Eden Hazard

the wes

So, after watching a couple of Messi match comps before he became a CF, I take back the "not turning him into a goalscorer " comments and I'm now convinced he could be that player. He could potentially be a 30+ goal a season player.

It's definitely going to take a change in mentality for it to work though. I feel he's too nonchalant in attacking situations and his first instinct is to look for the pass (even in 1 v 1 situations!) when he has the ability to burn pretty much any defender in the League. I really do wish he would be more aggressive at times but maybe it's a case Eden himself being unaware of how frightening his potential is and perhaps Mou could be the catalyst in him getting there.

So, after watching a couple of Messi match comps before he became a CF, I take back the "not turning him into a goalscorer " comments and I'm now convinced he could be that player. He could potentially be a 30+ goal a season player.

It's definitely going to take a change in mentality for it to work though. I feel he's too nonchalant in attacking situations and his first instinct is to look for the pass (even in 1 v 1 situations!) when he has the ability to burn pretty much any defender in the League. I really do wish he would be more aggressive at times but maybe it's a case Eden himself being unaware of how frightening his potential is and perhaps Mou could be the catalyst in him getting there.

I totally agree with you on this, but I think that's something that will come with experience and confidence in this league. When he does put his foot down he can absolutely destroy teams but I think our system had a part to play in him being somewhat reticent to do so. The support wasn't always fast enough in getting forward so if he did break he could get isolated quickly and if he lost the ball there'd be massive gaps around the pitch, and that's something Benitez simply wouldn't tolerate.

Unfortunately the last time he put his foot down his hamstring went (against Villa) but it was actually a rare sight this season, him going on the outside of full-backs and beating them for pace. Hopefully he'll have a summer to recover and come back to a new system that allows him a lot more freedom a la Ronaldo at Madrid.

Oh and as for that Monaco story.....silly season has officially arrived. We don't need to sell him, he doesn't want to leave and the price is about 50% of what we would realistically demand.

This injury isn't sounding very promising. What's the worst that can happen with a hamstring? Can it fuck you permanently? Especially for someone who has such explosive pace as Eden.

No, there won't be any permanent damage. It's just hard to guage how healthy it is until you push it and often times that results in aggravating the injury. A decent rest and resisting the urge to get back into training is what he needs to do. Otherwise, it will resurface again because like you said, he's such an explosive player.

Just saw on belgian tv that he is 100% fit.

He made a light training session yesterday about 50min or something but today the full training.

No pain at all, but i'm not sure that he will start this friday vs Serbia. They don't want to rush him

Just saw on belgian tv that he is 100% fit.

He made a light training session yesterday about 50min or something but today the full training.

No pain at all, but i'm not sure that he will start this friday vs Serbia. They don't want to rush him

Ohh thanks God he is fit, I really was worry for him for next season.

i just hope that he could stay the all game on the bench this friday and then take 1 month of Holliday and come back fresh and sexy :D

hello, love, thanks for letting me know about this forum. It's amazing ;)

I'm all for him being back fresh and sexy ;)

As much as i hope he isnt played at all on friday,Wilmots will probably still use him,he's a special player for us and we only want him to get better not relapsaing because of an aggravated injury.he clearly needs rest to be fit and sharp for next season.the thought of how good he could become under Mourinho is really mind-blowing

I don't expect him to start actually.

Probably Witsel, Fellaini & Dembele in a triangle in CM + Mirallas & Debruyne on the wings. Benteke will be the striker.

I expect Eden to come is as a sub around 60' for Mirallas or KDB.

I am pretty sure he will start.

In fact, slightly off topic, this could be the lineup:

Courtois

Alderweireld, Kompany, Vertonghen,Lombaerts

Dembele Witsel

De Bruyne Hazard Chadli

Benteke

At least, I hope it is