Eden Hazard

the wes

Lampard is 34 in 9 days, he can't play 3 times a week anymore even 2 is pushing it.

Ramires should be first choice with Lampard playing the experienced squad role, less is more when you get to the age Frank is now.

Totally agree with that and I believe in a 4231 Ramires suits the role beside the defensive midfielder more in order to act as a carrier of the ball with his energy in counter attacking situations. This is also a reason why I think Dembele should be bought in as cover as Lampard with his age and as he's always been hasn't ever matched the energy of other players but managed to do what he has done with a superb footballing brain, yet in a 4231 with him being more attacking against big teams he can struggle to outmuscle the likes of Mata or Hazard for that place in the centre to do what he does best and that is attack.

Totally agree with that and I believe in a 4231 Ramires suits the role beside the defensive midfielder more in order to act as a carrier of the ball with his energy in counter attacking situations. This is also a reason why I think Dembele should be bought in as cover as Lampard with his age and as he's always been hasn't ever matched the energy of other players but managed to do what he has done with a superb footballing brain, yet in a 4231 with him being more attacking against big teams he can struggle to outmuscle the likes of Mata or Hazard for that place in the centre to do what he does best and that is attack.

Dembele isn't a bad shout but would Fulham sell to us?

Dembele isn't a bad shout but would Fulham sell to us?

We have a very good rapport with Fulham, add Malouda and a couple of million and I am sure they will be fine with it. They will be losing their star player but in my opinion they have Ruiz and if Dembele pushes for the move there is no real choice for them, there's not many other players I can think of though who can suit the role for so little money so if Fulham stick at their guns we could have a problem.

Hopefully this move for Hazard and the rumoured one for Hulk is the start and not an end of the spree as I still feel we need several players including a world class CDM (Vidal, Martinez or Bender) & RB (van der Wiel or Azpilicueta) then a back up CB (Howedes, though Martinez can play there if needs be and Mikel can slot into the team). That is without considering a potential back up striker if Torres and Sturridge misfire though we do have Marin who can slot in if we do sign Hulk as he can move up front.

A Utd fan outraged and defying the term plastic,

"I regard clubs that spend the money from crooked oil barons because, as much as they pretend to be 'big boys', they're so far from actually being 'big boys' that they can't sustain their wage bill or pay their transfer fees with the money they make as being 'plastic'. Clubs like Chelsea, Citeh, PSG, Malaga and Anzhi Whothefuckarethey"

Salford Kel is extremely biased & bitter, she has a distorted view point

We have a very good rapport with Fulham, add Malouda and a couple of million and I am sure they will be fine with it. They will be losing their star player but in my opinion they have Ruiz and if Dembele pushes for the move there is no real choice for them, there's not many other players I can think of though who can suit the role for so little money so if Fulham stick at their guns we could have a problem.

He has one year left on his contract, they could get a decent amount or run the risk of losing him for free. Also if a deal could be done I wouldn't mind Lukaku going their on loan. Seeing as Andy Johnson has been released and they are still debating on renewing Pavel's contract, it could be ideal for both clubs.

He has one year left on his contract, they could get a decent amount or run the risk of losing him for free. Also if a deal could be done I wouldn't mind Lukaku going their on loan. Seeing as Andy Johnson has been released and they are still debating on renewing Pavel's contract, it could be ideal for both clubs.

Wasn't sure if it was 1 or 2, thanks for clarifying :). I think if we put in a decent bid with the history between the clubs and the deal in hand they will accept providing Dembele wants to come to us, we will be comfortably be in the driving seat with this and it could be a great move as we look to move away from the way we played under Jose and finally herald in a free-flowing game full of skill, energy and unity. Providing the role Ramires has i think Dembele will get a fair share of games in the same position but their versatility really sets them apart and makes them both incredible assets to the team.

Lampard is 34 in 9 days, he can't play 3 times a week anymore even 2 is pushing it.

Ramires should be first choice with Lampard playing the experienced squad role, less is more when you get to the age Frank is now.

But Lampard is better then Ramires in the double pivot tho, we have seen that this season. And if you watched Ramires with Brazil during Copa America last year you would further be convinced that Lampard is much better suited in that role.

Ramires has glaring flaws, like his passing, first touch, and close control. Ramires has his qualities, but those qualities does not suit the double pivot.

Lampard has the better quality for that role. We have seen Lampard not make or few of his trademark runs into the penalty box since switching to 4-2-3-1, that is a credit to his intelligence and tactical discipline. He is not going to be caught out of position or see our midfield be overrun and he is also much better in tight space then Ramires. Sure Ramires is more dynamic, but with the attacking players we are going to have next season Lampard is much more needed in that role.

But Lampard is better then Ramires in the double pivot tho, we have seen that this season. And if you watched Ramires with Brazil during Copa America last year you would further be convinced that Lampard is much better suited in that role.

Ramires has glaring flaws, like his passing, first touch, and close control. Ramires has his qualities, but those qualities does not suit the double pivot.

Lampard has the better quality for that role. We have seen Lampard not make or few of his trademark runs into the penalty box since switching to 4-2-3-1, that is a credit to his intelligence and tactical discipline. He is not going to be caught out of position or see our midfield be overrun and he is also much better in tight space then Ramires. Sure Ramires is more dynamic, but with the attacking players we are going to have next season Lampard is much more needed in that role.

Absolutely right. But like Tomo already said, Frank can't play two, three times a week. We need another player for that role. That's why I'm hoping the club is looking for a central midfielder. There are plenty of options around.

Absolutely right. But like Tomo already said, Frank can't play two, three times a week. We need another player for that role. That's why I'm hoping the club is looking for a central midfielder. There are plenty of options around.

I completely agree with this. I guess, the perfect choice would be Fellaini, but after we solved this problem, we have another one... What will we do with Rambo? I guess he could play on Mikel role against the smaller teams. He and Fellaini could solve the defensive questions, and they can support our attacks. Agree? We should send a message for Roman, or RDM :Goober:

I completely agree with this. I guess, the perfect choice would be Fellaini, but after we solved this problem, we have another one... What will we do with Rambo? I guess he could play on Mikel role against the smaller teams. He and Fellaini could solve the defensive questions, and they can support our attacks. Agree? We should send a message for Roman, or RDM :Goober:

As we found out under RDM and in Carlo's 2nd season it is a squad game these days (even more so now with us having to travel to the East mid season), injury's and fatigue will make sure Ramires gets enough games one way or another.

As we found out under RDM and in Carlo's 2nd season it is a squad game these days (even more so now with us having to travel to the East mid season), injury's and fatigue will make sure Ramires gets enough games one way or another.

Firstly agree with this. Chelsea are likely to play over 60 games next season. Also take into account the toll this season's cup runs have taken on our players, coupled with the Euros and Olympics this summer and we need a big squad to cover this. Everybody will get plenty of games.

People cannot judge Ramires in the pivot role solely on the Napoli away performance. He played alongside Meireles, both of whom are box to box style midfielders. Playing alongside a more defensive minded player gives Ramires the ability to use his box to box running, especially when counter attacking. His finishing and composure have improved immensely this season, and you can see how confident the lad has become now settled. I actually think his ability for explosive running, particularly from a deep position will make him very difficult to pick up and stop, very much like Lampard used to be. I think he can be a success in that pivot role given the chances.

In regards to Eden Hazard, fantastic signing. Very glad it's all gone through done and dusted. And I'm also both intrigued and excited that he said one of the biggest pulls towards moving to Chelsea was that he was sold on their project. I firmly believe this is only just the beginning!!!