Eden Hazard

the wes

I hope, he doesn't 'use' Chelsea in order to join Real Madrid or barcelona later. That interview on the French radio station in the afternoon made me a little worried about it, but hopefully i'm just too paranoid :)

Btw, welcome to Chelsea, Eden!

I hope, he doesn't 'use' Chelsea in order to join Real Madrid or barcelona later. That interview on the French radio station in the afternoon made me a little worried about it, but hopefully i'm just too paranoid :)

Btw, welcome to Chelsea, Eden!

Hes only 21, you can't expect a player to stay at a club until they retire, not in this day and age.

He's ours now, and won't be going anywhere for a while.

Hes only 21, you can't expect a player to stay at a club until they retire, not in this day and age.

He's ours now, and won't be going anywhere for a while.

I didn't expect that, but I don't want those players to join us, that later want to join a so called bigger club. I know that Chelsea is not his last club, but it would be good to have him for 8-9 years, rather than for 3-4 years.

I didn't expect that, but I don't want those players to join us, that later want to join a so called bigger club. I know that Chelsea is not his last club, but it would be good to have him for 8-9 years, rather than for 3-4 years.

Yeah hope he stays that long too, just have to see what happens

First people were paranoid about whether he was trolling us, now they're paranoid about whether he'll go to Madrid in the future...

True. Overthinking can drive one mad, it's not healthy. I don't know how about you guys, but I won't waste another brain cell on the Hazard saga. The official announcement was meant to relieve your nerves, but instead I see people now foaming over Real and Barca, ridiculous. If he decides to move on later in his career, then fine, it's not like everybody we sign have to be Lampards or Drogbas. Just enjoy watching him play.

We have his signature on a long contract which stretches to his peak age, that is the only solid fact we have right now and it's a pretty damn good one. I will be back in the transfer thread in some years when rumours about his imminent transfer start circulating, but meanwhile... chill.

If he does end up going, we'll probably get a big amount of money for him. So, it's all good.

^^ This. If he ends up having a Chelsea career similar to that of Mr Ronaldo at United, in terms of trophies won and performances produced, before departing for Madrid 4 or 5 seasons on for double/triple the money we paid for him, I won't be too disheartened.

I happen to think that he may take a season or two before we really see the best from him. But when we see the best, I do mean THE BEST!

Wow heard this great (expected) news first thing in the morning.

@Real - If he wants to play in a competitive league he'll stay in EPL. Real and Barca are where players go to feel good about scoring a lot of goals against sub-par opponents, and claim they've broken every record.

That quote is being blown out of proportion. I don't know whether or not you speak French, but none of the english translations really did the question justice. The hosts of the show asked him why he chose Chelsea over big clubs like Barca or Real Madrid. THEY made him mention those teams. The transcripts omitted that. He responded by saying that chelsea was a big club too, and that he would get more playing time at Stamford Bridge anyway. His quote was without any hesitation and he didn't indicate any desire to play at those clubs whatsoever. In fact, throughout the interview, he was rather emphatic in his choice of words, and he appeared extremely confident in his decision.

Of course, when the hosts asked him if he would ever play in Ligue 1, he hesitantly responded, "peut-être, peut-être" (Maybe, maybe). To me though, he was saying that because he was on French radio, and didn't want to absolutely rule anything out. It didn't sound like he was actually considering it. The commentators also tried to get him to admit that he might play for PSG in the future, but he said that he wanted to play in a stronger league (EPL).

So yeah, don't worry about it. :D

That quote is being blown out of proportion. I don't know whether or not you speak French, but none of the english translations really did the question justice. The hosts of the show asked him why he chose Chelsea over big clubs like Barca or Real Madrid. THEY made him mention those teams. The transcripts omitted that. He responded by saying that chelsea was a big club too, and that he would get more playing time at Stamford Bridge anyway. His quote was without any hesitation and he didn't indicate any desire to play at those clubs whatsoever. In fact, throughout the interview, he was rather emphatic in his choice of words, and he appeared extremely confident in his decision.

Of course, when the hosts asked him if he would ever play in Ligue 1, he hesitantly responded, "peut-être, peut-être" (Maybe, maybe). To me though, he was saying that because he was on French radio, and didn't want to absolutely rule anything out. It didn't sound like he was actually considering it. The commentators also tried to get him to admit that he might play for PSG in the future, but he said that he wanted to play in a stronger league (EPL).

So yeah, don't worry about it. :D

No, i don't speak French, so thank you for the explanation :) And I didn't understand why he'd say that, because he always stated that he wanted to play in the Premier League.