FIFA Ultimate Team Thread

Melanicus

If anyone is struggling to gain coins, I strongly advise you watch this video! SmarbaTV is an excellent YouTuber but he's surprisingly got little followers compared to the big guys! He deserves more! I'm trying so hard to follow it but I've only got just under 10,000 coins so it's hard to do it like in the video!

People who have around 30-40k coins have a good chance of doing this if they're struggling!

The IF's are in the positions they actually played so if Man City used him in LM, it would have to be LM lol. Bit like Mata, the price will decrease as they are both not really quick for wingers on FIFA but very strong cards nonetheless. IF Mata still goes for over 350k. His stats are insane.

Anyone notice a couple of players scoring 3 and 4 goals respectfully today? Oh yeah Ronaldo and Messi... there's gonna be a huge influx of spending by people from Wednesday as there will be SIF Messi (96) and IF Ronaldo (93).

Also, first week of February may bring upgrades to players like last year so that should be interesting.

I've got around 270k but i have a huge problem. My team attack too much and i concede so many fucking goals. This is my main team http://www.ea.com/soccer/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#jtJKPL6BnIS99:ps3

I enjoy using it but Ramires gets too tired and my full backs leave me so fucking exposed. I'll probably use some coins to try n get Ronaldo n Messi TOTW but i really need some IF defenders with a bit of pace.

Also i have a ST called Insigne from Napoli, he's insanely good and fun to use but i feel cheap because he's so quick lol. So reluctant to play him because i love using IF Matri and IF Defoe. On FIFA, 85 pace doesn't even seem enough, i hate the players who play this game.

I would but i like my team to have as much of an English league team feel as possible so like all the English players. I will just stick to it i think and try not to be so gung ho.

Here is what i created with the 18k:

http://www.ea.com/soccer/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#eumoYPjfnIPKc:ps3

Pretty pleased, will play my first game with that team tomorrow.

I'd use Armero as LM instead of Zuniga (same club and Nationality). Armero has great stats, also good defence and he has 80 in crossing. Or get the LB version and link him with Zuniga. He's a good player to have whether its LB or LM although can be exposed a bit at LB.

I would but i like my team to have as much of an English league team feel as possible so like all the English players. I will just stick to it i think and try not to be so gung ho.

I'd use Armero as LM instead of Zuniga (same club and Nationality). Armero has great stats, also good defence and he has 80 in crossing. Or get the LB version and link him with Zuniga. He's a good player to have whether its LB or LM although can be exposed a bit at LB.

I sold everyone in that squad i posted because 4-4-2 really sucks, but i will see if i can get him for my new team - It's either him or Balzaretti atm.

4-4-2 sucks if you don't like crossing lol. 4-4-2 is my formation though, always used it because it's best for making 2 league teams with 9 chem for each player. Either that or 4-2-2-2.

Really considering IF Samuel again but he's so slow. Bought and sold him about 3 times lol but he has like 89 strength, 97 interceptions, 97 standing tackles and 97 marking. It's just everyone uses Aubemeyang with Remy, Welliton with Pato or Reus with Esswein.

IF Messi and Ronaldo on weds, perishing the thought of spending more money.

I am still pissed IF Silva is not at CAM. It fucks everything I had planned....

On the topic of pace and formation, the only ones that work (on an online level) is 4-1-2-1-2, 4-3-2-1, 4-3-3 and 3-5-2. I have one the Div1 three times (when I had a team of course) and never got relagated.

I have smashed out the coins to try n get Messi or Ronaldo and it's still proving to be fruitless. I've gotten 4 TOTW players, Podolski, Trapp, Salvio and Icardi but FFFFSSSS i just cannot get the main 2 for the life of me.

It is funny though, after a certain time, it only comes up "won a rare gold player" if he's 87 rated or higher i've noticed. Got Hazard, Reus, Higuain, Ashley Cole and Icardi in the last hour, all using coins. I nearly discarded the Icardi guy until i realised his card was dark, just looked like a rare silver. Reminded me of FUT 12 when i got a TOTW Silver in a gold pack, it was some guy from Olympiacos who ended up going for 107k, i was like WTF!! That on a silver, nutter! Anyway i should recoup around 150k in the next hour.

Only on FIFA you can get a 74 rated silver player with 73 pace and 79 shooting and a gold player 84 rated with 90 pace and 84 shooting, the gold player went for 7,500 coins, the silver for 60,000. Seriously messed up shite.

Looking for an IF Baines on Wednesday, will go straight in my team and sell Ashley Cole because he's used by everyone, boring player. Was waiting for IF Baines for ages, now it looks like he's coming wooo!

My fucking trade profit because of getting so many packs is like -1,000,000 lmao so funny to see, it's hardly my fault though, i mean the packs are usually awful. One of my packs discarded for 800 ish coins earlier. 7,500? Yeah.. ok.

I've probably opened in excess of 5,000 packs. No Messi or Ronaldo in any? Complete farce. I've had all the rest, i've had Rooney twice, Vidic, Thiago Silva, David Silva, Bale, IF Thiago Silva, Reus about 8 times, Di Maria 3 times, Dani Alves, Buffon twice, Casillas, Pirlo, Fabregas twice, Sneijder about 4 times, IF Podolski, Ashley Cole about 5 times, Chielini, Yaya Toure 3 times or so, Alonso about 3 times, Hazard twice, Suarez 3 times, Torres, i mean fuck me i've had some gems 86+'s but what's so different about getting a Messi or Ronaldo, even the normal versions?

They are gold rares, i get some gold rares (Diouf for example in Bundesliga) all the time, what's the difference? ok 90 rating to 75 rating but does that mean that 90 rated players are impossible to get? I've been on FUT since FIFA 10 and i've NEVER got a Messi or a Ronaldo. Never will i guess. So frustrating wasting coins and money to get scammed by EA.

Only on FIFA you can get a 74 rated silver player with 73 pace and 79 shooting and a gold player 84 rated with 90 pace and 84 shooting, the gold player went for 7,500 coins, the silver for 60,000. Seriously messed up shite.

Some people play exclusively with silvers, so most of the top end ones and IF's are overpriced. I've always preferred silvers, makes the game far more enjoyable in my experience. In the past, the higher rated my team was, the worse it would play.

I do understand it but it turns out like the Gold matches anyway because the hardcore guys will do what they can to have Agbonlahor and Jerome up front, just pace whoring. It's just easier to stop with Gold defenders. The best Silver players are more expensive than the top god players it seems. Silver vs Silver is more unequal than gold vs gold. I love creating Gold teams with unpopular IFs / players. That's why i'm so hoping for an IF Baines on Weds. I just love creating unique unpopular teams and playing against the hardcore boring twats n stuffing em big style.

After my eventful day i'm done on 300k and i'll make sure i never go bellow 300k, it's a good amount.