Schurrle signing confirmed; will wear #14

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This signing makes sense to me because of Schurrle's versatility. If we're sticking with playing a lone striker then we really can't have more than two senior strikers in the team because you can't give them all enough pitch time. So, it would make much sense to have a player like Schurrle who can play on the wings but still be comfortable covering at ST if needed.

That said, 20m is a bit over the top for me. 13-15m would make much more sense.

This looks like a Mou signing through and through. He always loves pacey players that could cut in and pass to the player in best position or take a powerful shot. He has that in Di Maria pretty much. Hazard and Schurlle on the flanks would do just that. And why do I see a pattern, with Hazard being J.Cole and Schurlle our Duff, I don't know. But in my eyes it is exactly like that.

This looks like a Mou signing through and through. He always loves pacey players that could cut in and pass to the player in best position or take a powerful shot. He has that in Di Maria pretty much. Hazard and Schurlle on the flanks would do just that. And why do I see a pattern, with Hazard being J.Cole and Schurlle our Duff, I don't know. But in my eyes it is exactly like that.

Your love for Mou is making u blind :D

£20million makes me cringe. That being said, I haven't seen much of Schurrle to even begin to see reason why it would/wouldn't be a prudent investment. Squad depth is necessary however, so a player in that position, with that versatility can't be bad?

I'll give a basic rundown of his abilities:

• Great work rate. He will help out the fullbacks.
  • Powershot long distance shot.
  • Very pacey.
  • Very agressive and brave.
  • Can play on both wings, CAM and CF.
  • Has a height advantage.
  • Stamina to burn
  • Calm on the ball
  • German = Penalties

Personally I see him as one of those big games and never give up sorts like Lamps and Drogba. He is the type of guy that will pull something out of his arse when things are looking down.

Great signing. I didn't want him for the reported figure last season which was closer to £30m, but this is really good business now.
​He's useless out on the right, so I expect this to be a luxury rotation option for Hazard.

You know those 'wunderkid' flair players such as Gotze and Reus? They wouldn't be able to show that flair and excitement without proper rest (which Schurrle will now provide for our players) and without balance in the team to let them do as they please to an extent - which he should again also now offer.

It also means we should be conceding less goals in theory when he plays as he helps full backs tremendously well and finds himself all over the pitch if the situation calls for it.

I don't expect him to go down as a typical club legend who bangs in goals for fun. I really do expect him to have a 'green' period like Marin - only he'll actually get to see the light at the end of the tunnel and come out a good player for us. He'll probably turn into a fan favourite, for sure.

That said, he's inconsistent these days and has really poor finishing when directly in front of goal. There's more chance of him scoring if he's outside the box.

Assuming this deal really does go through, I think he'll like it here.

I have watched 10-15 games in which he has played and he always does the same move. He does not like to pass and shoots.. If we give them de bruyne as part of the deal and will start to cry and loose my faith.. How blind would the board be de bruyne is the better player and has proved it to them in the same league as schurrle plays.

I am against buying him but if we could get him for 10 it would be ok. What i dont get is why we should buy him and not a pure winger. We have hazard,mata,oscar and only two wingers moses and marin(although marin never plays) so everyboy(including the board) should see that we need pure wingers.

I'll give a basic rundown of his abilities:

• Great work rate. He will help out the fullbacks.
  • Powershot long distance shot.
  • Very pacey.
  • Very agressive and brave.
  • Can play on both wings, CAM and CF.
  • Has a height advantage.
  • Stamina to burn
  • Calm on the ball
  • German = Penalties

Personally I see him as one of those big games and never give up sorts like Lamps and Drogba. He is the type of guy that will pull something out of his arse when things are looking down.

Exactly, I can see him standin out like one of those great players like Drogs and Lamps who give it there all, although he may not have the best footballing abillity, he seems to have a great attitude to the game.

Sometimes you look at the Mazacar and yeah sure it looks great on the attack, but then you look at the bigger picture and DAMN, we look so fucking vulnerable.

Tell me he can honestly play on the flanks without compromising our defensive system (remember that Hazard and Mata arent exactly work horses) that I except him here...

Well he was brought up playing with Mainz who were Jurgen Klopps old team and they apparently worked extremely hard pressing so I'm guessing he is a hard working player.

i think he is fantastic and i would love him. the only "problem" i would have is that it would make a move for bender almost impossible. i know we havent really been linked with him but i have my heart set on him in a chelsea shirt.

This rumour has gone so long, there really has to be a good deal in it. I would love to have another German here. When Ballack was with us we enjoyed far better media coverage than today. And as Ballack , schürrle is a great fit due to the German values that are reflected in his character&play. But also like Ballack in his department he got great competition. Ballack has been the best German player of this century, still he had to play second fiddle to Lampard, comprehensively.

my only problem with this signing is, that we once again won't get one pacy, out and out winger, who gives us width. Those players are approaching extinction, really. Maybe they are not necessary, Bayern and Real who also play 4231 have no out and out wingers too with Robbery and DiMaria/CR respectively.

Also Schürrle is still very inconsistent.

I wonder, whether he will be used more on the right side and swith sides with Hazard, on the left side, where he is more comfortable and most effective, or as striker/second striker

Ba/X

Hazard---Mata---Schürrle

Schürrle

Hazard---Oscar----Mata

all sound appetizing

Maybe his little bit of selfishness and trigger-happiness are just what we are missing in attack.

Well he was brought up playing with Mainz who were Jurgen Klopps old team and they apparently worked extremely hard pressing so I'm guessing he is a hard working player.

Will he work on the 4-2-3-1 with Hazard-Mata-Schurrle?

He was brought up to be a striker at mainz..

This rumour has gone so long, there really has to be a good deal in it. I would love to have another German here. When Ballack was with us we enjoyed far better media coverage than today. And as Ballack , schürrle is a great fit due to the German values that are reflected in his character&play. But also like Ballack in his department he got great competition. Ballack has been the best German player of this century, still he had to play second fiddle to Lampard, comprehensively.

my only problem with this signing is, that we once again won't get one pacy, out and out winger, who gives us width. Those players are approaching extinction, really. Maybe they are not necessary, Bayern and Real who also play 4231 have no out and out wingers too with Robbery and DiMaria/CR respectively.

Also Schürrle is still very inconsistent.

I wonder, whether he will be used more on the right side and swith sides with Hazard, on the left side, where he is more comfortable and most effective, or as striker/second striker

Ba/X

Hazard---Mata---Schürrle

Schürrle

Hazard---Oscar----Mata

all sound appetizing

Maybe his little bit of selfishness and trigger-happiness are just what we are missing in attack.

A little bit of selfishness.. I would say very selfish and very trigger-happy mate.

2012/13 German Bundesliga GAMES GOALS ASSISTS SHOTS 29 9 5 101

He has 101 shots and 9 goals hahaha