Schurrle signing confirmed; will wear #14

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant say i've seen much of him last season, apart from the games against us. I remember him being very tricky/skillful. I know Chelsea have held an interest in him for a good while now as well.

Just wondering, is he better off on the left, right or as a centre forward? Any fans of the Bundesliga able to fill me in?

Cant say i've seen much of him last season, apart from the games against us. I remember him being very tricky/skillful. I know Chelsea have held an interest in him for a good while now as well.

He played as a right winger for bayer leverkusen and before that at mainz he played as a striker. Dont think he can play as a RW as he always does the same move. He moves from the left to the middle and shoots with his right foot!

Just wondering, is he better off on the left, right or as a centre forward? Any fans of the Bundesliga able to fill me in?

He played as a right winger for bayer leverkusen and before that at mainz he played as a striker. Dont think he can play as a RW as he always does the same move. He moves from the left to the middle and shoots with his right foot!

The guy above is right ^^

Due to my own curiosity of the Bundesliga, I follow Schalke in Germany, and the times when Schurrle has lined up vs. Schalke he has been awfully predictable with his moves.

Out of all those, the only winger you've mentioned is Marin.

They don't have to be wingers to play there! Kdb is an attacking midfielder, but he is capable of playing on the right wing!

If Mata isn't playing as a playmaker, he's usually playing on the left! He can play there!

We need to stop trying to buy wingers and focus on getting a striker, whether it be Hulk or anyone else! We've got Marin, Mata and Kdb on board, what more do we want??

They don't have to be wingers to play there! Kdb is an attacking midfielder, but he is capable of playing on the right wing!

If Mata isn't playing as a playmaker, he's usually playing on the left! He can play there!

And Schurrle is a Striker also, mainly because he can and has played there.

We need to stop trying to buy wingers and focus on getting a striker, whether it be Hulk or anyone else! We've got Marin, Mata and Kdb on board, what more do we want??

Disagree, wingers has been our weakest link for years and i am glad we are addressing that. You could argue that Mata would be played behind the forward so not a winger and the same with KDB. And as far as strikers go, we have Torres, Sturridge has (aparently) been promised to be played down the the middle and we have Lukaku, what more do we want?

I like the idea of a fluid 3 behind the main striker swapping positions Hazard, Mata and Hulk would be awesome as that 3.

No very little about Schurrle, but a player who can operate as a winger or a striker would be a very useful addition to the squad. I would think that we are looking to add 2 more players to the forward line, Hulk being the main player we need and another squad player with potential which would be why we are after Schurrle/Moses.

No very little about Schurrle, but a player who can operate as a winger or a striker would be a very useful addition to the squad. I would think that we are looking to add 2 more players to the forward line, Hulk being the main player we need and another squad player with potential which would be why we are after Schurrle/Moses.

He is the typical efficient German.

Strenths:

• Very fast and agile.
  • Decent dribbling and ball control.
  • Decent passing and vision.
  • Striker's Instinct.
  • Great denfensive work rate. He will run till he drops.
  • Aggressive and willing to go for the physicaly dangerous shots.
  • Good finishing.
  • Positional flexibility. Able to play on either Wings and at Centre Forward.

Weaknesses:

• Not very strong.
  • Poor in the air given his 184cm build.

I like the look of this guy i really do.. As Spike said, he seems to have that typical German efficiency. Every team needs at least one German in their team!

He is the typical efficient German.

Strenths:

• Very fast and agile.
  • Decent dribbling and ball control.
  • Decent passing and vision.
  • Striker's Instinct.
  • Great denfensive work rate. He will run till he drops.
  • Aggressive and willing to go for the physicaly dangerous shots.
  • Good finishing.
  • Positional flexibility. Able to play on either Wings and at Centre Forward.

Weaknesses:

• Not very strong.
  • Poor in the air given his 184cm build.

I'd add selfish to the weaknesses.