Eden Hazard

the wes

He didn't play a good game today, he can do better. He got substituted just after half time (was it 50 minutes, 55? Not sure... I think 55mins after the 1-2.) Belgium played great after the sub. So not a great game for Eden. But as a Belgian who has seen him play many times before, I know he can do better. So I'm not one of the "he's hyped, he's not as good as everybody says"-guys. I know he's good. He just didn't show it at all today.

Well he never showed it for the Belgian squad, this was a fairly normal game for him. The only bit of difference is that usually he ball-jerks a bit more on the side slowing the game, luckily he didn't get the ball that much keeping the pace in the game.

He's a great player but you need the right system for him to flourish, if I was the national coach I wouldn't even call him up. I would put Chadli / Mertens / De Bruyne in his position before I would consider him, hell even Legear can have a go for me.

I'm sure he'll do great for Chelsea in the future but he'll need time, the referees also need time to actually see that he doesn't dive just because he's a technical player.

Well he's never performed for Belgium has he?, but it's still a reason to be concerned about him that's for sure.

As long as he shines for us at club level, can't be bothered what he does with Belgium. Even Messi and Ronaldo have not replicated their club form with Argentina and Portugal respectively.

Well he never showed it for the Belgian squad, this was a fairly normal game for him. The only bit of difference is that usually he ball-jerks a bit more on the side slowing the game, luckily he didn't get the ball that much keeping the pace in the game.

He's a great player but you need the right system for him to flourish, if I was the national coach I wouldn't even call him up. I would put Chadli / Mertens / De Bruyne in his position before I would consider him, hell even Legear can have a go for me.

I'm sure he'll do great for Chelsea in the future but he'll need time, the referees also need time to actually see that he doesn't dive just because he's a technical player.

There was only pace when there were the 4 changes of Dembele, Mertens Lukaku and De Bruyne around the hour mark.

Especially Lukaku and Mertens who were running at their defence.

The Dutch midfield wasn't even trying and was watching them run.

It was a friendly with no real intensity in both sides. At the end of the match, the dutch players were even smiling with the belgians.

Well he's never performed for Belgium has he?, but it's still a reason to be concerned about him that's for sure.

That's not completely true. He's not that outstanding as in Lille, but he has had a lot of very good games for Belgium. Problem is that a national team is always more difficult for the big stars, when also other players can decide games (look at Van Persie, Messi, Ribery,...). It's a little bit searching the right way to play together without a lot of training. In Belgium, people expect him to lead the team, create openings, dribble 3 players, give the assist and score the goal. Three times per match. Well, that's not realistic. He has not had a lot of exceptional games (some, but not a lot), but also never a really bad game.

He didn't play a lot with the previous coach (only 2 or 3 matches in the starting 11), but he still was decisive in a lot of matches.

1:55 If Chadli played one time Eden was on way to goal..

Not the first time i see that sometimes he needs to get the ball quicker, his play is just faster, let's hope the guys at Cfc understand that. In pre-season it happend to..

You've lost your mind!

Mertens is a good sub but he's a all or nothing player. 1 good match vs. 3 bad ones...

Chadli slows things down, just nog good enough for this level. He should've passed the ball to Hazard for the 2-0 but he went for personal success....

Eden got by far the most assist for an attacking player in the national squad & that with limited game time! so where do you get that shit??

He only got the chance to start 2 matches last campaign (& got subbed after 60') other matches he could play 20'... Just because the coach didnt like him!!

& yes he should be used in a proper way, not like they do now... On the other hand, he wasnt fit yesterday.

DeBruyne should play off course, as he got great vision & a perfect pass.

This is what a bad game looks like for Hazard :D

Cant really say he played "bad" off course. Its more like he didnt bring enough for his standards...

But with every pass you see that he speeds up the game, not like some idiot said in the previous page! He plays forward almost every time & that is with a risk/hazard, every pass forward created danger.

If he got that one trough ball (the 1-2) directly he would have been on side & that would've been Hazard vs. their goalie!

1:55 If Chadli played one time Eden was on way to goal..

Not the first time i see that sometimes he needs to get the ball quicker, his play is just faster, let's hope the guys at Cfc understand that. In pre-season it happend to..

spot on. The only one that thinks as fast as him in the squad, is De Bruyne!

there was another situation where Chadli shoudve layed the ball off to Hazard but he went for personal success. Hazard outrun his defender & had a free shooting chance vs the keeper on 16m... but he didnt get the ball :(

Situations that could've changed his match from average to great...

I didn't see the match, as i was watching england and brazil on my laptop but based on highlights he didn't have a great game, but it seems to have hardly been bad, couple of promising runs before being hacked down (a site we will no doubt get used to very soon), and as others said, would have been one on one with a better pass... Didn't see the whole thing so clearly could be missing something, but i know of plenty of players whose "bad" games are so much worse than that...