FIFA Ultimate Team Thread

Melanicus

Spent 200k on 2 of those 100k packs (2 diff accounts) and got absolute sweet fuck all. Toure and Cole were my most valuable combined at like 50k, absolute bollocks. I'm now down to 450k :(

WTF Ollie? How?

I am trying really hard not to go online today because I know I will end up spending 100k...

That's a great pack lucky git. Nice one.

Funny watching everyone record theirs lol. This was a pretty good one

I'll record my next one. Need to find out how i can record my PS3 and add my voice, i'd like to do that.

My latest team.

http://www.ea.com/soccer/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#cv9BNtW0nICc0:ps3

Haven't been playing as much FIFA as usual lately due to frustration with lag BS as well as some retarded game settings in matches (slow + rain [+ lag] = unplayable hell) but still in Division 1 at the moment despite having been relegated a few times in the last month due to 5-6 games in a season being plagued by the aforementioned issues. I still find it strange that when you play at home you don't get to have your own hospitality settings every time...that should really be the case to make things a little more logical & realistic.

Anyway, just thought I'd post my curent team in case anyone actually cares - http://www.futhead.com/fifa/squads/3099502/

I'm pretty much loving every player & they all fit perfectly with my philosophy & style, so now I'm more than happy to stick with most of this team until I earn enough bank to afford what my real 'Ultimate Team' would be - http://www.futhead.com/fifa/squads/3099703/

But since I haven't bought the EA season ticket or spent any money on FIFA points etc...that's obviously going to take a while lol...

& I've simply given up on wasting coins on packs at this point because I can't think of a single time I have actually managed to get a genuinely good player in them. Fucking EA.

In case anyone is interested in how I play with that team: I'm not really into constant through balls & pace abuse & the contain button doesn't exist in my mind - basically the opposite of what the majority of division 1 players do for the entire match. I prefer to play slightly more realistic football & have as much control over my defending as possible.

I like to base much of my game on the idea of 'your opponent can't score if you have the ball'/'the best form of defense is offense' - so that involves 55-70% possession, 85-95% passing accuracy, way too much dribbling & a fairly strict shoot-on-sight policy wherever in their half I may be - I essentially avoid crossing at all costs. Probably say that around 60-70% of my goals are shots from outside the box - not into that sweaty shit if I can avoid it. My CBs also score a fuckload of headers off corners.

The trio of Gerrard, Lamps & Wilshere in the middle of the park are the backbone of the team, everything goes through them. Would recommend trying that combination out if you're into lots of passing & shooting from range, they've all scored some absolute screamers. They can also all be had for under 10K each so not like they're not worth a go.

But yer basically a very attacking yet also cautious side in possession, which is needed to break down better FIFA players as well as some of these fools who have 3 of their players chasing me around the pitch like headless chickens at times & fucking Eminike & Doumbia up front.

Anyway I'm considering either Maicon or IF Gerrard as my next purchases once I get around 100K+ since Johnson loses too many headers & gets caught up the field too often - & IF Gerrard's stats just look unreal. Anyone here used them & can possibly give me a bit of a review?

There might be an IF Lampard with like 90 shooting tomorrow. I like your team but pace is so vital on this game as it's abused so much. I think those Berbatov stats would be better moved into CM or something like that as his passing is also good. RVP is pretty cheap now.

I'm surprised that 'dream team' you want to create has everyone with 9 chem, gotta look at that for an example for me to create. I like it.

Yer that's what I'm hoping for, he probably won't command a ridiculous price either because as you say there is so much emphasis on pace for most UT players.

& yer I realise that my team's weakness is definitely pace-wise, but I guess I just don't place that much value on it in my own game.

I used to have Doumbia upfront in a Russian league-based hybrid when I was starting out, but due to my general style with more cautious build-up play from the midfield, I realised that far more of my goals against stronger players came from the Aimar/Moutinho/Witsel combination. I guess since my position as a player was in midfield, I'm naturally inclined to play FIFA like one too.

So the idea with Berbatov was to have what is basically another attacking midfielder up front - needed exceptional ball control, dribbling, passing & shooting so he could hold the ball up & play in the breaking midfielders as well as use the space created outside the box to finish from range. & he's basically the next best thing to RVP in that sense since I only had 50K to spend at the time & I had already been using the normal version of his card prior to that. It's a bonus that he can head pretty well too.

Was definitely tempted to just go for the typical Suarez/Torres/Balotelli - but I thought I'd be a little different than every other prem team I see & I really do love how classy he is as a player both on the game & in real life.

& the issue in D1 is that so many people have Chielini/Balzaretti/Luiz/Silva etc. in CB so plain pace isn't quite as effective against them. Obviously you need some pace on the wings though, which Dembele & Oscar provide plenty of for the most part, & in the middle of the park I can just bypass most of the opposition with neat one-twos or switch it out to the wings & eventually once they stand off me enough, I can open it up for Gerrard/Lamps to take a shot which generally results in a corner at the least.

I also find I get by fine defensively despite JT's 51 pace since I know how to defend properly & make tackles & I always find I can chase down most of the players that break through with Cole or Johnson's pace. Vertonghen also isn't as slow as I anticipated him to be. But yer I do have Luiz on the bench for the rare occasion that I come up against a pace abuser that I can't handle with JT :D

But thanks man, that dream team is perfect for how I play as far as I'm concerned - & I wanted 9 chem all round to make the most of it. Can't wait til the day I finally get to play a match with them! Gonna be pure ownage.

Feel free to use that as a template mate. You might consider using Hummels/Schweinsteiger in place of Ramos/Alonso or Kompany for Terry as well if you prefer, but I think Ramos's pace more than makes up for Terry's lack of it so it would seemingly work out well.

I'm similar, i don't like to use players that everyone else has. I could so easily just have Buffon, Chielini and Ogbonna as my GK and CBs or have Chielini paired with Kompany but that's too boring for me. i like to be unique. I create teams that nobody else will have but chemistry just ruins the whole concept most of the time but my team right now has links everywhere without being boring and without a striker with 90+ pace although i have an awesome one on the bench. Insigne is so close to Messi on this game and only a 75 rated crap player on paper.

I hate the prem teams that have Balotelli, Nasri and RVP like i hate the Bundesliga teams loaded with Dortmund players and i hate David Luiz with a passion, he's in every team. I'm happy with my team but really need one or 2 of my defenders to go IF.

You should be able to make your own IF's with like a million coins.

Also, like you can go CDM, CM, CAM, CF, ST etc you should be able to go LB, LWB, LW, LM too and also Chemistry needs to be ditched to make FUT ultra fun. I know you probably won't believe me but this will probably be my last FUT if it's the same next year, it's getting boring.

BTW there was an IF Lampard after Bolton Away last season, his price was mad. It never went lower than 800k... was a beast of a card.

Also they had Lampard, Cech, Drogba and Cole MOTM cards after Munich.

EA are so clever with their shit. I spent £50 last year trying to get Lampard after Bolton :(

Look at this guys FIFA 12 team... that is mental.

Team of the year on Monday. Last year EA put the defenders and GK in packs like 2 hours after the event then the put midfielders and forwards in every few days. Now... i've put my bank details back on my PS3, call me mad but i have to do it. When they put the whole team in packs all together, i am gonna smack on 9,200 fifa points which is 60 packs and they will be my last packs on Ultimate team. I will record it and show you the best packs i get. Should be fun.

Team of the year on Monday. Last year EA put the defenders and GK in packs like 2 hours after the event then the put midfielders and forwards in every few days. Now... i've put my bank details back on my PS3, call me mad but i have to do it. When they put the whole team in packs all together, i am gonna smack on 9,200 fifa points which is 60 packs and they will be my last packs on Ultimate team. I will record it and show you the best packs i get. Should be fun.

MAAAD, but I still want to see it. :D

I have waisted 400k trying to get IF Lampard, I did not get him and I realise I could have just bought him, LOL.

• 2 weeks later...
How much money you have?

Are you actually good with a back 4? I suck...

I have 60k left. That team took all of my coins. Had to sell most of my IF silvers to get Alonso. I had Madrid Diarra in his place before and won every game.

I'm ok with 4 atb. I refuse to use anyone in the defence with high attacking work rate as you get destroyed on the counter. Added to that, pace at the back always helps.

I have 60k left. That team took all of my coins. Had to sell most of my IF silvers to get Alonso. I had Madrid Diarra in his place before and won every game.

I'm ok with 4 atb. I refuse to use anyone in the defence with high attacking work rate as you get destroyed on the counter. Added to that, pace at the back always helps.

But how much money did it cost?

I only play 3-5-2, the only formation that seems to work. I always used 4-3-2-1, but it does not work in Fifa 13.