all and pray Torres willl se revelation...

However, 50mio is big money, even for us nowdays. What if our next 50mio striker turns into flop too? Besides we are short on strikers. With big name possibly comming, Torres will leave and maybe even Danny. Lukaku needs at least two/three years to play regulary for us. Therefore I will be most happy if we will have world class striker AND Bony as backup.

In January, I dont see any top striker comming, except maybe Falcao. And if he wont come either, Remy and Schurle remain along with Bony. Among these three I would love to see Bony as he seems good player and also he is less than 10mio. Even if he wont perform that well, it was 10 mio and he will be sold for that money if we will want to. But at least we will have an alternative to Torres and Danny. Im pretty sure he cant be worse than them btw.

He will probably need about month to get used

to it and then score on regular basis if he is meant to be great player. Profit for us in any way.

Again I wouldn't say that I want us to sign a world class striker, but what I do want is someone who has the potential to be. I don't see that with Bony - who knows, he might just become a world class player but I think the chances are slim. I would be a little bit disappointed if we signed him, but if he did of course I'd root for him - if he even went to prove me wrong then fine but like I said, I think we can do better.

Drogba. Dont let his price tag confuses you. He came for 24mio, but he was nothing realy special. And 26 already. He was similar to what

Loic Remy is now. A big gamble. Everyone

knew of the potential, but at age 26 and only one good season in France, he could never be world class. But he did. And Bony could become too.

Sure I would take Falcao, Cavani before Bony but if they wont, Bony or Loic Remy would be just fine. In summer, we can buy a world

class striker too. And if you want to find perfect player that fits our system most, well its Suarez. Ball control, finishing, headers, pl proven, young,...but with broken brain. Not saying he is not football inteligent, but his attitude is horrible indeed. I believe he could become more humble if he wanted to...

Newcastle have made good signings but lets be honest - are the likes of Demba Ba, Cisse, Santon, Tiote, Cabaye et al good enough to lead the club? How many of them would start for us? Some would say yes, but I believe we at CFC are more ambitious than that. Granted they're all very good players, none of them would get into a Real Madrid or Barcelona regularly. I think we at CFC are as big as the aforementioned so we should aim for players that are not only very good, but players that have the potential to fit in our playing style and the potential to be world class. I'm talking about signings like Oscar, Hazard - Benzema, di Maria - Alexis, Piqué, Alba etc... just a couple of examples. For our centre forward I want us to sign the next striking sensation. Someone that has the same potential as Hazard and Oscar. I don't see that with Bony - I think Bony can become a very good player - just not world class. That's all well and good but I think at CFC we can do better. Just my opinion.

There aren't many next striker sensations with the potential of Hazard and Oscar right now. Neymar... possibly El Sharaawy, Damaio and Lukaku (who we already have)... also Pato possibly if he can get fully fit and turn things around..

There aren't many next striker sensations with the potential of Hazard and Oscar right now. Neymar... possibly El Sharaawy, Damaio and Lukaku (who we already have)... also Pato possibly if he can get fully fit and turn things around..

Which is why I want us to wait till the summer, where there's bound to be more options.

Which is why I want us to wait till the summer, where there's bound to be more options.

We need to get someone in upfront in January at least though in case we get an injury. Even if its Bony who will be there to put pressure on Torres. As long as he makes a decent impact we can then go for a world class striker in the summer getting rid of Torres.

We need to get someone in upfront in January at least though in case we get an injury. Even if its Bony who will be there to put pressure on Torres. As long as he makes a decent impact we can then go for a world class striker in the summer getting rid of Torres.

If worst gets to worst, I'd rather much we recall Lukaku. No need to buy another striker just yet IMO. We still haven't seen Sturridge given a prolonged run in the team so I'd rather take my chances in January (unless the opportunity to get like a Cavani arrives at a decent price in January which is very unlikely) so that in the summer we're in a prime position to get a better striker than Torres and possibly offload Torres as well if we need to.

Remember, we're a squad in transition still, there is no need to rush our decisions. If we sign Bony in January we're with him for a long time because he's young and we aren't a selling club - barring something unnatural happens of course. Maybe during that time he'll develop into one of the supreme strikers in the world but my gut feeling tells me there'll probably be better options around.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You