Eden Hazard

the wes

Wouldn't you guys play a 4-2-1-3? My assumption is that if you guys do get Hulk

Ramires - Essien

Hazard

Hulk - Torres - Mata

Playing a 4-2-3-1 would work just the same, but its pretty much the same thing i posted but having the wingers play back a little more.

Anybody have any idea what number he's gonna be wearing? My guess is that he'll take 11 since Drogba is on his way out.

Essien is long gone mate. He will probable be sold/let go in the summer. And I don't see Ramires playing a central role in 4-2-3-1 because he can't pass for his life.

Mata on the wing has proven to be disastrous, especially defensively. He simple does not have the pace to play on the wing. So what I would expect if we sign Hulk is:

Lampard-Mikel

Hulk-Mata-Hazard

Torres

Essien is long gone mate. He will probable be sold/let go in the summer. And I don't see Ramires playing a central role in 4-2-3-1 because he can't pass for his life.

Mata on the wing has proven to be disastrous, especially defensively. He simple does not have the pace to play on the wing. So what I would expect if we sign Hulk is:

Lampard-Mikel

Hulk-Mata-Hazard

Torres

I have to say, that seems incredibly harsh to drop Ramires from the starting 11, considering he was probably (along with Mata) our best player last season. Tough decisions for the new manager to make undoubtedly, but Ramires would be one of the first names on the team sheet if it were up to me.

Lampard-Mikel

Hulk-Mata-Hazard

Torres

This confuses me, I know Lampard is a good player but in a 4231 we need someone who can run from box to box and move the ball from defence to attack with energy. You say Ramires cannot pass but his pass percentage was 85.1% which is pretty reasonable (ranked 12th in our squad) and in comparison Lampard had 86.9% so not that much more. While we compare them Rami had the most tackles on average per game in the squad (2.8) and the 6th most interceptions (1.9). Attacking wise Lampard had the most shots per game (2.2) but Ramires had a respectable 1.6 whilst he was also the top dribbler with 1.4 successful dribbles per game.

In my opinion, this seems the perfect for the role of a player who can bridge defence and attack on a fast counter attacking move but also play a solid line when needed to plug gaps and stop the opposition attacks.

To see more of his statistics from this season please see here.

I have to say, that seems incredibly harsh to drop Ramires from the starting 11, considering he was probably (along with Mata) our best player last season. Tough decisions for the new manager to make undoubtedly, but Ramires would be one of the first names on the team sheet if it were up to me.

Whom would you play him instead?

This confuses me, I know Lampard is a good player but in a 4231 we need someone who can run from box to box and move the ball from defence to attack with energy. You say Ramires cannot pass but his pass percentage was 85.1% which is pretty reasonable (ranked 12th in our squad) and in comparison Lampard had 86.9% so not that much more. While we compare them Rami had the most tackles on average per game in the squad (2.8) and the 6th most interceptions (1.9). Attacking wise Lampard had the most shots per game (2.2) but Ramires had a respectable 1.6 whilst he was also the top dribbler with 1.4 successful dribbles per game.

In my opinion, this seems the perfect for the role of a player who can bridge defence and attack on a fast counter attacking move but also play a solid line when needed to plug gaps and stop the opposition attacks.

To see more of his statistics from this season please see here.

Statistics, especially in passing, account for absolutely nothing. When I say he cannot pass, I mean he does not have the vision or ability to pick out a pass that will stretch any defense. He has a high percentage because he most often attempts 5m-10m easy passes, while Lamps tries to make every pass count and gives us the option of playing accurate long balls. People say that Robbie turned our season around, but it was also the partnership between Lamps and Mikel that was key to winning the double.

As for the defensive part, I have no doubt that one on one Ramires is the better defender, but Lamps reads the game much better so his defensive positioning gives him a huge advantage. Those tackles Rambo made actually tell me that he is often late and has to resort to tackling.

Honestly I would much rather have Ramires rotate with the wingers while Josh Raul (realistically) rotate in the CM position.

Whom would you play him instead?

Statistics, especially in passing, account for absolutely nothing. When I say he cannot pass, I mean he does not have the vision or ability to pick out a pass that will stretch any defense. He has a high percentage because he most often attempts 5m-10m easy passes, while Lamps tries to make every pass count and gives us the option of playing accurate long balls. People say that Robbie turned our season around, but it was also the partnership between Lamps and Mikel that was key to winning the double.

As for the defensive part, I have no doubt that one on one Ramires is the better defender, but Lamps reads the game much better so his defensive positioning gives him a huge advantage. Those tackles Rambo made actually tell me that he is often late and has to resort to tackling.

Honestly I would much rather have Ramires rotate with the wingers while Josh Raul (realistically) rotate in the CM position.

I don't see the need for him to pick out a splitting pass though as I would imagine Mata would drop deeper into the hole near the opposition CDM and all Ramires will have to do is pass to him or Hazard on the LW then let them deal with the attacking. Mata would act as a playmaker in my eyes allowing Hazard/Hulk to move inside for him to deliver the ball to them or Torres, so therefore Ramires doesn't need to act as any playmaker but more of a player who can get the ball from deep and bring it out to the players with natural talent to break down defences whether this be Mata's ability to spray the ball around, Hazard's dribbling or Hulk's long shots.