FIFA Ultimate Team Thread

Melanicus

Indeed, but you face a wider variety of teams with silvers as the top end ones are so expensive (Like Agbonlahor is over 100k). Compare that to Welliton who is probably less than 5k, so pretty much anyone can get him and I'm guessing you will face him or similar players a lot.

Indeed, but you face a wider variety of teams with silvers as the top end ones are so expensive (Like Agbonlahor is over 100k). Compare that to Welliton who is probably less than 5k, so pretty much anyone can get him and I'm guessing you will face him or similar players a lot.

Yeah, every team almost has Welliton with Pato, Reus with Esswein or Remy with Aubemayang (however u spell that) They are all cheap as shit. I don't play to win like them, i play to have fun and create different teams but some people are so boring. You do have a point, i just don't like using players with 60-70 passing lol.

I'm really hoping for an IF Baines on Weds to get rid of Cole as he's the only English LB worth having atm. Baines' stats are shocking.

Opened a few packs (WITH COINS!!), opened 3 7500 packs and got some Dutch guy. Thought he went for about 120k until i looked at the market.

robben_zps34328c9e.png

Handy.

Mate, sorry, but - ARE YOU FUCKING HIGH?!?!!

How could you sell that absolute beast?!!! I can only dream of the day I finally get my hands on that card... :(

I know I probably sound like an absolute nutter to you, but I would rather have him over Ronaldo or Messi any day. Just saying...

Mate, sorry, but - ARE YOU FUCKING HIGH?!?!!

How could you sell that absolute beast?!!! I can only dream of the day I finally get my hands on that card... :(

I know I probably sound like an absolute nutter to you, but I would rather have him over Ronaldo or Messi any day. Just saying...

LOL :lol:

I think he sold Robben because he already has a decent team and the prices are dropping like hell due to the lack of buyers (not much activity and most people already bought who they wanted). Ollie will be able to buy 2 Robbens in a couple of months with 287k...

Buy yeah, I prefer him than Messi (not Ronaldo though, I would have one on each wing)!

LOL :lol:

I think he sold Robben because he already has a decent team and the prices are dropping like hell due to the lack of buyers (not much activity and most people already bought who they wanted). Ollie will be able to buy 2 Robbens in a couple of months with 287k...

Buy yeah, I prefer him than Messi (not Ronaldo though, I would have one on each wing)!

Nawwwww yer I know that in all reality dude :blush:

At the end of the day, a lot of UT is about making BANK - & even more so if you've put actual real-life money into it too. I guess I just haven't really delved into the whole trading & pack-lottery aspect since it's my first year playing so I just enjoy using the players I like in real-life & scrounging together whatever I can as I try to build my true 'Ultimate Team' that I hope to have by the end of the season. (This one here - http://www.futhead.com/fifa/squads/3099703/)

Thing is Robben is probably the most elusive piece of that grand-scheme seeing as I'm probably fairly poor in comparison to most players (the most I have spent on a player so far is IF Lamps & IF Wilshere for just under 60K each - so if I ever did somehow pull him in a pack, there is no way in hell I would even consider selling him for a single second :P

But that's just me I guess ha...

I have a Prem / Serie A team, he doesn't exactly work in that lol so saving up the coins. Back to 500k but just used another 100k to try n pull a messi or ronaldo lol, if i did i'd give you Robben for free! 400k left which is ok, and i swear i'm not going to go below that. I still play FUT an awful lot so by the end of the week i'll be on 500k ish due to playing matches relentlessly. If there was no chemistry, maybe i woulda kept him. I also hate left footers on the right wing.

Robben has 2 star week foot. Not good for crossing on the right. He's easy to play against.

By the way, anyone tried out Coutinho in their team before as a CAM? Thinking of snapping up his new card along with Sturridge's once they've dropped so I can rotate them in & save some coins on fitness cards...

This is my current first XI at the moment if anyone's interested: http://www.futhead.com/fifa/squads/3099502/

Been having to sub Luiz on for Vertonghen in some matches to deal with the ever-more-prominent pace-abusers...& Baines is getting a few games here & there since I enjoy playing with him when Cole needs a bit of a rest - though he does leave a little to be desired defensively. Fingers crossed his IF isn't going to be completely over-priced because that is a card I would definitely love to have :D

This is my current first XI at the moment if anyone's interested: http://www.futhead.com/fifa/squads/3099502/

Been having to sub Luiz on for Vertonghen in some matches to deal with the ever-more-prominent pace-abusers...& Baines is getting a few games here & there since I enjoy playing with him when Cole needs a bit of a rest - though he does leave a little to be desired defensively. Fingers crossed his IF isn't going to be completely over-priced because that is a card I would definitely love to have :D

Sell Berbatov and Terry (I know, but he sucks). Buy Sturridge (or anyother striker with 80+ pace) and put Luiz in the starting lineup!

I dont expect you to do any of this, but your team will improve a lot with these changes...

I have a Prem / Serie A team, he doesn't exactly work in that lol so saving up the coins. Back to 500k but just used another 100k to try n pull a messi or ronaldo lol, if i did i'd give you Robben for free! 400k left which is ok, and i swear i'm not going to go below that. I still play FUT an awful lot so by the end of the week i'll be on 500k ish due to playing matches relentlessly. If there was no chemistry, maybe i woulda kept him. I also hate left footers on the right wing.

Robben has 2 star week foot. Not good for crossing on the right. He's easy to play against.

Oh fuck man! Now I'm definitely praying for you to get a Messi/Ronaldo if it means I might get a free Robben haha! :getin:

In all seriousness though, I was just playing - since he doesn't fit your team or playing style, 287K is a fuckload of bonus coins to have lying around! Like I said, I'm poor & I've given up on packs having never pulled anything of meaningful value to myself or the market, so I guess I overvalue such rare players like Robben, who for the moment, I can only dream of playing with one day.

& yer I love cutting in from the wings & smashing home ridiculous shots so he is pretty much the perfect right sided player for me to have, just as Hazard is on the left. Crossing sucks for the way that I play to be honest...so for the most part I just don't bother ha

Well i play 4-4-2 so crossing is essential for me. i have Jarvis on the left who has 5 star weak foot and 86 crossing, plus 91 pace... great value of you ask me, bout 1,000 coins or less. And i have Lichtsteiner on the other side again with 86 crossing and 84 sprint speed and then i have IF Matri and IF Defoe. Matri's great in the air. 88 jumping, 82 heading, 96 finishing, 86 sprint speed. Great for my way of playing. 4-4-2 is rarely used in FUT but i need to make the most of it. Whole team has 9 chem too. Sometimes it's so fun to use.

WOW. How much do you guys actually spend on FUT?

I've only opened about 75 packs max! I thought my team was decent but bloody hell! Here's mine though still:

http://www.futhead.com/fifa/squads/5200295/

You have to try n maximize each player with 9 chemistry or your players movement will be shit as hell. I tried IF Milner in CM with 5 chem and he was so bad, he just got fucking lost, i use his normal version and he's really good. I sold Mata because his strength and tackling, interceptions etc is crap for a CM in 4-4-2 and i sold Ramires because everyone uses him, he's boring. Really considering putting Rooney in there but i hate him in real life lol, i'm like that.

I want someone that no one else has. I had IF Sigurdsson but he was too slow and his passing was a bit wayward. i hate Jack Wilshere, i'd never put Gerrard in instead of Lampard but Lampard is too slow too. It's hard. Also, as i'm using half Prem half Serie A, i need my CM to have a proper link either a Chelsea player, a West ham player or an Englishman. I'd like to use IF De Guzman but he's dutch and will only have 7 Chem, so annoying! Maybe i should pair him with Sneijder but then my defence would be weak in the midfield and Sneijder is also too overused.

There's a lot to creating hybrids. Dembele would work well though, linking with Defoe but his normal version is pretty crap, need an IF Dembele. Also i'm severely hoping for an IF Baines on Weds. Might buy Dembele n try him anyway, just a shame he's left footed, 2 star weak foot, 66 finishing, 71 long passing and shit defence. Hmm decisions, decisions. It's easy for you 1 boring league noobs :P

WOW. How much do you guys actually spend on FUT?

I've only opened about 75 packs max! I thought my team was decent but bloody hell! Here's mine though still:

http://www.futhead.com/fifa/squads/5200295/

I have spent about three times what I paid on FIFA, lol.

But that was only about half of my coins, I trade a lot. I trade more than I play...

Well first off...

HOLY FUCKBALLS!!

Your team might just be the best I have ever seen on UT! Well jel mate, not gonna lie. How you were able to afford all of that is completely beyond me. I just don't know what to say. Your players are ridiculous. & I wish I had that team.

Fuck you.

:halo:

Sell Berbatov and Terry (I know, but he sucks). Buy Sturridge (or anyother striker with 80+ pace) and put Luiz in the starting lineup!

I dont expect you to do any of this, but your team will improve a lot with these changes...

Haha yer Ollie told me pretty much the same thing a while back regarding my lack of pace in the team - but I guess it just isn't really part of my game, or at least the part that I place the most empthasis on. I enjoy patient build up play more akin to real life football & I guess I like to score 'pretty' goals lol. Don't really just send through balls over the top to my fastest players like most people seem to be doing these days on UT. That seems far more like luck or sheer pace abuse rather than actual skill most of the time to me...

But yer, Berba is simply a wizard for me with his unreal ball control & dribbling along with some of the best finishing stats in the game. Around the box he is just so deadly with his dribbling, it feels like the ball is glued to his feet haha, & always cleans up any scraps. I love how pace abusers just try to knick the ball off him with OP defenders since they think his pace makes him sluggish, but then I can just roll them at will & smash it into the top corner.

& I needed a forward with excellent passing & the ability to hold up the ball to bring my truly deadly players (Lamps/Gerrard/Suarez/Dembele) into the game - & that's exactly what he provides. Basically being an extra midfielder, which is what I wanted.

He's just the perfect striker for the way that I play - at least until I get my hands on RVP ha. I'm really only looking at Sturridge's pace as an cheaper option for random games where I decide to change it up & rotate my first team a bit or possibly a super sub so I can get some sweaty goals & lob it over the top when my opponents are pressing like fuck. Maybe if he's good enough I'll consider making him a more permanent fixture, but I somehow doubt he will be able to eclipse Berba.

I mean this is pretty meaningless considering the kind of players that you have at your disposal - but if you've got 40K lying around, it's worth trying him out even just for the experience - cuz he just feels amazing to play with if you can deal without pace & has scored some sickeningly good goals for me.

As for JT - no way in hell am I ever getting rid of him! I have no idea what kind of team you have used him in - I'm guessing you dislike the fact he has like 50 pace - but he could not be further from sucking for me. He's captain for a reason. Absolute beast at the back with countless vital goalsaving tackles/blocks/headers/interceptions - & he is also one of my top goalscorers since he is so OP from corners. Too many insane 90th minute headers for him to be dropped unless I can spare losing the game in a cup or something with Coloccini in his place haha.

& Vertonghen is so fucking sick dude! He has scored almost as many headers as Terry, but can also launch 40 yard+ screamers & scores so many scraps from corners thanks to that cannon of a left foot.

But yer, against blatant pace-abusers I do put Luiz in there so he can track all of the runs & cover for JT. It works out since my wing backs are generally pacy enough to catch up with most breakaways. Definitely looking at getting Kompany to do that though once his price drops a little bit more hopefully since Luiz/Vertonghen's work rates can be a pain sometimes when I lose the ball in the opposition half. & I also want Maicon as soon as I can afford him since Johnson is probably the weakest point of my first XI.

To be honest, for the way I play mate, my team does pretty much exactly what I want it to, so as important as pace is in UT - I do enjoy having a more unorthodox & unique team to the majority of other players.

If I didn't get random DNFs due to EA signing me out in the middle of matches & 2-4 unplayably-laggy games every season, I would have won Division 1 quite a few times by now I would imagine. I would say almost 60%+ of the games I have lost overall have been due to those causes alone - the rest have been my own fault. But can't do anything about EA's bullshit servers obviously...