Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Don't necessarily think signing a stop-gap or two for this coming season would be a bad thing. We need to ensure we finish in the CL places at all costs.

After Drogba, Zlatan is my all time favorite striker so I'd have him here for a year or two no questions asked. He's still highly effective and would destroy the majority of PL defenses. He's also a player who opposing teams fear even if he's not scoring. Just his huge presence is intimidating and forces defenders to remain weary.

Unfortunately, I think he'll follow Mourinho to United. 

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't mind him as a stop-gap either if we sell Costa. He'd light a fire under other players' butts with his attitude and status. Doesn't rely on pace, still in exemplary physical shape despite age, clinical finisher. Legendary striker. And his nose still hasn't reached England.

1 hour ago, Yeboii said:

I thought Eto'o did well here!

I thought he was average I expected more from eto'o when he joined Chelsea but his hat trick against utd was a lovely moment tho :D

On 15. 3. 2016 at 10:51 PM, Beigl said:

I would rather sign a young striker like Dybala. I really don't like Ibrahimovic, he is similar to Mourinho and likes to speak garbage to the press.

True but he is still a ''legend''. He spices up the football world.

Wouldnt take him now, considering he is slowly going down, mostly because right now, we need different type of players, either young or those who can give us at least few good years of top football. With Ibra, we would have stop gap, but next season, we would have to rebuild again and so and so on.

But a fun player to watch.

15 hours ago, the wes said:

Eto'o was doing the same as well but he didn't turn out so great for Chelsea 

Eto'o relied on his pace to get goals, Torres relied on acceleration . Zlatan is more like Drogba who uses his size and strength although Zlatan has more skills than anyone I've just mentioned. 

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Stop gap, after stop gap, after stop gap.

Buy and introduce young and hungry players and stop fucking about with the likes of this guy.

Normally I'd agree completely but Zlatan is still one of the 5 best strikers in the world despite his "old" age. Him firing us into the top 4 on a 1 year contract and then fucking off to MLS for one last mega contract doesn't sound bad at all.

What a morale boost to our current players it would be to see Zlatan swagger through the door at Cobham. If only...

Just now, Pizy said:

Normally I'd agree completely but Zlatan is still one of the 5 best strikers in the world despite his "old" age. Him firing us into the top 4 on a 1 year contract and then fucking off to MLS for one last mega contract doesn't sound bad at all.

What a morale boost to our current players it would be to see Zlatan swagger through the door at Cobham. If only...

It may also be a massive kick in the nuts for a kid like Traore who has already shown he can not only compete, but score too.

17 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

It may also be a massive kick in the nuts for a kid like Traore who has already shown he can not only compete, but score too.

Would playing second fiddle behind Zlatan be any different from playing second behind Costa, though? If Conte sets up similarly to how he has in the past we'll need plenty of strikers.

19 hours ago, Yeboii said:
2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Stop gap, after stop gap, after stop gap.

Buy and introduce young and hungry players and stop fucking about with the likes of this guy.

I agree with u on this one mate we should go for Embolo instead of ibra I know he's young and inexperienced but look the way martial has paid off at utd and I think Embolo could do the same at Chelsea

7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Would playing second fiddle behind Zlatan be any different from playing second behind Costa, though? If Conte sets up similarly to how he has in the past we'll need plenty of strikers.

I fully expect the club to send out Traore because if Zlatan walks through the door he's immediately down the pecking order. I want the kid to learn on the field, not just the training field.

3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

I fully expect the club to send out Traore because if Zlatan walks through the door he's immediately down the pecking order. I want the kid to learn on the field, not just the training field.

Yeah, I could see that. Don't think we have a chance at signing him so you can breath easy. 

4 hours ago, the wes said:

I agree with u on this one mate we should go for Embolo instead of ibra I know he's young and inexperienced but look the way martial has paid off at utd and I think Embolo could do the same at Chelsea

yeah, we need to rebuild our talent stock, after the mourinho sales

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You